Milk allowance

chillihot

Can someone help please? I regularly measure out my 350ml allowance of soya light milk, but as I very rarely use it in anything but coffee (not a cereal fan and don't have a sweet tooth), I therefore use the measured allowance over several days. I only count it as a healthyA on the day I measure it, as splitting my allowance on the day can get quite confusing if I only have one coffee for instance. I enquired at my class but think I confused my leader as she didn't know the ans.
Any thoughts?? I was working on the premiss that its more straight forward, and over a weeks dieting it I would be having my correct HEx allowance.

If I only use a small amount of my milk allowance for the day, I tend to Syn it rather than use it as a HexA & then have some cheese as a HexA

Thing is you are not having your HEXa allowance because you are not using the milk on the day but over several days. If you really do not use very much I would be inclined to syn it and have some cheese for the healthy extra. But there is no requirement to have the full amount if you do not want to - it will not affect your losses and as long as you getting calcium from elsewhere in your diet, it should not affect your health.

Thanks guys... think I will look up the syn value for soya lite and just use it as a healthy extra on the very rare occasion I have cereal

Back