Might be pushing it.............

Chala1972

but does anyone have a recipe for buns that come in the rules? Daughter home from uni this weekend and she wanted some buns and didnt want to make any because i couldnt have them, told her to make some for her and her dad and not go without just cos i cant be trusted :rolleyes: haha, so just thought i would ask just incase on the off chance someone had one :D XX

search fat free recipes. I haven't tried any buns, but i have made a fat free sponge and a fat free fruit cake which is lovely!!! If you cant find one you like, let me know and i will write out my copy.

can i ask what a bun is... to me that is just a bread roll? or am i wrong in thinking that???

haha sorry kez, it must be a west yorkshire thing, cupcakes the americans call em lol but as a kid they were always 'buns' butterfly buns, chocolate buns etc hth :) x

hmmmm.. yum lol....
you could prob do a dairy free one... therefore it wont have butter in it.... see how that goes

i call em cupcakes lol...buns are bread rolls to me,unless theyre iced buns the ones with pink icing are my favourite

whats a bread cake? is that the same as a barn cake?

english people are just so wired. lol hehehe

lol Kes...a cupcake is a cupcake...a bun is bread roll and yet sometimes on corrie they have barn cakes...? dont the americans call biscuits cookies and biscuits are something different lol

im not american so i dont know...
to me biscuits are large and cookies are little.... i dunno that might just be my way of thinking!

see i always think of cookies being big and round like from greggs, but then you get maryland biscuits which i think are a small cookie hmmmm

Americans just don't use the term biscuit at all. They use cookie for all types of biscuit. I recently went to Costa Rica with some Americans and they loved winding me up about the names of things.

The strangest one for me was that they called chips "fries" but they still call it a fish n chip shop :)

I see cookies as being crumbly and biscuits as hard (like digestives)

Cupcakes are american called so as you can use any cup to hand to make em, biscuits are scone like things they eat with their savoury means, biscuits and gravy, they also make sweet ones to have, but they are the same consistancy as our scones, cookies are what we know as cookies, they call all their 'biscuits' cookies, am so glad i am english LMAO :) x

my american friends try to confuse me,but im used to it know lol i remember bring it texas and asking for candy floss at a fair,i had the most strangest of looks,then it clicked its cotton candy there. i'll ask my friend about the biscuit thing as shes had something that she called a biscuit...

when i first went over there she made me toast and asked if i wanted jelly on it lol...i was like woah!..til she explained its jam lol

xoxo

Back