Minced beef in slow cooker

rover_gem

Does anyone have a slow cooker recipe for minced beef? I want to try something diferent from the usual chilli con carne and spag bol! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Thank you! :) Will have a bash at one of those

Yum the Keema looks lovely and easily adapted to be free food.

xx

Would you fry light/brown the mince first or just bung it in the slow cooker, please?
I've got the extra lean mince from Tesco to try.

Would you fry light/brown the mince first or just bung it in the slow cooker, please?
I've got the extra lean mince from Tesco to try.

I would brown the mince just for a few minutes first. Even though the extra lean mince is the best one to buy, a few mins in the pan before going into the slow cooker will always help :)

Thanks. I'm thinking of doing cottage pie with it, bulking it with onions and some veg. Will adding some stock or bovril make it work? and do you add a LC triangle to the mash instead of butter?
Sorry for all the questions:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm thinking of doing cottage pie with it, bulking it with onions and some veg. Will adding some stock or bovril make it work? and do you add a LC triangle to the mash instead of butter?
Sorry for all the questions:eek:

Ask as many questions as you like: theres always someone on here who can answer them!
I have never tried making Cottage Pie in it. When cooking the mince in the cooker i would add a little stock but not too much as it does not evaporate as it would if in a normal pan. I would suggest putting the veg in the slow cooker first so that they cook all the way through.

A lot of people on here have used the triangles in the mash and have said it tasted good!

Good luck!!

Back