MidnightSparkles 'Unit Diet' Food Diary

Aww, thanks for the kind words Lou. :D It is really hard getting my head round this diet as there is so much to eat and nothing is forbidden. It honestly doesn't feel like a diet at all, I keep on feeling like I am cheating. I mentally did a count up of how much food I have been eating over the past few days and it balances out to around 1800 cals per day which is a surprise seeing as how it feels like I am eating more, especially with being able to have proper sized chocolate bars , crisps and takeaways. I did jump on the scales again today and I am now down to 2lbs lost which is amazing especially as I came straight from CD790.

Anyway will post my food diary later. :)

Thanks for the support.

The Unit Diet – Day 4 – Allocated Units 10

Breakfast
Mug of Tea 0
Bowl of Rice Krispies 0
Punnet of Blueberries 0
Glass of water 0

Lunch
2 medium slices bread 0.5
3 slices ham 0.5
Flora light 0.5
Lettuce and cue 0
Virtually fat free peach yog 0
Glass of sugar free orangeade 0

Dinner
Mashed Potato 0
1 tsp flora light for potato 0.5
Fillet of Cod in Breadcrumbs 3.5
Marrowfat peas 0
Diet coke 0

Supper
Mug of Tea 0
Barbeque snack a jacks 1
Curly whirly 1.5
Bagel 1.5
3 extra light laughing cow cheese triangles 0.5

Total Units = 10

OMG!

2lb down already? This seems brilliant.

Well done Natalie.

Lou xxx

Thanks Lou, It's nice to see the weight coming off again after having been through two weeks of seeing no change. I guess upping the amount I was eating did the trick. I just wish it wasn't totm coming up as I can never fully trust the scales:)

Take care,

Hi natalie,

Reading your thread with great interest. I have not heard of this diet before. It almost sounds too good to be true. I love cereal, so it's great that it is free.
Keep up the good work :D

I agree with you Holly about this diet seeming too good to be true. Every morning when I jump on the scales I keep expecting to see a 5lb gain or something...lol, its crazy and yet I am on day 4 and 2lb down so something is working.

Yes the free cereal is a great little bonus, that was one of the things that pulled me towards this diet...lol.

The Unit Diet – Day 5 – Allocated Units 10

Breakfast
Mug of tea 0
2 slices medium bread 0.5
2 rashers bacon 1
1tsp flora light 0.5

Lunch
Bowl of Frosties 0
Punnet of Blueberries 0
Virtually fat free raspberry yog 0
Glass of water 0

Dinner
Half a jar of Dolmio light bolognaise sauce 0.5
Quorn mince 0
Pasta shells (as much as you can eat until comfortably full) 0.5
Cadbury’s light Mousse 1
Diet coke 0

Supper
Mug of Tea 0
Walkers baked cheese and onion crisps 0.5
3 Jaffa cakes 1
2 Medium slices Toast 0.5
Apricot Jam 0.5

Total 6.5 units used

Bacon butties, Frosties, Jaffa Cakes....can't wait to see your weigh in results on here :D

Good luck Natalie, think theres a few of us on here praying you lose weight as this seems to be the answer to our prayers and dreams!!!

Lou xxx

Not only is there cereal but skimmed milk is a free food too.

I often find diets with free foods have limits on anything that you would normally add to them to make them more palatable

Having all fruit and skimmed milk means you're free to have smoothies, a bowl of cereal and still have plenty to add to your mashed potato:cool:

Another good thing is the inclusion of peas and sweetcorn as free foods.

I have a students Mum doing this diet after I suggested it to her. Actually I suggested Cambridge. She lasted to 8:00am Day 1:rolleyes: Decided it was way too hard. She then tried judddering, but could never pluck up the courage to do the DD :D

Now she 'units' and loves it. I caught up with her today when kiddo came to a lesson. She's lost 15lbs and is ecstatic.

i love cereal but usually add loads of sugar to it! The prospect of frosties (which i don't add sugar too!) is yummy!!

Morning everyone,

Wow day six fo the unit diet already.

Lou-Lou - The foods allowed on this diet are fab aren't they. In the past we have had it drummed into us that eating 'normal foods' is bad and that to lose weight we have to eat less and also cut out the foods we love, i.e. choc etc.... This diet proves you can still eat normal food and lose weight. (Or at least I hope it will). Lol..

Htpink - My weigh in is Thursday, so not long to wait now :)
Also with regards to putting sugar on cereals, have you ever tried splenda thats quite nice over some of the non sugar coated cereals and is pretty much calorie free and would be unit free too.

D_Q The free cereal is a godsend. I find having a big bowl for brekky can keep me going for hours, whereas when I was counting calories and having a 30g bowl I was hungry within an hour and looking for food. At least eating as much as I want keeps me full and stops me snacking. Plus it's nice to be able to have another bowl whenever you feel hungry.

Also some of the other cereals which aren't free like weetabix and porridge etc, they are still only half a unit per serving, so still allowable to eat.

Karion - 15lbs is a great loss from your students Mum. Very reassuring. I know there are some ladies on the official jigsaw board who have lost a good amount of weight in a faster time than it took me counting calories. It's mad..:rolleyes:

Thanks for all your support ladies. I truly hope this diet does work, as the thought of having to go back to counting calories does not filll me with joy. So far since starting this diet. I haven't felt hungry, have enjoyed my fave foods, and surprisingly have had no cravings for forbidden foods. Maybe because I can have them..:giggle:

Thanks again

The Unit Diet – Day 6 – Allocated Units 10

Breakfast
Mug of tea 0
Bowl of Frosties 0
Half a punnet of blackberries 0
Virtually Fat free Strawberry yog 0

Lunch
Bowl of plain boiled rice 0.5
Golden veg cup-a-soup poured over rice 0.5
Half a punnet of blackberries (yes! i'm addicted to them :p) 0
Glass of water 0

Dinner
1 chicken breast in tomato and basil (Tesco Ready Meal) 1.5
New potatoes 0
Cadbury’s light Mousse 1
Diet coke 0

Supper
Mug of Tea 0
Barbeque snack a jacks 1
Fry’s Turkish delight 1.5
2 Medium slices Toast 0.5
1tsp flora light 0.5
2 tsp Apricot Jam 0.5

Total units used 7.5.

Midnight-sparkles, I love reading your diary - you sound so positive and up - it's really cool to read. :cool: Looking forward to your weigh ;)

Midnight-sparkles, I love reading your diary - you sound so positive and up - it's really cool to read. :cool: Looking forward to your weigh ;)

Haha, you wouldn't think that if you could see me sitting here today. Totm has me in it's grip. I am loaded up with paracetamol and feel crappy. I don't even feel that hungry today as my stomach is all crampy. Still on the plus side at least I have some units left over if I need an extra choccy indulgence. :D I look forward to watching Holby City and eating my turkish delight.

Back