MidnightSparkles 'Unit Diet' Food Diary

Hi Natalie

How's it going?

Hope you are getting on ok. Really missing your positive posts..sorry if that sounds selfish.

Love Lou xxx

Hiya all,

How is everyone?, hope your all well :)

Well the diet is still going great. I lost 4lbs on my last weigh in, but remember that was two weeks worth as I didn't weigh in for a week. so it probably pans out to 2lbs per week, but nontheless am very happy with that :D Will get round to updating my ticker and siggy at some point.

ClaireJen, how are you getting on with your unit diet updays? I do hope they make a difference and help you shift those stubborn pounds.

Karion - Yes I probably should eat more protein, the trouble is I am not a great meat eater and the proteins I do like (eggs and cheese) are high in fat. But I will try and add more fish and chicken into my diet.

D.Q. - I still really love this diet. so it's going fab. Did you ever get started on the unit diet or did you decide to stick with slimming world? Either way I hope your diet is going well.

Lou- sorry I haven't been posting as much, I feel guilty now :cry:
lol, Nah, its just been a bit difficult with the school hols and all. I have three daughters and the oldest two are always kicking me off the computer so I can barely get on at the moment :rolleyes:

Great to hear you are losing well, 2lbs a week is excellent. I have just seen my scales move down as of this morning, so it looks like my unit UDs might be working. So I shall keep on with it now, hopefully I will reach goal in a few weeks. Still finding it confusing, it's not designed for home cooking, how does the matrix work?

Claire that is so good to hear that your scales have finally started to move again. Yay the plateau has ended:bliss:

About the matrix. This is how it works.

1. Look at the package that the food come in and find the calorie and fat contents. for example walkers 50g crisps have 265 cals and 16.8g fat.

2. Look at the left axis of the matrix for the nearest fat content. you will find the nearest to be 17.

3. Now look along the top of the matrix for the nearest calorie value. you will find 275 to be the nearest.

4. Now trace along the left and the top of the matrix until you meet in the middle and you should arrive at 6. Therefore those crisps are 6 units.

As for fresh ingredients. Simply unit up every item you have to go into the dish and then at the end if the total amount wound up at 16 units and it was for four people then it would be 4 units per person.

I hope this helps and isn't too confusing (And was also what you were asking me..lol)

Thanks Natalie, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I was trying to work it with fat and carbs and the figures were way out, DUH.

Tuesday's food diary Unit allowence 10

Breakfast
Tea 0
Rice Crispies 0

Lunch
2 Bread 0.5
2 ham 0.5
1tsp xtra light flora 0.5
salad 0
Diet coke 0

Dinner
Savoury Rice 0.5
4 Fishfingers 1
sugar free jelly 0
Diet coke 0

Supper
Tea 0
bowl of Frosties 0
Punnet of blue berries 0
snack a jacks 1
3 jaffa cakes 1

Total units for the day = 5

Hi Natalie,

so pleased that the unit diet is working so well for you, you sound so positive. I feel a bit mean as you were so helpful to me when I showed interest in the diet and now I feel that I have let you down by not starting it. Thing is my head is just not in a 'diet' mood and I feel that I have been getting in a depressive downward spiral. So I have made some positive decisions (see my thread in general weight loss discussions) and for now will be 'taking care of me'. I don't know what the future holds but for now I just need to think positive and stop beating myself up.

Looking forward to seeing your successes on here, you really are an inspiration.

Much love

Oh Barb, don't be so silly of course I don't feel you have let me down. At the end of the day we all have to do what is best for us.

I have days when I just want to scream in frustration at the fact that my life revolves around diets and I never have the freedom to eat what I want without feeling guilty or disgusted with myself. Once I lose the control of watching what I eat the weight just piles on. I know I will be on a diet for the rest of my life.

For you to be able to break free from all that is fantastic, I wish I could too. I just know you will succeed Barb, you seem to positive and determined. Things will fall into place for you. I wish you all the very best and hope you still continue to contribute to the board.:)

Take care

I too think i'm always going to have to be on some kind of eating plan (i dont want to say diet as it'll depress me!! :) )

Just a quick question Natalie - Do you usually have less than 10 units or is that just how your day works out? If you have less units do you lose more weight?

Hi Helen,

Yeah I do have a bit of trouble sticking to the ten units a day. I find the food I am eating too filling and sometimes find myself eating the units even though I am not hungry for them just to use them up. So I just eat what I can and if that means that some days I am only eating five or six units then that is fine with me. I figure it can't hurt the diet.

You will lose more if you eat less units. There are two other plans within the unit diet. Fast track which is designed for two weeks only and is based on two units a day. It states you can lose a dress size in a fortnight. And then there is the twist plan which I think is based on 8 units a day and a slight restriction on the free foods. It says it maximises the weight loss each week.

Take care,

This is Wednesdays Menu

Breakfast
Bowl of special K 0
Tea 0

Lunch
Heinz Lentil Soup 1
2 slices bread 0.5
Glass water 0

Dinner
Mashed potato 0
2 quorn burgers 2
marrowfat peas 0
Tomato sauce 0
Punnet of Blueberries 0
Diet coke 0

Supper
Tea 0
2 toast 0.5
diet jam 0.5
french fancy 1
snack a jacks 1

Total Units used 6.5

Carrot_tit , No I don't usually carry them over, although tomorrow I am out all day so wont be able to follow the diet properly so am just going to eat what I want, but am not too worried as I reckon I must be in credit...lol..:D

Your menus look great - you have a really good variety of food.

When's your weigh day?

Me again ... still having nose around!!!

Nathalie you are doing great!! This eating plan sounds like a great way to go once I'm at maintenance. Will be reading about how you guys get on regular. Keep it up though - 9lbs in 3 weeks is really good. I'm gobsmacked as I have this thing in my head that CD SS/790 are the only ways to achieve this kinda loss. Hmmm .... perhaps this worm is turning!!

Boofaloo - My weigh day used to be Thursday, but I was ill a few weeks ago and didn't diet for a few days and things got messed around so now I am weighing in on a Monday.

Thanks D_Q & Princess Farkie (Great name..lol). Yeah 9lbs is def something to cheer about, I can't believe it, I'm stunned and my clothes are feeling looser! :D

Hey natalie. How's it going. Are you all set for weigh day tomorrow?

Have you tried the fast track programme? It's been suggested i try it for a week to give myself a boost.

Back