***Minestrone Soup Recipe - 65Kcal per serving***

Catherine_UK

This soup is really yummy, filling and low in carlories. I made a batch for myself but my partner loved it so much he ate most of it. :rolleyes:

Try it and let me know what you think

Minestrone Soup

Servings: 6
Calories per Serving: 65
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min

Ingredients
  • 1 spray low-fat cooking spray
  • 1 large onion(s), chopped
  • 1 1/2 medium carrot(s), chopped
    2 portion stock cube, vegetable, dissolved in 850 ml hot water
  • 400 g canned tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs, Italian
  • 40 g pasta, uncooked, tiny shapes for soup, or macaroni
  • 1 pinch salt, or to taste
  • 1 serving pepper, black, freshly ground

Instructions
  • Heat a large saucepan and mist it with low fat cooking spray. Add the onion and carrot cook gently for about 3 minutes.
  • Pour in the vegetable stock and add the tomatoes and dried herbs. Bring up to the boil, and then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer over a very low heat for about 15 minutes.
  • Add the pasta to the saucepan. Cook for 10 more minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper, to taste.
  • Serve the soup in warmed bowls.

Looks lovely, will give it a whirl over the weekend. Thanks hun.

Will give this a go, I've recently been having a lot of homemade tomato and basil soup, just a tin of tomatoes half-heartedly passed through a sieve, sprinkle of dried basil, salt and pepper. 53 calories as it is, or 64 with a dessertspoon of single cream in it. One tin makes two portions, and the flavour is so intense that you don't feel the need to eat more, but as it is so saintly, it won't do much damage if you do!

Back