Cruise PV MiniBean's Dukan Diary

Thanks Maintainer & Lorlypop! :)

Cruise - PV Day (13.1.14)

Today marks 2 weeks of Dukan! Hurrah! Know I've got ages to go, but so far, so good! This diary & reading all of the posts on Minimins definitely helps - the support is brill.

Anyway, back to today - today's been a good day. Feeling perky!

Breakfast: Dukan muffins & a skinny latte

Lunch: smoked mackerel salad

Early afternoon: crab sticks

Late afternoon: smoked mackerel fillet

Dinner: chicken in a tomato sauce, broccoli & butternut squash. Yum!

oooh that dinner does sound nice. I've not yet had a proper veg meal (with my Sat evening off, I had salad at lunchtime, and salad twice last week, but haven't actually got round to doing any veg). Hot food is nicer though in this weather so I'll be sure to have some this weekend...

It's true that the support here is invaluable.
x

I definitely agree Maintainer - hot food in this weather is just delicious! Today's PP day has been sadly lacking in warm comfort though, I must say!

Cruise - PP Day (14.1.14)

Today's PP day has been a bit dull. I'm going to make an effort to be a bit more adventurous on PP days from now on! I am, however, a little bit in love with Dukan muffins...Those delicious, nibbly, yogurty muffins are rocking my socks at breakfast at the minute, although I must say I do get some rather strange looks when I pull them out to eat on the tube!

Breakfast: Iced latte & Dukan muffins

Late morning snack: Sliced chicken breast

Lunch: Smoked salmons and poached eggs (poshing it up today!)

Dinner: Chicken drumsticks

I eat my muffins anywhere! I figure people are simply jealous (thinking it's a sweet snack) when they look at me... :D
I'm going to make a casserole type dish at the weekend. Leanish beef, and will skim any fat off, cooked for ages with an onion and carrot... hot comfort food! lovely!
(I presume your latte is a skinny one and not one served in a bucket a la Costa cafe!)

I tend to make my lattes at home - that way I know exactly what's in them. When I do buy them from costa, I just go for a skinny small one & figure as I don't really have much other dairy, it'll do.

Hi mini :) I used to have a small skinny latte from caffe neros as my Monday morning treat before work as Mondays are always awful, on the other days I would have a Starbucks black coffee and skimmed milk (sometimes I did just cave in and have skinny lattes though!) xxx

Cruise - PV day (15.1.14)

Today has NOT gone to plan!

I was on a course today, which was hosted at my usual workplace, but where I was the only person attending from my work (still following?). The course was great... But the food - oh the food! Not realising it was a full blown 'heads together for ideas during lunch' type thing, I'd assumed I'd be eating lunch like normal. Instead, it was a fully catered Turkish feast.

Whoops. I didn't go mad, but it's safe to say I'd be shaming the good name of all you amazing Dukaners if I even attempted to pass this off as a PV day. I've not exactly jumped back on the wagon with enthusiasm...

Back on it & in the zone tomorrow!!! Or please give me a kick up the bum!

Breakfast: Dukan muffins & iced latte.

Lunch: Turkish buffet food - salad (lots), minced lamb kebab (maybe a thumb sized bit?), 1 falafel & a spoonful each of hummus, taramasalata & cacik (tzatsiki (sp?) style dip). 1 chocolate biscuit.

Dinner (not eaten yet... Mr Mini is busy creating): Prawn stir fry & shirataki noodles. Oh, and maybe a glass of wine (while I'm being honest).

PS - In news besides my flagrant cheating, I was able to wear jeans today which I haven't worn since October. Feels great! Using that feeling as a motivator to put today behind me & plough on tomorrow!

I'd say that's pretty damn restrained, in the light of a gorgeous Turkish feast (my fave!!) and at least you are having a Dukan dinner (albeit with a bit of vino) - it hasn't been a write off! Loading up on salad was a good shout, and if in doubt always veer towards a higher-fat Atkins type approach if "naughties" are unavoidable...

Ha Lorlypop! I just typed pretty much the same thing re Atkins in my thread. So a new day today, Mini Bean, and I will be cracking the whip! Sometimes what I do when there's an unavoidable event like that is eat beforehand! At least that way, I can feign illness/disinterest/non hunger with ease...

Re the lattes - I remember once a new person on the forum saying she wasn't losing on the diet. We asked that she post her menus and all seemed fine, so she continued... and wasn't losing... then one day, I forget why, someone asked which latte she ordered. It was the humungous bucket size one which contained I forget now but a TONNE of milk! No one had thought to ask before...

Thanks lorlypop & maintainer! I'm sitting here with my Dukan muffins by my side (well, and in my mouth) as I type. Back on the wagon!

That's really useful to know re:lattes. Am going to try going over to americanos to see how that goes.

Keep thinking thin people!

Hey MiniBean

I've enjoyed reading your diary - your food sounds yummy!

About the coffee - my two cents - think everyone is different and you need to listen to your body to see if the latte is killing weight loss.

In the past 5 months of being of Dukan, I have had a Medium Costs Skinny Cappucinno with an extra shot every single workday. I tried kicking the habit, to save on the cash nothing else, but didnt stick. Figured the one indulgence wasnt gonna hurt :p.

There have been days (like yesterday) I had two coffees, but this still hasnt affected my loss.

Thinking thin, thinking thin :)

Thanks for the two cents Bonkers! I do really enjoy milk based drinks - my Dad was a milkman when I was a child & was super fanatical about calcium, and I suppose I've never broken the habit. To me, there's something immensely comforting (and filling!) about milk.

But today I have been coffee-less... Only due to the MASSIVE queue in Costa this morning though, I will admit! I was planning on trying an americano before admitting defeat & just trudging on to work.

I'm with you there mini, I can happily drink 2-3 pints of milk everyday (when I'm not on Dukan of course!) xx

Cruise - PP Day (16.1.14)

Back on the wagon! Huzzah! Have felt good about PP today, and actually felt surprisingly good given my cheating yesterday.

Have another semi-cheat coming up tomorrow, but fortunately, it's a meal at a bbq restaurant - so I can have lots of protein and diet coke, but will have to cope with some sauces. The food there really is exceptional, so can't wait!

Breakfast: Dukan muffins

Lunch: Smoked salmon and one scrambled egg

Dinner: Steak cooked in garlic and chilli. Thinking of having yogurt or cocoa as a dessert. Nom!

Water: Lots

A BBQ restaurant sounds perfect...
I remember drinking fresh milk from the bottle way back when... ah those were the days. It's not the same in a carton! I only buy long life skimmed too as I used to throw too much fresh milk away. I am intrigued though when in the UK, and I do buy fresh skimmed milk as you can get pints rather than litres, as to how the sell by dates of fresh milk are now sooooo far off. (ie what the heck do they do to it!!).
Milk is fine. The original French diet allowed 250ml skimmed per day. If you lose weight having more, why not. It's all trial and error for each individual person of course
:d

Hey lovelies,

How's it all going? Apologies for going AWOL over the last few days - Friday was insanely crazy at work, then went straight out for drinks and dinner, then yesterday was filled with house hunting and feeling rather under the weather (sore throat... boo).

The Dukan-ing has been okay-ish over the last few days. Friday didn't go 100% to plan, but still felt good, and yesterday was a spot on PP day. Today's been pretty brill. Decided not to weigh myself this weekend, but am going to hold off til midweek instead.

Cruise - PV day (19.1.14)

Breakfast: Cottage cheese, lean sliced ham (needs must, hubby bought it!) and a small glass of skimmed milk.

Lunch: Chicken stir fry.

Snack: Dukan brownies (OMG - these were amazing. Need to tweak the recipe a touch more, then will post it - but they've got some roasted butternut squash in them to keep them moist, and they are phenomenal!)

Dinner: Dukan beef stroganoff, cauliflower and mashed butternut squash.

Can't wait fir that recipe xxx

Back