Mini binge, or is it?

Dan8317

Hey all,

Well after a good few days on track last night I had what I thought was a bit of a mini binge (binging is a problem for me). Then when I sat down and worked out the pp it only added up to 18 and had only used a few weeklies this week so it is more than covered but its the guilt that is driving me insane.

Think I've been dieting that long and switching between that many diets I've attached labels of 'good' and 'bad' to food. Yesterdays 'binge' started off with just a nice biscuit (1pp) but because I see biscuits as 'bad' and felt like I had broke my diet I then went on to consume the total of 18pp (mixture of foods).

After reading through some threads on here I've come to the realisation that this is what I need to address in order to stop the binging but how :s

I decided on ww because I like the flexibility of it and the fact that nothing is off limits but need to change this mindset.

On a more positive note I have not continued the binge today after calculating the pp and tracking it and instead have gone back to 'normal' eating. This is unheard of for me as usually they can go on for days. Got to take the small victories lol.

Good luck,
Dan x

hello,

well done on tracking your binge and getting back on with it today.

in the past ive been a bit of a binger as well, i think the best bit of advise i got was to identify why you binge, ie- emotions, boredom, etc.

once you know why i think you can build up a solution to help prevent it.

that said an 18 PP binge isnt that bad and we're all going to have slip ups. i think the most important thing is that you havnt let it get to you x

Hey all,

Well after a good few days on track last night I had what I thought was a bit of a mini binge (binging is a problem for me). Then when I sat down and worked out the pp it only added up to 18 and had only used a few weeklies this week so it is more than covered but its the guilt that is driving me insane.

Think I've been dieting that long and switching between that many diets I've attached labels of 'good' and 'bad' to food. Yesterdays 'binge' started off with just a nice biscuit (1pp) but because I see biscuits as 'bad' and felt like I had broke my diet I then went on to consume the total of 18pp (mixture of foods).

After reading through some threads on here I've come to the realisation that this is what I need to address in order to stop the binging but how :s

I decided on ww because I like the flexibility of it and the fact that nothing is off limits but need to change this mindset.

On a more positive note I have not continued the binge today after calculating the pp and tracking it and instead have gone back to 'normal' eating. This is unheard of for me as usually they can go on for days. Got to take the small victories lol.

Good luck,
Dan x

Hey Dan, Well Done on your binge tracking, we are all human and have slip ups, the main thing is you haven't turned your bad day into a bad week. Keep us posted with your progress :) x

Well done on tracking what you ate, and not continuing the binge. If it fits in with your weeklies then don't feel guilty- try to forget about it.

I know feeling out of control is not nice, but next time you 'give in' and eat a biscuit- try to enjoy the biscuit and tell yourself you haven't blown anything! A 1pp biscuit is about 40 calories. You aren't going to gain any weight because of 40 calories. But if you continue to binge, you could very well STS or gain, whereas if you'd stopped at the biscuit you'd have been fine.

Do you know why you binge? It might help you to keep a food diary for a month or so. Write down everything you eat including the time and any emotional reasons/thoughts/anxieties and where you were when you ate. If you feel it's a binge then put a star next to it. Doing this, you might identify that you have a tendency to binge around 8pm sitting in front of the TV, or maybe about 3pm in the afternoon when you're feeling bored. Then you can put things into place to try and keep you occupied and not thinking about food.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice all :)

Managed a 1.5lb loss at weigh in so happy with that. Realised why I felt the need to binge, I was really down because it's coming up to totm (the joys of being a women). Now I just need to find ways of dealing with it without food. Thinking of increasing exercise around this time as it helps my mood generally when I'm down and takes my mind off it. Would appreciate any other suggestions on how you all deal with it though.

Thanks
Dan x

Congrats with the weight loss :) hopefully that's boosted your confidence!

Doing some exercise is a great way to distract yourself from cravings and make you feel good. I love walking outside with my ipod on, or if it's too hot/raining I do a Leslie Sansone walking video on youtube!

Thanks for the encouragement and advice all :)

Managed a 1.5lb loss at weigh in so happy with that. Realised why I felt the need to binge, I was really down because it's coming up to totm (the joys of being a women). Now I just need to find ways of dealing with it without food. Thinking of increasing exercise around this time as it helps my mood generally when I'm down and takes my mind off it. Would appreciate any other suggestions on how you all deal with it though.

Thanks
Dan x

Firstly and most importantly, Well Done on the 1.5lb loss, that's fabulous :) Could u take up a hobby to avert your binging? Maybe if your hands and mind are occupied, it will stop the urge? I agree with Sarah re exercise, I used to do Leslie every day, am meant to be doing 30DS at the moment but I've been a bit slack lol. X

Back