MiM's

Hi There

Forgive me for being so stupid but when u measured out ur 1/4 of a cup of flaxseed how big a cup did u use????? What is in grams???

xx

Just a suggestion on the Philly - tesco own brand soft creamy cheese tastes same but has fewer carbs. Check labels in the supermarket.

Also given the useful effect that flax has on insides it also stops me eating too many lol!

A cup is US measure of volume Approximate 220ml. Of the flax I've been using a cup is about 100g

Just a suggestion on the Philly - tesco own brand soft creamy cheese tastes same but has fewer carbs. Check labels in the supermarket.

Also given the useful effect that flax has on insides it also stops me eating too many lol!

Oh yes, now i know what you're talking about. Had to abandon my avon deliveries straight after school run to get home to the loo. Feel half a stone lighter lol, altho doubt it shows that on the scales :D

A cup is US measure of volume Approximate 220ml. Of the flax I've been using a cup is about 100g

That is a lot, the normal mim is usually about 40gms of flax - I have read somewhere that you should not really have more than 50 - 60gms a day. It can have the opposite effect if you have too much apparently. (ie it can bung you up :eek:)

Hi bren - i agree. Was just answering the question about cups!

For my mims I have about quarter of a cup and usually split into 2. If i have more than that a day it has unfortunate effects lol!

Yes - i also find the flax really rich (and system tells me high in cals!). We tried it for pizza bases last week and i just couldnt eat it! We are going to test almond flour for pizzas next :)

Great thx will try that too
Xx

i made a mim last week with flax, egg, butter, baking powder, 2tsp dble cream, 2tsp mayo, herbs, salt and a measure of whey powder, it was really nice, not so eggy as the savoury mims can be. it was more bready, i had it with corned beef.
it will be slightly higher carbs due to the whey powder, but not much as it is a very low carb one, and it did for 2 days as it was quite big.

When I did Atkins years ago I used to make a pizza base using different cheeses. Cant remember the recipe now mind you but its something else to consider.

I just made my first ever cinnamon MiM! it was gorgeous! i recon slicing it and then toasting it in the grill is the way forward, i'm going to try that tomorrow :) x

I toasted my mim in slices for the first time this morning... so much better tasting I have no idea why I never did it before.

I toasted my mim in slices for the first time this morning... so much better tasting I have no idea why I never did it before.

I spread mine out over the lid of a ****** plastic lid and put in microwave, then i popped it in the toaster. Had it with 2 sausages and mushrooms this morning and a bit of mayo, forget the lettuce lol

Hi Claire, I am using the same flax brand from Tesco as you and still enjoying good weekly loses, it's not affected ketosis for me.

I love experimenting, your right the possibilities are endless!! My latest adaptation is MIM 'naan' bread:-

1/4 cup flaxmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
2 teaspoons butter
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon tandoori masala powder
pinch garlic powder
1/4 cup chopped fresh corriander

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir well, then add butter and egg. Microwave for 2 mins (depending on your oven output). Leave to cool, then sprinkle on some cold water and bake in the oven until crisp (10 mins fan assisted 160 degrees). Im trying to achieve a crispy texture rather than bread. Enjoy with Jim's fabulous curry recipe!

Quantities can be adjusted to suit any tastes, you just have to be brave!! x

Back