Minimins CD 2008 - sign in thread

Hello!

Hi,
My name is Sarah and I am 27. Ive always been chubby, but having gone from a size 26 to a size 18 (after relationship breakup/moving back in parents and getting a dog), I have since regained plus a little bit more! I have about 9 stone to get me to my ideal BMI, but I will be happy with whatever I can manage. Id be happy to be a comfortable size 14, so Im not really working on how much weight/what BMI I should be, just will go on to maintainence when I feel more comfy!

I started the CD SS 6 days ago, weigh in tomorrow! :eek: Ive done well and stuck to it so I'm hoping the results are favourable!!

I found the first day I was hungry, second day just missed eating, day 3 & 4 were fine, but yesterday and today I have felt a little lethargic and under the weather. Im hoping this is down to not drinking enough (although I *think* I have done but will monitor more closely from now on).

I look at this site most evenings whilst my OH cooks and has his tea! It keeps me from getting tempted by the smells and sight of nice foodies! Its very inspirational and nice that everyone looks after each other! Good luck to everyone!
xx

Hello, I have hopped over here from Mumsnet (where this site is highly praised) and am hoping to find others to share this soup journey with. I am a working mum and fortunately my hubby has also started dieting with me as well, so the fridge is well and truly bare.

We have been on the diet for 2 weeks and it has gone very well already so we are converts. Hope to see this through until I hit those size 10 clothes that I put away when I had my first child.... perhaps a trite optimistic because I started a size 20 but hey, you gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?

<wanders off, whistling>

Hi All,

My name is Kima and this is my second attempt at CD.
This is Day 3 and Im optimistic that I will see it through.....I started CD in August 2007 at 16st 3lbs and managed to get down to 15st 1lbs in 3weeks and then it went quite pear shaped.....and I switched to WW to see if I could handle that a bit better and managed to not put on any weight and have started CD again at 14st 6lbs. I realised that I can focus and commit myself to weight lost but I have a very volatile relationship with food (I can either go cold turkey and do without or I want to eat everything in sight) and considering I dont really have a sweet tooth that means cards galore...bredd is my vice. I need results asap so need to start my journey again and re-educate myself to not let food control me.

Im hoping to keep reading all you motivational stories as I want to make it down to approx. 12st 7lbs...wish me luck:wave_cry:

Hi Im Natalie im 23 years old from Cardiff. Currently im 14.5 stone and the heaviest ive ever been. Going to Florida in April and would like to lost 2 stone by then to make me feel a bit better. Have attempted the Cambridge previously but failed after 1st week - lost 9lbs though! Second time lucky!

Cambridge Dieter

hi everyone,
I am a returner and am starting again on Monday.
Good luck everyone!
xxx

Hiya Im Jus.
I am coming to the last day of day 1 on SSCD!! scary but feeling excited after reading all the inspirational threads on here.

Myself and my mum who lives with me are doing it togehter so have an extra bit of support.

I'm 36 and have a sugnificant amount to lose, having had a scare at my weigh in last week at 21stone thinking i was about 19 :( Never mind I'm doing something about it arn't I! I have 10+ stone to lose being 5ft5.

I have felt so ill over recent weeks with sore knees and hidious amount of pain in my back but hope just getting me started this will get better.

Mum is 54, 17 stone and the same height so has about 7 to lose.
We will come back regularly for a bit of support

Were off now to take our before pics! i'l show u them in a few weeks when i have something to compare tem to.

Speak to you all soon

Jus x

New to C.D.

On day 4 of C.D. sometimes feel dizzy, hate drinking all that water! Evenings are the worst time, all those ads for food on the telly.

Hiya, restarted CD 2 weeks ago after a long eat-what-I-like xmas break. I had successfully lost 3.5 stones but now have 2.5 stones to lose. I have a daughter and want to have a healthy BMI before having a second child.
I have unshakeable faith in the diet, it's just me that fails. Still, I know it works so will continue. I hate being cold so didn't re-start in January as it would have set me up to fail. So, I have a lovely CDC who has her own ups and downs with food, she is down to earth and I can tell her anything. I see her fortnightly and come away so motivated, like I'm doing the diet for her too.
I love the forum but sometimes just pop in for a read rather than to post. I fully understand how many posters feel with the frustrations of the diet and love to celebrate small successes too.
Add me to your friends:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=702866603

Hi everyone,

I'm Sarah, I'm a first year student midwife. I went to see a CDC today and I start SS tomorrow! I lost 4 stone at rosemary conley clubs last year but spectacularly fell off the wagon before christmas and have put over two stone back on, I weighed in at 17st 13lbs today...eek! My fiancee James is starting CD with me so we can help eachother through.
So tomorrows the start day...looking foward to it, but not to the bad breath which I've been warned about :giggle: haha.

My facebook is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=532464020
MSN: [email protected]

xxx

Hi, I'm Moxi. Into my second week on the 1,000 calories a day step 3 programme and feeling quite good. My counsellor said Sole Source or anything under 1,000 cals wasn't appropriate as I have 'only' two stone twelve to lose and lead a very active life with loads of exercise. One lapse involving apple crumble in the first week but still a weight loss of 5lbs!

Hey all!

I'm on my first day today....

I'm 5'3 and weigh 11st 10lbs. I want to get down to about 9 stone, in the next few months!

Started off about 17stone thanks to uni... wow have you seen how many calories are in a blue wkd!?!?! :eek: But I've been hitting the gym and doing weight watchers for the past year and lost the weight. I need a good blast to finish it off and thought Cambridge would be the way to do it!

Good Luck all of you... and wish me luck... as I like to eat!!!

On day 4 of C.D. sometimes feel dizzy, hate drinking all that water! Evenings are the worst time, all those ads for food on the telly.

There is no need to watch the TV ADS this is a time when you can top up your glass of water/go to the loo/offer to make some tea or coffee for anyone/ etc etc. DO NOT SIT THROUGH THEM it is not helping your cause.
Try warming the water occasionally too/adding a sweetener to it/use a cambridge flavouring but very little/ - just think out of the box a little to make the early days a little easier.
The dizziness will stop when you are in ketosis as will the carbohydrate withdrawal headaches and you will find you do have energy and all will happen more quickly if you stay properly hydrated.
There is a great post by ICEMOOSE (its a sticky at the beginning of the CD forum) The importance of drinking the water. Read it and re-read it when you fall behind with your daily intake.
I have been a victim of inadequate water consumption because for me I have never drunk much of anything and it is really hard work to change from the past; but it is essential to making good progress and being happy on the diet and making the changes for the benefit of the future.

just thought i would drop in and say hello,my names joanne i am a mum to 3 kids,i will be 40 this year and i am deterimined not to be fat and 40 :cry: my sister helen has been on the cabridge diet now for a few weeks and has losts lots of weight(well done sis :happy096:)so i have been spurred on by her success,and finally took the plunge to try the diet for myself. i started last week by cutting down on the carbs with a couple of the soups/shakes a day,my start weight was 16 stone 10lb,i went to be weighed on monday evening and had lost 4lb :) i have been on sole source since tuesday and have been finding it ok so far, dont mind drinking lots of water, i think its helping me to feel full, dont really feel hungry yet, but its early days

Hello, thought I had better post on here (am trying to get to 50 also!).

I'm Sarah, i'm 28, 5ft 4 and weigh 15st 5lbs and am a size 20. I've decided that I don't want to be fat anymore, and with a couple of events (holiday to Egypt end of May and family wedding beginning of July) coming up I have reason to lose weight, and this time I will do it! I don't want to be fat anymore, I want to be happy with the way I look and be able to wear nice clothes without having my huge belly flab rolls hanging over my jeans!

I've just got off the phone to my new CDC and am going to see her next Wednesday night (she said she's had 8 enquiries since Sunday, so business must be booming!).

I'm really looking forward to getting started, so will be upping my water intake for the next week to get prepared!

I'm aiming to lose about 5.5 stone, but will re-evaluate when I get going.

Nice to be here, everyone seems very friendly!

S xx

just thought i would drop in and say hello,my names joanne i am a mum to 3 kids,i will be 40 this year and i am deterimined not to be fat and 40 :cry: my sister helen has been on the cabridge diet now for a few weeks and has losts lots of weight(well done sis :happy096:)so i have been spurred on by her success,and finally took the plunge to try the diet for myself. i started last week by cutting down on the carbs with a couple of the soups/shakes a day,my start weight was 16 stone 10lb,i went to be weighed on monday evening and had lost 4lb :) i have been on sole source since tuesday and have been finding it ok so far, dont mind drinking lots of water, i think its helping me to feel full, dont really feel hungry yet, but its early days

Welcome to the board sis :D, your'e doing fab!! Get posting on the boards.

Helenx

Hey everyone, first day of CD for me! Feeling a bit headache-y already - which I'm surprised at, as I often wouldn't have breakfast till about 10am. Maybe it's just all in my imagination.

Feeling very apprehensive - I hope I can do this!

Hey everyone, first day of CD for me! Feeling a bit headache-y already - which I'm surprised at, as I often wouldn't have breakfast till about 10am. Maybe it's just all in my imagination.

Feeling very apprehensive - I hope I can do this!

:welcome:

Hi amanders,

Welcome and good luck with your CD journey.

Make sure you are drinking enough water and take it easy for the first few days.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Love Mini xxx

Hi everyone,

I'm Sarah, I'm a first year student midwife. I went to see a CDC today and I start SS tomorrow! I lost 4 stone at rosemary conley clubs last year but spectacularly fell off the wagon before christmas and have put over two stone back on, I weighed in at 17st 13lbs today...eek! My fiancee James is starting CD with me so we can help eachother through.
So tomorrows the start day...looking foward to it, but not to the bad breath which I've been warned about :giggle: haha.

My facebook is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=532464020
MSN: [email protected]

xxx

Hi Sarah

Your story sounds V similar to mine. Even down to the fiancee James :)

Hope you dont mind, have added you on facebook!

Hope day 1 is going ok!

Maz

Hi everone l'm cheryl starting on monday got quite alot to lose,about 6 stone. Getting nervous as l know its going to be hard.
Got two girls 8 and 12 and just booked us a family hol to cuba in nov so that is my goal.:)

Hi everyone,

I'm Wannabslim a.k.a. Nikki! I am 22 years old, doing a Masters degree in Social Work but am currently on full-time placement so am living a normal working life right now. I'm on day 3 of CD, and am SSing.

For my full weightloss story I will post this on my Diary in Members Only Diaries, as it is quite long and don't want to bore you!!

I live with my boyfriend Mike, who I have been with for over 3 years. He is currently saving for my engagment ring and we hope to get married next summer, so I have the added incentive for losing weight which is that I want to look beautiful when I walk down that aisle!!

Planning on SSing for about 6 weeks which will take me to a healthy BMI, and then go back to calorie counting or Weight Watchers to hopefully bring my weight down the last little bit until I am happy with my shape, as I have been using these tools since January and lost nearly a stone so I know I can do it!

xxx

Back