Minimins CD 2008 - sign in thread

Hello all. My name's Jules. I'm 5'3" and started a prep week last Monday weighing 12st1lb, BMI 30.7. I'll be 51 in April. I'm due to start SS tomorrow and am VERY apprehensive given how hungry I've been this week (and that's having an evening meal of chicken or fish with LOADS of green veg!). I joined CD after reading an iBlog by a guy called Mike and because NONE of my clothes fit me, I've lost all my confidence and I'm due to go on a beach holiday this summer! Not looking like this I'm not - the last time I went on a holiday abroad I just didn't enjoy it because of my weight. I feel that CD will help me re-assess my thoughts about food and what it's for - nutrition, NOT company, sympathy or reward! I'm so very pleased I found this site and all you wonderful people! Jules

Hi Jules,
I'm starting CD tomorrow too. I'm Charleen aged 33 and I'm currently weighing in at 14 stone 6 pounds!! This is the heaviest I've ever been. I did try in January but wasn't 100% into it so I failed. This time i really want to get my head down and do this diet properly.
Last time I found it difficult in the evenings when I could smell my fella cooking the evening meal for him and our son. It was torture for me!!
But this time I have found an evening job so I won't have the temptation. Good luck for tomorrow and who ever else is gonna give it a go!!
CharX

Thanks for the replies Char and Becky. Good luck tomorrow Char, I'll be thinking about you! I'm seriously considering having a last blow out tonight - this is definitely a case of angels and demons with me right in the middle! lol I think I'll get out the video of me on holiday - THAT should kill my appetite!!!! Jules x

Well, I am having a major blow out tonight! Got to be done as I'm gonna be living on shakes for the next few months, so I think I deserve a slap-up Indian take-away tonight. Then at least I've got it out of my system. Might even have a bottle of wine too, may as well go the whole hog! (this attitude to food is why im having to diet)
will let you know how I find tomorrow and the start of a whole new good atitude to food and health!!

Hey Moti - what a great idea! I agreed and have now eaten the whole of the Lindt bunny. Feel a bit sick actually, but it was lovely. Here's to all of us tomorrow starters, just shakes and opening the door for a whole new (smaller) us to get out. Stay in touch!

Hi all, coming to the end of my 5th day of CD! Not too bad so far, although am questioning my sanity at starting this when there is so much choc every where!!! But needs must and this weight has to go this time once

Hi all, coming to the end of my 5th day of CD! Not too bad so far, although am questioning my sanity at starting this when there is so much choc every where!!! But needs must and this weight has to go this time once and for all.
Wishing every one good luck-have first weigh in on Tues evening. Have around 100lbs to lose-feels like a long journey so think I will break it up into smaller goals. Would like to be a stone lighter for Hols in 3 weeks time.:chores016:

Hi Beccy, I am day 4 and am also questioning why I started over Easter!! Most foolish, but then if I can do it over Easter, I can do it anytime :D I have 5.5 stone to lose. I have a holiday in Egypt booked for the end of May, so would love to lose as much as poss by then! But first things first, my first goal is to get under 15 stone, 2nd is to get below 14st 5 (my lowest weight in a long time), and then to take each stone as it comes. Once my holiday is over, I will be SSing once more and my goal at the moment is 10 stone, which seems very far away at the moment, but I think I can achieve it by August/September.

xxx

Hi Beccy, I am day 4 and am also questioning why I started over Easter!! Most foolish, but then if I can do it over Easter, I can do it anytime :D I have 5.5 stone to lose. I have a holiday in Egypt booked for the end of May, so would love to lose as much as poss by then! But first things first, my first goal is to get under 15 stone, 2nd is to get below 14st 5 (my lowest weight in a long time), and then to take each stone as it comes. Once my holiday is over, I will be SSing once more and my goal at the moment is 10 stone, which seems very far away at the moment, but I think I can achieve it by August/September.

xxx

Well done for getting straight into it Sarette.... Believe me there is always another excuse on the horizon..... for me it was a november birthday, christmas, new year, hubbies birthday, valentines day/anniversary, and so on and so on.... started CD at the end of February and then had mothers' day etc to do... easter - My excuses could have been endless....
Best thing is to do it as you did.... just leap in and get on with it!!!!!! Well done you!!!!
I met my CDC (bunnycd) who has metamophosised and looks like a different person..... - look up her before and after photos as well as many others on here for the help and inspiration that you need to keep you spurred on....

All the best with the new lifestyle.....

be gorgeous

Michelle xx

hi my names Jacqueline I've been on the CD before and lost 2 stone and I am just about to start again tomorrow, got to get back on track this time for holiday in Egypt! Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Hey Char and Moti, how did it go? I made it - and am going to bed soon to avoid temptation!! Put the detail on the blog. Here's to another day!

Hi Jules,
Well done for getting through your 1st day!
I've done it, although I was starving, I didn't cheat!
So bring on tomorrow!!
Luv Char X

Another Newbie

Hiya another newbie on the CD, Im weak so i chose to start today 25.3.08 most of the chocolate has gone now so i should be ok.
Im 24, 5ft 4in and have two kids i work part time but its a desk job so not good.
Starting weight - 12st 4lbs
Goal weight 1 - 10st 5lb (Normal BMI)
Main Goal weight - 9st 4lbs

Just had my first week weigh in------10lbs GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god!!!!111

Hi All

Im Julie - Im 35 years young, a 10 year old daughter and twin 4 year old boys. Ive just switched over from the ww site (miss you guys xx)

Ive done CD before (last year) where I lost 2 stones of which Ive probably gained back one of those.

I am restarting CD on Saturday morning as Ive found a CDC who will see me on Friday evening. Im hoping this CDC will be supportive as the last one wasn' at all. She seems to be lovely and has already text me to see if I've cut down on my carbs - now theres support!!!! I know the diet works but I also know that days 4 & 5 will be the hardest for me as they always are!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

xx

Hello!

I'm Emma! I'm 19. This is my first day on CD. I had my first shake earlier and it wasnt as bad as expected. My cousin and aunty are both doing this too.

I've been sat here thinking shall i or shall i not post what i weigh. I'm quite embarrassed to say but who knows, hopefully it shall spur me on lose weight.

I'm 5 foot 11 and i weigh 19 stone 13lbs.

I used to sit there every winter and swear i would be slim by the summer but then summer came and i wasnt.

I've no idea what to set my goal weight as, i have a large build so i will lose weight until i feel comfortable in myself.

If anyone wants to chat on MSN or whatever, i dont mind giving it out in a PM. I know i could sure do with some support along the way ( or should that be weigh haha) :)

Good luck to everyone!!! x

New to this

Hi my names Mandy and I am very new to this website.

I am Currently on day 3 of the CD - I have tried this several times but I have finally got my husband to do it with me so I am hoping it will be alot easier !!!!!

I have my first meeting with my new counsellor tonight (I still had some left over so started on Tuesday!)

I am at my heaviest now at 15st 6 but have lost 4 lbs my first 2 days so I am heading in the right direction.

Anyone with advice on how to use this website would be great - LOL

Back