Minilady back again!

Day 7

Weigh in tomorrow, think I've lost about 8lb, so will be really pleased if my counselor's scales show the same (my scales can be a bit dodgy).

Feeling a lot better, got quite a bit of energy now and only getting a few periods when I could binge for England, on the whole everything going to plan:)

I remember first time round, continually dreaming about food, once again this is happening:( I woke up last night in a sheer panic as I thought I'd eaten a kebab:eek: It took several seconds to calm myself and realise it was just a dream. Strange thing, I hate kebab:confused: Still last time main foods eaten in dreams were chips and brussel sprouts:D

Tracey
x

That made me chuckle out loud here! My husband is Turkish, so eating Kebab is definitely the reason I took on the post baby barrel shape, well, not the only reason, but I like to blame him and his fabulous calorie laden food that he cooks to perfection :)

I dont so much have the mad dreams, but I do get monsterous urges, they start off just idle chit chat in my noggin, and end up full blown demands and my inner beast dominates me into demolishing whole boxes of marshmallow mountains or whatever.

I am just dealing with these crazy inner urges through some serious self talk, it's a daily battle but for the most part I am carb free, which is the main thing :)

Fantastic weigh in by the way - KUDOS :)

Hi Tracey

This is my first VLCD and I found your diary really good to read. Im on Day 2 and so far so good so fingers crossed. Best of luck with you weigh in tomorrow. :D Hope the dreams calm down :)

Jan xxxx

Hi Jan

Very best of luck with the diet, first week can be tough, but that first weigh in makes it all worth while:) After that it does get easier.

Strange thing about the dream is I dont remember anything else:confused: just the kebab juice running down my face:eek:

That made me chuckle out loud here! My husband is Turkish, so eating Kebab is definitely the reason I took on the post baby barrel shape, well, not the only reason, but I like to blame him and his fabulous calorie laden food that he cooks to perfection :)

I dont so much have the mad dreams, but I do get monsterous urges, they start off just idle chit chat in my noggin, and end up full blown demands and my inner beast dominates me into demolishing whole boxes of marshmallow mountains or whatever.

I definately know about those cravings:sigh: After I lost the weight the first time I hoped I'd find a solution to my binge eating. I read through scores of books on the subject which helped me to know that I wasnt the only person in the world with the problem, and I even managed to sort out why I have these urges. However problem still not solved:(

I am just dealing with these crazy inner urges through some serious self talk, it's a daily battle but for the most part I am carb free, which is the main thing :)

That's great, that will be your key to keeping the weight off:)

Fantastic weigh in by the way - KUDOS :)

Thanks ladies for popping by :D

Tracey

Just been to jive classes, think I did a little too much as I felt a bit faint at the end, was dancing with hubby to a fantastic Carmen Ghia track, he span me a bit vigorously and I nearly ended up in the music system:eek:

Got a rock n roll night next Friday, hopefully have a bit more stamina for that, actually thinking about it I might not have had enough water.

Tracey
x

Hi Tracey well done on the weigh in thats fantastic :D My first way in is on Monday so Im looking forward to it. Day three was ok, and from reading yours day 4 can be iffy so hopefully Ill plough through it. Looking forward to Sunday day six because have been told that if I get through the first five days easily enough Ill be ok. The shakes are so good though, didnt expect them to be as filling.

Keep the entries coming, theyre spurring us all on :) x

Thanks Jan:)

Day 4 was difficult for me, but not all. If you find it a bit tough, you'll feel great tomorrow knowing you got through it :D

By day 6 you will definately be in a strong ketosis and yes its so much easier after that (was looking for a sigh of relief emicon but couldnt find one:D)

Thanks for your support, it's much appreciated.

Tracey
x

Really enjoying reading your thread. Gave me a few laughs. Good luck with your restart. x

Nearing the end of day 10 (great big sigh of relief here!)

Wow last couple of days have been hard:( Not sure why:confused: I got up yesterday feeling great, so decided to paint the kitchen bright red (as you do :cool:) Shot up B@Q for the neccesseries and away I went, first coat on by 11.00am:D

Kids then decided to harrass me to make marmite and cheese rolls, which they'd seen a recipe for in the Morrisons magazine (Damn Morrisons) So popped out again and got yeast. Rolls made it was time for me to go to work.

Started work at 2.00pm still feeling great. Teatime at work the residents (I work in a home for disabled adults) had pate on toast:eek: OMG did that make me hungry! I then had to stay on and work a sleep night. I was so hungry, I looked in the fridge several times, then shut it, then opened it again. Eventually at 10.00pm ish I ate a slice of pickled beetroot:eek:

I HATE beetroot, but was the only thing in there low in cals! My friend who was working the wake night came into the kitchen and caught me, she now thinks I'm absolutely mad eating something I find disgusting, just to have something in my mouth:eek:

Woke up this morning and worked from 7.30am til 2.00pm, didnt feel too bad at work, came home put 2nd coat of paint on walls, walked the dogs, fed hubby and kids, had a bath and am now in bed, because once again I'm hungry:mad:

I dont understand what's happening, this is not at all like last time:confused: Maybe it's because I dont have so much weight to lose, I'm not sure, but I'm not liking it.

So had one cheat, a slice of beetroot:yuk:

Tracey
x

lol Tracey your hilarious. a slice of beetroot as your cheat? Im sure the effects that cheat has wont be too dramatic!!!! :p x

maybe it it because youve less weight to lose. but youre doing great i mean painting and cooking marmite and cheese rolls (which sound devine btw) and not eating them? fairplay!!!

keep the posts coming. loving them :) x

Nearing the end of day 10 (great big sigh of relief here!)

Wow last couple of days have been hard:( Not sure why:confused: I got up yesterday feeling great, so decided to paint the kitchen bright red (as you do :cool:) Shot up B@Q for the neccesseries and away I went, first coat on by 11.00am:D

Kids then decided to harrass me to make marmite and cheese rolls, which they'd seen a recipe for in the Morrisons magazine (Damn Morrisons) So popped out again and got yeast. Rolls made it was time for me to go to work.

Started work at 2.00pm still feeling great. Teatime at work the residents (I work in a home for disabled adults) had pate on toast:eek: OMG did that make me hungry! I then had to stay on and work a sleep night. I was so hungry, I looked in the fridge several times, then shut it, then opened it again. Eventually at 10.00pm ish I ate a slice of pickled beetroot:eek:

I HATE beetroot, but was the only thing in there low in cals! My friend who was working the wake night came into the kitchen and caught me, she now thinks I'm absolutely mad eating something I find disgusting, just to have something in my mouth:eek:

Woke up this morning and worked from 7.30am til 2.00pm, didnt feel too bad at work, came home put 2nd coat of paint on walls, walked the dogs, fed hubby and kids, had a bath and am now in bed, because once again I'm hungry:mad:

I dont understand what's happening, this is not at all like last time:confused: Maybe it's because I dont have so much weight to lose, I'm not sure, but I'm not liking it.

So had one cheat, a slice of beetroot:yuk:

Tracey
x

Oh Tracey,

If you go back to about day 7 for me, you will see that I too did/do the cupboard shuffle.

You know what it is, it's the locus of control. That means, what is it that is motivating you?

When you do CD for the first time, it is soooo easy, you focus, you stay on plan, you see the weight fall off faster than any other diet and the closer you get to goal, the longer on the plan you are, you start to realise...you can do little things and it doesnt have much of an impact. By little things I mean...nibbling.

Now second time, it's so tough even with Ketosis, because your brain already knows the maths, you can eat something and make up for it by weigh in, or some other similar line that we all tell ourselves from time to time.

Also What you think is hunger, is probably some other physical feeling, maybe tiredness or boredom, rebelion, feeling like you are too restricted? Could be anything! Usually food is linked, often inexplicably with all of the above!

Hope you have a better day today and no more beetroot punishment

lol Tracey your hilarious. a slice of beetroot as your cheat? Im sure the effects that cheat has wont be too dramatic!!!! :p x

maybe it it because youve less weight to lose. but youre doing great i mean painting and cooking marmite and cheese rolls (which sound devine btw) and not eating them? fairplay!!!

keep the posts coming. loving them :) x

Thanks :) I'm just a little disturbed that I can now see why air crash victims eat each other:eek:

As for those marmite rolls, they did look good, luckily as soon as they were out the oven, I was out the door for work:)

Tracey
x

Oh Tracey,

If you go back to about day 7 for me, you will see that I too did/do the cupboard shuffle.

You know what it is, it's the locus of control. That means, what is it that is motivating you?

When you do CD for the first time, it is soooo easy, you focus, you stay on plan, you see the weight fall off faster than any other diet and the closer you get to goal, the longer on the plan you are, you start to realise...you can do little things and it doesnt have much of an impact. By little things I mean...nibbling.

Now second time, it's so tough even with Ketosis, because your brain already knows the maths, you can eat something and make up for it by weigh in, or some other similar line that we all tell ourselves from time to time.

Also What you think is hunger, is probably some other physical feeling, maybe tiredness or boredom, rebelion, feeling like you are too restricted? Could be anything! Usually food is linked, often inexplicably with all of the above!

Hope you have a better day today and no more beetroot punishment

Thanks for that, I have always from childhood used food for all my emotions:( Definately going to stay on track, no more nibbling, and although I know a slice of beetroot wont hurt physically, mentally it shows what I already know, that I still havent mastered the self control I need to stay at goal weight:eek:

Still onwards and upwards, today is going to be great (for both of us:D)

Tracey
x

Feeling better today, the beetroot incident is firmly in the past:)

Kitchen is nearing completion and looking great, very 1950's kitch thing going on. Planning a revamp in the living room soon.

Oooh must mention, hubby and I are planning to turn our garage into a tiki bar and games room. Cant actually physically do anything yet as there is a huge 1947 Ford car stuck in the middle of it at the mo, but thats been sold and hopefully will be collected shortly. I have been searching charity shops and vintage shops for bits and pieces to put in it tho and the other other day found a fantastic little side table covered in Beano strips:cool::D

Breath situation = absolutely stinks!!!

Tracey
x

Would love to see photos of your kitchen. One day we might move out of this teeny little rented hovel and have somewhere we can do up.

Thanks for that, I have always from childhood used food for all my emotions:( Definately going to stay on track, no more nibbling, and although I know a slice of beetroot wont hurt physically, mentally it shows what I already know, that I still havent mastered the self control I need to stay at goal weight:eek:

Still onwards and upwards, today is going to be great (for both of us:D)

Tracey
x

Hi Tracey I disagree hun, you chose to eat a piece of beetroot which ya know it very healthy despite you not liking it :) but the fact is you chose something that wont really effect your weightloss over foods that would, like the marmite rolls or any other food that was around you. if anything I think the fact that you picked on something like beetroot, just shows how far youve come with self control.

my own breath aint too hectic and ive a horrible situation in my mouth, i am looking forward to step two already :)

hope the kitchen going well, that kitchen sounds fantastic.

well done. heres to monday and a new week! :) xxx

Would love to see photos of your kitchen. One day we might move out of this teeny little rented hovel and have somewhere we can do up.

Cupboard doors still in progress:sigh: When complete will upload some pics:)

Hi Tracey I disagree hun, you chose to eat a piece of beetroot which ya know it very healthy despite you not liking it :) but the fact is you chose something that wont really effect your weightloss over foods that would, like the marmite rolls or any other food that was around you. if anything I think the fact that you picked on something like beetroot, just shows how far youve come with self control.

my own breath aint too hectic and ive a horrible situation in my mouth, i am looking forward to step two already :)

hope the kitchen going well, that kitchen sounds fantastic.

well done. heres to monday and a new week! :) xxx

Yes hadnt thought of it like that, thanks:D

I know the breath situation is not good, I hate that metallic taste. However been quite an advantage as its keeping hubby away:cool:

Tracey
x

Back