Mini Goals to Keep Going!

Slimandtoned

Hi everybody

Well, my journey is taking the scenic route in terms of weight loss but I am getting there and have had consistent losses the last month instead of continuous yo-yo-ing. Just in terms of ensuring continued success, I'm trying to focus on mini goals. I got my first silver seven last week and I was wondering when my 5% goal was so I just checked it on the WW website and I'm pleased to see I'm just 2lbs off it. So, I'm hoping to have that off either this week or next week.

I was thinking then I would look at getting my BMI within the Overweight section as being an achieved goal then... My BMI is currently 30.6 so I'm not a million miles away from it - another 4 lbs will do it. Then that will be just 3 lbs from my next silver seven - I'm thinking I want to celebrate each mini goal but I'm thinking it'll be a home made spa evening with a long soak and some DIY face/body treatments... It's cheap but still a treat cos it's not often that I devote time to doing these treatments even though I enjoy them! Life gets in the way!!

What about all of you? Do you find mini goals useful? What do you use to reward yourself for achieving them?

If I didn't have mini goals I'd have gone crazy! I used to put £1 in a moneybox for every 1lb I lost, when I got to gold (43lbs) I treated myself (I won't tell you how lol).

Now I'm treating myself at 4lb / 7lb / 10lb / 1st etc, with a trip to the shops to buy a new top (The part of me I know isn't going to get much smaller!), buy a new CD or I go to the cinema. Making it far more manageable.

I'm hoping to have lost 1st by this friday as the WW Get Gorgeous lounge thing is on at Lakeside and dammit, I want a treatment!

:eek:) Minigoals are the best. Its things also such as under next stone bracket too, as it breaks it all down into small chunks x

I think creating mini-goals this time was what helped me lose weight. Before I always focused on 'X lbs to lose' and never did lose them, I just gained.
When I officially joined WW this year at 156.5 lbs I created these goals (ones I have done I've put in bold) and I really think they've helped:

Get under 154 lbs
Silver 7 #1 (149.5 lbs)
Lose 5% (148.5 lbs)
Silver 7 #2 (142.5 lbs)
Lose 10% (140.5 lbs)
Goal Weight #1 (140 lbs)

Silver 7 #3 (135.5 lbs)
Goal Weight #2 (133 lbs)
Silver 7 #4 (128.5 lbs)
Goal Weight #3 (126 lbs)

I set myself 7lb goals. The one I am currently on seems to be taking forever but I'll get there. While I don't make a big deal of the 1/2 stone goals, I was on holiday in France when I reached 1 stone, I had a wine tasting weekend away when I reached 2 stone. Not sure what to do at 3 stone? Hoping that it will be in early July if not before.

Made me smile when I set a new target on the WW site a couple of weeks ago. I put in 12 stone. It set it as 11st 14lb. Obviously auto-generated but I suppose it's just their way of giving me a new number to aim at rather than still being in 12.

I've set myself really muni targets. Another pound off and it's my first silver seven. Three more pounds and it's 5%. four pounds and I break the stone barrier. Eight pounds and it's a stone and I'm back to the weight I was when I had my wedding dress fitted. I have a dress I want to look good in for mid July (I can get into it - but it's making me look about six months pregnant). I'm also treating myself for each pound off. So far I've had flowers, a new audio book and am owed a long bubble bath and new book. When I drop a stone I've made the OH promise to take me to Thorpe Park.

I love some of your ideas here for rewards - sounds like the mini goals are definitely the way to go!!! Thanks everyone for contributing!!

Mini goals keep me going!! :D

i get really focused on my mini-goals and they definitely keep me behaving. i plan to set 5 at a time. Ive been buying shoes or clothes as treats and may do something a bit more lavish when i achieve an entire block of 5 mini-goals. not sure how yet though :D

I broke my weightless down tonight into mini goals :) def seems more in reach than before. 1lb to first silver 7 and 3 to 5% def better than saying ohh 28lb to go!

I must think of some weightloss rewards next :)

Back