This soup is really yummy, filling and low in carlories. I made a batch for myself but my partner loved it so much he ate most of it.
Try it and let me know what you think
Calories per Serving: 65
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 spray low-fat cooking spray
- 1 large onion(s), chopped
- 1 1/2 medium carrot(s), chopped
2 portion stock cube, vegetable, dissolved in 850 ml hot water
- 400 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs, Italian
- 40 g pasta, uncooked, tiny shapes for soup, or macaroni
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 1 serving pepper, black, freshly ground
- Heat a large saucepan and mist it with low fat cooking spray. Add the onion and carrot cook gently for about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add the tomatoes and dried herbs. Bring up to the boil, and then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer over a very low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the saucepan. Cook for 10 more minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the soup in warmed bowls.