Minimins CD 2008 - sign in thread

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
Well, new year new start. A lot of the people from the old sign in thread haven't been with us for ages, and there are a lot of new members.

I thought it may be a good idea to start a new one, stats included so that any newbies can always find someone who has "been there, done that"
Also, if you have facebook or MSN, add your link/email (or at least make it possible for people to get your MSN addy via PM) just so that we can help each other get through the day.

Who's up for it??

I'll start:

Hey, i'm Blue_grapefruit aka Leah
I first started CD in october and have been a serial restarted ever since. THIS IS THE LAST TIME!!

I'm 22, a student in cardiff uni, and i work in Frankie and bennys as a bar supervisor and trainee assistant manager.

I'm 5ft 2, start weight of 12st 8 and for my BMI to be 25 i need to be 9st 7. At the moment, that looks like it's impossible - will see in a few months eh?

Facebook: http://cardiffuk.facebook.com/profile.php?id=223600021
MSN: PM me for my addy :D

Lurve xxx

I'm Fiona, I'm 29 and from East Cambridgeshire. I work in a drawing office so I'm sat behind a desk all day!

I'm 5'2" and my start weight this time :eek: was 15st 4lbs. At my heaviest I was 15st 12ish (I think!).

I first started CD two years ago and struggled. I managed to lose a stone and put it all back on again. This time I'll do it because I don't want to be big on my 30th birthday!
I don't really know what my target weight will be (not having been anywhere near slim for 6 years!) but I think I'd like to be in the region of 9st which is a BMI of 23!

I'm one of the newbies. I started CD on 4th Jan, so I'm 4 days in now. I'm in ketosis and feeling pretty good. I'm 5ft 10, weigh 27st 5lb, have over 1/2 my body weight to lose. My sister is my cdc, her name is spooky on here, she's the one that put me onto this site.

I'm on facebook, it's http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=729840860,
I also have msn, but I can't send PM's to anyone, so if you want it, can you please message my sister spooky and she'll be glad to send it to you.

Good idea Leah!

I'm Chika, 24 and a student in Manchester. I have a couple of PT jobs that keep me in shakes! I started CD last year but have messed about due to one reason or another but I'm determined to be slim in 2008! I'm 5'11 and a half and My starting weight was 25st 8lbs (I know!) I'm currently 23st 6lbs and my first mini goal is to be under 20 stone for the first time in ages!

My facebook is http://mmu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=511899563
Msn = [email protected]

Elo! I'm Vicky and started CD back at the end of 2005 I was just over 12 stone and wanted to get to 10,7 for a trip to New York. Went to NY for new year weighing - 10,10 - was pretty chuffed! BUT my CDC didn't explain to me at the time about Glycogen etc and came back weighing 11,7 and was so dishartened as I thought I had failed so couldn't face the diet again at that time. I tried and failed to do CD several times and even tried SW for a bit but just wasn't in the right mind set. Consequently from Jan 2006 until now I have gained.....wait for it 3 and a half stone (ish) When I started back last week I weight 15,2.5!!!!!!!! I got married in Aug last year and told myself I was going to get back to 10,10 for it but kept gaining and losing the same half a stone! So I decided 2008 is my year to get back on the CD wagon and start again! I am now just finishing week one!! I'm chuffed with myself too! If I can do it then so can you, you just have to stick with it!

My Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=560512787

Fresh New Newbie Here!
Hey, i'm BigLors aka Laura
I start CD tomorrow, and am leaving in an hour to go see my cousellor to pick up my bits and pieces! Am all excited!

I'm 29 (big 3-0 in June), live up in the Highlands, and i'm a Theatre Recovery Staff Nurse, and also a Remedial Massage Therapist.

Have been overweight for as long as i can remember. Have now FINALLY been diagnosed with PCOS (have known myself for years), and really need to sort myself out and get fit and healthy! I want to start a family, and it aint going to happen unless i lose some weight! So here's to losing weight, feeling brilliant, getting some self esteem back, and having a successful pregnancy!

I'm 6ft 0.5", unsure of start weight and BMI yet (last time i weighed i was 19st 4 - but that was before chrimbo!), but have about 5 and a half stone to lose.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=591424174
MSN/Windows Live Messenger: PM me for my addy :D

TTFN xxx

Im Missymoo, 29, 5'4 currently weigh 11st 12lbs and my first goal now is to get week one under my belt then get in to the 10 stone bracket. I am a Facebook addict, Im on there quite a lot so feel free to add me as long as you dont mind me sending you things etc. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=530697376

Ive been on cd a little while now and have not made it easy on myself by having many blips along the way but, minimins and the people here always inspire me to keep going ... plus I know it works ... just look at my ticker. Ive been off cd for about a month, wasnt supposed to be but with one thing and another running up to Christmas I let myself fall along the way side. Tried a restart last week and failed on day 1. Its day 1 again for me today and this time Im on the wagon till the end of my journey. Im in the right frame of mind at last ... I had lost my mojo beginning of December but, its back and Im well chuffed ... lets hope Im still this positive come 6pm!! Haha!!

My name is mandi aka FUZZYS ANGEL i'm 41years old & have two children my daughter Tegan who is 21yrs old & my son Marcus (Razorbladelove) who is 20yrs old. I have a wonderful husband who has supported me throughout, i'm a night shift worker on an acute medical ward at our local hospital....

When i first went on a VLCD i began with LighterLife, i started my first on 28th October 2006 (The day before my 40th birthday, I hated the fact I’d reached 40 & not lost my weight) Starting weight of 16st 10lbs, 106 days later on 11th Feb 2007 I took a break from LL due to illness (not LL related) weighing 11st 8lbs, a total loss of 62lbs..
On the 11th April 07 I returned to a VLCD but instead switched to CD, I re-gained a little bit of weight (10lbs) , so my new staring weight was 12st 4lbs. Since re-joining I’ve still had health problems (not VLCD related at all) & as I suffer with depression have found it difficult sometimes to stick with the plan lots of up & down days & weeks, the lowest weight i reached was 11st 4lbs……

After months of maintance gaining & losing the same half stone I'm finally back to CD ssing to reach my ulitmate goal that i never actually reached...xxx

MSN: [email protected]

Hiya,
I'm Tansy - mother to 2 kids, 46 and getting married in August (30th).
I'm trying to lose 4stone 6lbs and this is my first time using the cambridge diet.
I've not always had a weight problem - it mainly started when I was hospitalised a few years ago with herniated discs and was stuck in there for 2 months - I couldn't actually walk properly for a good few months. Then I gave up smoking (nearly one year now!). I had smoked cigarettes and cannibis on a daily basis for over 30 years so wanted to know what it was like to be "straight" for the first time ever!lol
I think I've now got the smoking kicked and need to address all the weight I've put on and build up my self esteem - feel better about myself.
I'm on day 5 now and going strong thanks to the peeps on here.
Good to meet you all
Tansyx

Hi I'm Emma. Im 36, and began CD in September weighing 22 stone. I started for a million reasons but the trigger was that I was going on holiday in December and was worried the seatbelt on the plane wouldn't do up. I ate while on holiday but got straight back into the diet when I got back, and currently weigh 16st 8. have a long way to go, but do feel so much better.

My facebook is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=589236515
and MSN is [email protected]

Hi Im Sam, Originally started CD back in June last year and lost 4 stones in three months. I have had a break from CD for about 3 months and started again on New years day. During my break I gained about 10lb in total but most of that is back off again after just 6 days on this wonderful diet.

My aim now is to get to BMI 28 and become a CDC so I can help other people fight their weight loss battles.

No MSN or Facebook for me im afraid but you can usually find me bumming around on Minis most days. xx

I'm Dutch (dutchess) or Sarah and most know me, I'm 32 (33 on the 28th Jan eek) I'm a stay at home mummy and general housewifey I've always been big, even as a toddler my mum says I was 'sturdy'.

I've done every diet, my lowest adult weight through ww was 15stone one pound, (took 7 months to lose 3 stone) I started on cd after my little boy finally gave up his supper milkies weighing an all time record for me of 20st. I've been a lucky one on here, I've enjoyed the diet and not struggled but I truly believe my head is in the right place. This will be the first and last time I do this and I will be normal size. I've not cheated (yet) and don't intend to and my results make me smile every time I look at them. Sorry to brag but I can't believe I've stuck to this and can't believe the results, wish I'd started this diet when I was about 16

Here we go

Hi,
I am in the process of getting started on CD. Got 10stone to loose and don't want to wait any longer. I'm almost 38 and been unhappy for too long. I have just been browsing this forum and you guys seem great. Will probably get on your nerves regularly...

I will be back as soon as I have started, hopefully within the next 2 weeks. Wish me luck and all the best for everyone on this forum.

xxx

hi my names claire and im a full time carer for my disabled daughter
i have pcos and insulin resistancy so was always on the chunkier side but after finally getting pregnant my wee girl came into the world at 25 weeks old and was gravly ill for 10 months where i comfort ate my way to 23 stone.
i started CD in november of 07 and am loving the plan

Another one to add

Hi I'm Clare
Separated (last summer), 2 kids - yo yo dieter, aged 36 full time worker - stressful job. I have attempted LL but failed miserably mainly due to financial problems.
I'm exactly the same size now as when I started - so hey it could be worse... I tried to re-start Sept Oct 06 but my son had an accident I was back and forth to hospital and just failed again.
I was diagnosed with depression due to combination of an awful year in Nov and GP advised me to get this in check before embarking on a diet programme.
So here I am, Jan 2008.... A new year, hopefully a new mum to my kids aged nearly 11 and nearly 9. And maybe find a new fella?????
Love Clare xxx

Hi,

I'm CJ, 37 and a stay at home mummy to 2 little boys (3&1) The last time I was "normal" I was 14! So I'm unzipping the fat suit right now and forever for the sake of me and my boys. I was 21st 13lbs when I started (but was about 2 stone heavier I think at my biggest) and according to my scales I am now 18st 5lb - so have lost a whopping 3st 8lb since the 1st of Nov 06 when I started CD.

Loving CD and Minimins! Glad I have finally found something that really works!

My DH started CD with me Weighing in at 20st 1lb and he now weighs 17st 1lb! 3 Stone in the same time!

The boys are already appreciating their all new action parents!

Hi, I'm Georgie, 37 years young, married to Steve for 15 years with four bootiful cats. I work full time (more's the pity) in London and live in Bedfordshire. I started my CD journey on 7th August this year at a start weight of 14st. I'm now down into the 9's and 4.5lb from goal and a BMI 25.

Never thought when I first started this I would be where I am now, it has changed my life and I have never been happier.

Georgie
x

:D Hi all, im Trina aged 30 (almost 31...lol)...married mum of two.
Im a terrible yo yo dieter, i lost almost 3 stone on CD at the begining of last year then went on holiday and put most of it back on again. I tried again in September and lost 2 stone, but have again put it back on over the xmas holidays.
I will do it this time!.... I currently weigh 15.13 and want to get to about 10 stone.
Good luck everyone!, Nice to meet you all x

Back