• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Minced beef in slow cooker

Mrs E-H

Loves Slimming World
S: 24st11.0lb C: 24st3.5lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 54.8 Loss: 0st7.5lb(2.16%)
Yum the Keema looks lovely and easily adapted to be free food.

xx

S: 14st8lb C: 11st0.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 24.9 Loss: 3st7.5lb(24.26%)
Would you fry light/brown the mince first or just bung it in the slow cooker, please?
I've got the extra lean mince from Tesco to try.

Nemesis82

Silver Member
S: 17st8.5lb C: 16st6.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 38.4 Loss: 1st2lb(6.49%)
Would you fry light/brown the mince first or just bung it in the slow cooker, please?
I've got the extra lean mince from Tesco to try.
I would brown the mince just for a few minutes first. Even though the extra lean mince is the best one to buy, a few mins in the pan before going into the slow cooker will always help :)

S: 14st8lb C: 11st0.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 24.9 Loss: 3st7.5lb(24.26%)
Thanks. I'm thinking of doing cottage pie with it, bulking it with onions and some veg. Will adding some stock or bovril make it work? and do you add a LC triangle to the mash instead of butter?
Sorry for all the questions:eek:

Last edited:

Nemesis82

Silver Member
S: 17st8.5lb C: 16st6.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 38.4 Loss: 1st2lb(6.49%)
Thanks. I'm thinking of doing cottage pie with it, bulking it with onions and some veg. Will adding some stock or bovril make it work? and do you add a LC triangle to the mash instead of butter?
Sorry for all the questions:eek:
Ask as many questions as you like: theres always someone on here who can answer them!
I have never tried making Cottage Pie in it. When cooking the mince in the cooker i would add a little stock but not too much as it does not evaporate as it would if in a normal pan. I would suggest putting the veg in the slow cooker first so that they cook all the way through.

A lot of people on here have used the triangles in the mash and have said it tasted good!

Good luck!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World 5
Syn Values 2
Slimming World Recipes 2
Syn Values 3
Syn Values 2