Mini_mog's sw weight loss diary

I need a massive kick up the bum! I'm sure that this is because I've not been to class for 2 weeks, but I'm really struggling to stay on track. Today was fine till I went shopping, decided to have pizza and garlic bread for tea, half a pizza and a garlic baguette (all of it!). I don't think that was too bad but I pushed it too far by having a load of Pringles and chocolates.

Evenings where I do this are becoming too regular and I'm going to be out of target if I'm not careful.

I must must must go to class on weds! I'm sure I'll be fine then.

I'm finding it hard with it being the festive season, every event involves food. Even things at work. Yummy Christmas treats everywhere to tempt me! Done well in that I've not bought a tin of Chocs this year!

I'm just finding it hard right now, but I also find going backwards upsetting. I need to stop eating wasteful syns in huge numbers.

Morning
Think everyone is struggling, your so right, temptation everywhere and it's always food. I've said to a few others that if we can all get through Xmas with a sts it will be great.
I'm out tonight for a Xmas meal, not going to syn it, just enjoy the occasion, and be 100% rest of week. I've had a few bad days, full off cold an eating far too many choc's and no exercise, but day 3 cold turkey for choc's today and definately feeling more in control, and back on track.
Enjoy your weekend xx

lynica said:
Morning
Think everyone is struggling, your so right, temptation everywhere and it's always food. I've said to a few others that if we can all get through Xmas with a sts it will be great.
I'm out tonight for a Xmas meal, not going to syn it, just enjoy the occasion, and be 100% rest of week. I've had a few bad days, full off cold an eating far too many choc's and no exercise, but day 3 cold turkey for choc's today and definately feeling more in control, and back on track.
Enjoy your weekend xx

I think I need to go cold turkey! Been eating far too many chocolately things!

Today is green

B- porridge (2xheb & 1 hea), banana, coffee. Doubled up on the porridge to get through the morning at work with no snacks. Still feeling ok so will have a very light lunch.

L- chicken savoury rice, Eton mess made with strawberry muller, lots of mixed berries & a meringue nest (2.5).

D- 2.5 cauldron sausages (1.5syns), BBQ beans, sw chips, 2 fried eggs.

Used my other healthy a on milk for tea. Mmm. I love tea:)

So 4 syns today. A good day. Let's keep it going! I'm going to class on wed whether I'm out of target or not. If I have to pay again- so be it! It'll be a deterrent from doing it again!!

Last edited:
Today is ee:)

B- porridge (hea & b) with mixed berries stirred through. Was a bit bitter with the redcurrents so I added a bit of sweetner.

L- risso gallo mushroom risotto, cup of coffee, bowl mixed berries and a meringue nest (2.5)

D- maggi so juicy sticky BBQ chicken (4 syns per portion), sw chips, veggies (broccoli, carrots, baby corn).

Syns today- 6.5

Edit- the maggi sticky BBQ so juicy is absolutely delicious! Nicest one in my opinion. The packet is 8.5 syns so that's 2 if you divide it between 4. Only 2 of us and it's too salty to give my little girl so I worked it out to be 4 each. We used the chicken version but I also saw one for ribs.

Edit edited;)- 1 thornton's continental capucchino choc- 3.5

Ooh and another thing. I went to university in hull and in every chippy and takeaway they have this stuff called chip spice. It's salty, a bit sweet, a bit garlicky and has a very very subtle kick. I adored it and had on chips every time I got them. You can only get in in east yorkshire. So today I discovered that schwarz season all is only the same stuff!! So I bought a giant 750g catering tub from costco. Didn't buy anything else exciting- cat litter, 1100 tea bags, dishcloths and cleaning stuff.

And my other discovery- to make perfect sw chips without a actifry/air fryer or chip mesh- cook them on a pizza tray (with holes in) best ones ive made yet. 200c for 45 mins.

Syns- 10

Last edited:
Not decided what today is. Probably green but possibly ee. Tonight I'm planning on sitting down and finishing the cards off. Still not bought our parent's ones but I've got a whole 2 weeks to get that done so no worries.

B- porridge, banana, glass water (hea & b)

Break- 2 clementines

L- uncle ben's s&s rice time, 2 clementines, apple. Mullerlight.

D- pasta with orange & yellow peppers, mushrooms, peas, red pesto (2.5), hea cheese.

Supper hickory smoked nuts & seeds (10 syns -6 for heb= 4

Thornton's choc x 2=7

Total= 13.5:)

Last edited:
Green again. Trying to eat cheap meals to keep costs down next 2 weeks, hence all the green!

B- the usual

Break- 2 clementines

L- last night's pasta (2.5), 2 clementines, muller

D- pitta bread pizza with mushrooms (hea & b & 1 syn), sw chips, peas.

Feel like I'm back on it now. Not been too hard and feel like I've shifted some of my gained weight. Hoping for a nice maintain tomorrow!

Supper- cup of tea, graze banana milkshake ( banana coins, dried strawberries & giant white buttons)- 7 syns

Thornton's choc-3.5

Total-14 syns:)

Last edited:
That milkshake sounds very very decadent!!!!!!! :D MMM

Popping in to say hi and get you and your maintaining and the getting back on track promptly!!! ;)

Shrimpy said:
That milkshake sounds very very decadent!!!!!!! :D MMM

Popping in to say hi and get you and your maintaining and the getting back on track promptly!!! ;)

Thanks shrimpy:) Im determined to stay like this and not go back. As long as I feel like that I'll be fine:)

Im really enjoying the little graze punnets, they make nice snacks with a cup of tea:)

Back to group tomorrow for an official weigh in:) also I believe new mag is out so hubby will be pleased to try out new recipes:)

Cool. Oooh I hope theres a new mag! I need some scan bran and hifis too! I love group night! Even if I'm terrified I've gained!

Shrimpy said:
Cool. Oooh I hope theres a new mag! I need some scan bran and hifis too! I love group night! Even if I'm terrified I've gained!

I really like group too. It's a party night next week, always come away with ideas from those.

Ooh, I might make some scan bran Christmas cake!

Green again. Not sure whether to go to wi tonight, have gained nearly 1lb overnight & I'm no longer confident I'll be in target and I'll def have gained by next week. Argh! What to do???

Anyway

B- the usual (hea & b)

Break- graze fruity ploughman's punnet (4.5), clementine

L- mug shot, 2 clementines, apple, mullerlight

D- quick pasta bake (1.5 & hea)

Snacks- fibre plus (heb)

Well, I maintained:) so happy with that. Woohoo! Got home & hubby had given the pasta I was going to have for tea to our little girl for lunch so no tea! Ended up weighing at home & going to the Chinese buffet. Maintained. I'm 2lb above target at the moment. Let's hope that by being saintly on the days I can that I'll have a good result next week. A maintain please!

Well done for the maintain!!!!!!!! :)

*fingers crossed for next week for you!*

Having a bit of a worry now. After last nights Chinese I've put on just under 3lb. I'm having a lunchtime meeting at work tomorrow. Lunch out and wedding reception sat. Weigh in is wed so have 4 days on plan. I'm so scared of gaining a large amount of weight back. Probably being silly but just needed to have an outburst!

I know that I have to enjoy life and not worry like this. It's just having so many events in a short space of time. It's stressing me out:( ;(

Don't stress, stress makes you retain water! Just eat sensibly when you can. Chinese is soooo salty it will bloat you, but that's not real gain. Just trust the plan and do your best when you can. It's for life now. :)

Shrimpy said:
Don't stress, stress makes you retain water! Just eat sensibly when you can. Chinese is soooo salty it will bloat you, but that's not real gain. Just trust the plan and do your best when you can. It's for life now. :)

Thank you:) I needed that:) helps that someone else understands. I don't know anyone in 'real life' who has got to the maintaining stage.

The Chinese was salty, I was desperate for water when I woke up this morning.

I'm staying on plan for every meal that I can. It's only Saturday (all day) and Friday lunchtime. As long as I can lose the weight I've gained in a couple of weeks I'll be happy.

It'll be fine. :) We can do it!!! :D

I'n here if you need me!

Shrimpy said:
It'll be fine. :) We can do it!!! :D

I'n here if you need me!

Thank you:)

We will be fine:) I have an absolute fear of going back to being overweight and feeling like I did. Looking back I was so sad and unhappy. I think as long as I remember how much I don't want to go back there ill be ok:) x

And for the food! Green today:)

B- usual (hea & b)

Break- 2 clementines

L- mug shot, apple, 2 clementines, mullerlight

D- pitta pizza (hea, b & 0.5 syns), baked potato, beans

Supper- 2 thornton's Chocs (7), graze fig roll punnet (5.5 syns- cinnamon raisins, sponge pieces & fig and sesame balls) yum!

13 syns:)

I'm green today too! :)

Back