Michillins maintenance diary (of sorts)

Thats the flattish slice of salmon as opposed to the cutlet (I could be wrong!!!!!)

Haha, I thought you were saying 'darn' because the salmon was small.

I am following the no count plan from WW now and its a great way to fill up on free foods, the only thing that wouldnt be allowed from your menu would be the bread at breakfast and the yogurt as a snack.

Wednesday 15th july 2009

Bit of a scattered picky day today so far but I know where i went wrong. Not a disaster but must nip the picking in the bud.

Breakfast: Med bowl of shredded wheat bitesize

Snack : current scone and JAM !!!!

Lunch 3 oatcakes and cottage cheese
Yogurt and red apple

Dinner Spagetti bolognese (Wholewheat)
(At least i didnt have the garlic bread)

Snack : Yogurt and strawberries

Just after dinner now and feel a bit stuffed but still want SOMETHING !! thats thanks to my scone and jam earlier now. I am such a twit . I should have known it would start me craving ....It was like a grey mist decended and all logic left my brain . but will just have to amuse myself now for the night and ignore "The voices"Wooooooooh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those voices are a pain in the backside aint they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard those voices yesterday - immediately after a large fruit salad. I wondered if it was too much fructose?? I ignored it and it did go away but it made me wonder ..... x

fructose?!

Yeah - the sugar that's in fruit xx

Ooooh - i am totally thick today i shouldve know that! :sigh:

;) xx

Voices are really bad.
After my lunch today, I had those nagging voices, I totally ignored them and now I have not even had dinner, so my lamb curry will save for tomorrow, my new motto - I REFUSE TO EAT UNLESS I AM GENUINELY HUNGRY.

Mary, I wish I had your self control. I can be really good 95% of the time and then I do something incredibly stupid like having that scone yesterday that can set me off on a 5-6 week binge !!!! . Its like I forget myself , a blue haze decends !!!.

I know anyone can have a slip up but that one slip up can have really bad consequences for me. I have to be very carefull now today . Already had my "good" breakfast with my boiled egg for protein . If I get through today and dont go for more sugary things ,I should be ok.......Dont Listen to the voices breda!!!!

Ooh I dont have it all the time, sometimes the voices get to me and I give in and eat whatever is around, but I do tend to be extra good for the next few days. Its finding those trigger foods, mines is definitely chocolate now, I cant stop at one biscuit, or a couple of squares of chocolate, I have to have more more more.

I am now trying to avoid choccy things completely, and if I still wanted it really badly, I would have it just before bed, at least I can control myself when I am sleeping lol

I am now trying to avoid choccy things completely, and if I still wanted it really badly, I would have it just before bed, at least I can control myself when I am sleeping lol

Now theres a good idea! lol

Hi All,

Didnt get a chance to post all day today . Just as well as I was v.naughty last night and this morning but I turned it around this evening tg and am back on track. I wont even bore ye with the gastly details but it contained a lot of chocolate biscuits !!!!!!!!:cry:

THAT FLIPPIN SCONE !!!!. I knew as soon as I had it i was in trouble. Had a serious talk to myself today though and just stopped . I know I will probably be up tomorrow (Saturday weigh in day) . Have to be really good for the next few days to detox now again. Talk about one step forward and two steps back :sigh:

No you're not! You might be taking 2 forward and 1 back but that still leaves you ahead of where you were. You've only got to look at your results to see you're not doing what you said!

If I'm honest I'm finding this 'trying to find the happy medium' food wise really quite difficult. We didn't get out of control and into the states we were in overnight so we have to expect it might take some time to find our levels. Until then I think we may well be all one way or all the other, we just have to be persistent.

And be here for each other ... I really don't know where I'd be without that!!! xx

Jan , thanks so much . you are right . I may be yo-yo ing around 12 st but its better than 14st 5 where i started. I suppose it is going to take time to learn to eat differently and have it become a way of life. My problem i think is I still want to loose another stone + and I thought it would magically fall off with healthy eating but Its not happening yet.

It has crossed my mind to go back on TFR to get that stone off but when I finished TFR before I was nt feeling great so I am slow to go back to it . I will just have to perceviere and wait until my body is ready to loose again. I wish I wasnt so impatient.!!!!!!!!!!.

Thanks again Jan , You are a star :D:D

decided I better start putting my menu on again as it keeps me focussed.

Breakfast: 30g bitesize shredded wheat
low fat milk
boiled egg
2 slices wholemeal bread
scrape flora light

This is a BIG breakfast I know but I find i am very hungry in the morning and if I dont I will be picking before lunch

Lunch : 3 slices roast chicken breast
Mixed salad , Diet yougurt

Dinner : Chicken Curry (Marys Recipe) small portion boiled brown rice

Last edited:
Hiya, hope you are ok, the sugar thing is awful isn't it, I have been ok up to now, but yesterday needed something sweet, and basically I would have killed anyone who stopped me, I think it's cos I 'm just finishing a heavy totm and I needed sugar. Trying to be really disciplined today, but may have to have a drink or two tonight. Mojitio's here I come. I will try to be sensible though. I'm still trying to be strict in the week and relaxing a little at the weekend.:D Good luck this week x

Thanks joy , When I eat sugar/chocolate ,no-one would stop me either because I binge in secret buying bars and sweets on the sly. My thirteen year old son is "strong built"(I hate the word FAT) and I am always encouraging him to eat healthily so if he sees me with bad food he really lets fly and shames me . In one way its great but when i am on a binge I could throttle him!!!!!!!!!!!(love him to bits though)

I have had a few things that could have triggered a full-blown binge attack in the past, but I seem to stop and just carry on eating healthily and in small portions now, whereas before 1 slip of a bad food and the whole day would be scoff, scoff, scoff anything, everything and in large quantities...then tomorrow would be really strict, unless just 1 "bad" food hit my lips and off I would go again for the whole day....Mad....innit!!!!!!!

Back