Minimins CD 2008 - sign in thread

[FONT=&quot]Hello I'm kurious_oranj, or Kate. I lost about 3 stone last year on CD and have maintained for the last 6 months. I am currently 11 st 4 lbs. I'm back to lose the rest of the weight. I'd like to reach 10 or 9.5 stone, which would be just the thing for my height. I'm finding my restart easier than expected in terms of physical symptoms (no headaches etc) but seem to be getting dreadful cravings for carby food - there's some bread baking downstairs and it's driving me crackers! Crackers? See, I'm obsessed.

I am getting married next year and would like to be all svelte for that, and, more importantly for the fabby honeymoon in Meeru :)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hello I'm kurious_oranj, or Kate. I lost about 3 stone last year on CD and have maintained for the last 6 months. I am currently 11 st 4 lbs. I'm back to lose the rest of the weight. I'd like to reach 10 or 9.5 stone, which would be just the thing for my height. I'm finding my restart easier than expected in terms of physical symptoms (no headaches etc) but seem to be getting dreadful cravings for carby food - there's some bread baking downstairs and it's driving me crackers! Crackers? See, I'm obsessed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am getting married next year and would like to be all svelte for that, and, more importantly for the fabby honeymoon in Meeru :)[/FONT]

Welcome back Kate!

Congratulations and very well done on maintaining your weight loss of three stone:happy096:

Good luck with the second phase of your weight loss journey!!!

You have plenty of motivation and no doubt you will be svelte for your wedding and fabulous honeymoon in Meeru!:character00180:

Love Mini xxx

Aww, thank you for the warm welcome. I see minimins is as friendly a place as ever :)

Hi all, I'm Jen.
I'm 28, married to Dale and have a gorgeous DD called Beth who is 5.
I work as a Leaning Support Officer at a college 3 days a week and I'm currently doing my teaching qualification and voluntary teaching hours so I'm kept quite busy!
I began CD last Wednesday and found that the first 3 days weren't pleasant but feel great now.
As of last Tuesday night I was the heaviest I have ever been and I'm quite proud that I actually admitted that as my weight problem stems from denial!!! (As well as eating way too much and not exercising!!)
I've done WW and SW in the past but having quite a lot to lose I became disheatened very quickly. Now I'm on CD I feel like I can do this, and by Christmas no-one will recognise me!

Jen
x

Hi I'm new to this forum but not to CD. I'm Emma, 27, and working in marketing so I'm sat down most of the day. I've been on CD twice before, both times loosing a stone but never making it past the 2 week mark, and both times have put the weight plus more back on - my fault entirely as I eat rubbish! I start again tomorrow, with a starting weight of 10.7st and a goal weight of 8st. At 5ft 2", my weight drowns my frame.

I've been promising myself to start CD again for the past 2 months, but keep putting it off due to knowing how hard I find it. I only like the chocolate and mintchoc shakes, so I'm very limited in what I can eat!!! If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be really happy to hear them! The plus side is, I don't have a problem drinking 3Ls of water a day - I feel really dehydrated without it!

Em x

CD starter

Hi everyone - have just started CD this morning for the 1st time. At work now and nipping to the loo every 10 minutes due to all this water you have to drink! Starting to get a bit of a headache and hunger pains but have been told these will go after 2-3 days (roll on Thursday!!!)
I came across this forum after doing a bit of diet research last week and love the support network. My boyf doesnt really think ill be able to stick to cambridge but reading other peoples experiences really does help!

Glad to be here

I am new to this forum and instantly liked it when I saw what people wrote. An ovbviously supportive and positive bunch of people. I stopped smoking with the help of a similiar forum about 6 years ago and it made a big difference to me.
I do not like face to face group meetings and tend to work things through for myself. But I do like to share, so this is brilliant and I will come regularly and contribute.
I restarted CD last week. The first time I did it, I lost three stone and it took me 2 years to put them back on - entirely my fault of course. I have been working a lot on the underlying issues that led to my weight gain and think I have made quite a bit of inroad. I am keeping a diary about that here:
I am glad I found you!

Am in my first week of Cambridge, after exactly two weeks on LL, having decided CD will suit me better.

I have about 7 stone to lose, and am looking forward to the journey, fully committed and pleased with my initial losses.

I'm 52 and live in north Suffolk and a web developer (sitting in front of a pc all day hasn't helped so making determined effort to get out and walk each day).

Well I'm new to the CD but lost 3st on LL last year. Unfortunately, I went back to my old eating habits and gained 2 of them back:cry:
I'm on day 2 and I'm determined to get through this. I can't believe how hard it is doing it for the second time, I don't remember it being this hard last time. This site really helped me through the rough times before on the LL forum so hear I am again on the CD side of things reading everyones' inspirational stories to get me through.
:innocent0001:

WE CAN DO THIS!

I'm addicted to this site already and I don't even start SS until next Tuesday! I meet my counsellor on Sunday and I'm so excited I can't wait to start.....
Everyone's stories are so inspirational - I even took my before photos last night! I have 4 pairs of jeans that don't fit me ranging from size 12 to 10 and I know I'm going to be in them by the time I go on holiday in August! (I'm a size 14 at the moment and bulging out of them!)
I'm 5'2" and weigh 12st 5lbs - I do have quite a large frame though so the recommended healthy weight of 8st 9lbs just ain't gonna happen! :rolleyes: My goal is to lose 3 stone and get down to 9 and a half stone. (I'll be happy at 10stone but it will be nice to have the half a stone to play with!)
Can't wait to tell you how pants I'm feeling next week! I'm planning on swimming everyday as I already do gym everyday so I'm hoping swimming will tone me up with out the fainting effect of a spinning class!
Thanks to everyone for posting their stories.... keep writing! xxxxx

Hi LoveIt,

:welcome:

I even took my before photos last night! I have 4 pairs of jeans that don't fit me ranging from size 12 to 10 and I know I'm going to be in them by the time I go on holiday in August!

Welcome and well done on being so organised and I do believe you will be back into size 10 by August!!!

Your enthusiasm is fantastic and good luck with swimming next week.

Take it easy for the first week as you get use to do this diet as it can be draining...

This link below will help you set up your weight ticker:)

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

Love Mini xxx

Thank you Mini!

I've set up my ticker.... thanks for the help!
Well done on your loss by the way, it's amazing how well everyone does! It must be tough being so strict for so many weeks. I really hope I can be as dedicated!
Fingers crossed for next week..... :eek:

Hi everyone I started CD on friday for the 3rd and hopefully the last time. Im doing the SS+ plan as I feel I will be less likely to cheat if I know I can have some kind of food. I know how difficult it is to restart CD.

I am 5ft 4 and weight 13 stone 2. I ideally want to be 10 stone (but would be glad with 10.7 stone) . I plan to start CD for initially 2-3 months and see how I feel after then.

Thats the plan anyway. Just hope I can stick to it. Im currently on day 3 and feeling quite hungry although when I checked this morning Im already in ketosis which is really good.

Hope I can succeed. Good luck to everyone on your weight loss journey too xxx

Hello :). I'm brand new to Cambridge and am on day 4 of SS. I've got about four stone to lose.
I lost 2stone on Atkins but put it back on again. I'm used to downing large quantities of water and was low carbing before I started SS so hopefully that helped to get me into ketosis quickly.
I used to use ketostix but am not using them at the moment and am simply trusting that if I stick to the diet I will be in ketosis.

Still learning to navigate around the board (getting hopelessly lost a lot of the time) and am feeling very positive after reading the success stories.

Started in October but due to terrible stress times at work from November until now I have just not managed to even think about dieting.
Well one thing has changed....I have a new job in a warm place starting in August. I need to loose 3 stone by then so starting on SS tomorrow and this time there will be no stopping me. I have a goal now and I do not want to start my new job sweating and panting and feeling uncomfortable. So I begin and am glad to be back on the forum.
Hugs to my old friends and to the new friends I am going to make.

hi, my names Diddy, i started this morning on cd..well actually it was 11.54 when i drank my first shake but whos counting :? ...im starting to have a slight headache and am not looking forward to tomorrow as i know it will be worse but im not giving up!!! ....

Hi all,
I'm Petra, I'm 23. I'm on my 3rd wk and I've lost 12lbs so far. My start weight was 11.4 and my goal is 8st. I currently work in admin at a hospital. I love this site cos you get so much support. :)

Hi all
I'm Claire and this is my first time on CD. Did lose 6 stone on Atkins a few years back, and have re-gained 3 of those, so once again I have a long way to go!
But I'm convinced I am in the right frame of mind this time.

Back