Minimins CD 2008 - sign in thread

Hi Everyone, Though i'd just tell you all i lost 6lbs and 3/4 so near enough 1/2 a stone :p

Hi everyone,
I am about to start the Cambridge Diet (Thursday) for the first time and have a way to go so any help and tips would be gratefully received. My Counsellor has started me on the 810 for the first week, is this normal?

it is the easiest way to ease into it and cut down on carbs slowly. you'll get less headaches and tiredness and general yuck in your first week. it's not necessarily usual, you can start sole sourcing straight away, but it's certainly not wrong and you'll still get a good loss on that :)

good luck hon :)

abz xx

hello :eek:

i started ss 13 days ago i started at 16st 4lbs and lost 11lbs last week, my next weigh in is tommorow (eek) i would love to lose 3lb so i hit the 1 stone mark. i want to get down to 11st but would be happy at 12st.
I have done weightwatchers before and tried to calorie count for myself, when i started w.w in 2006 i weighed 20st 3lbs and managed to lose 6 stone but finally fell off the wagon! so i'm hopefully going to reach my goal.
x

Hi, I'm Maggie I'm 50yrs old, married to Paul. I have two daughters, Hannah 19 at Newcastle Uni (Politics) and Emily 17 at college (Child care). I work full time as a sister on a busy ICU.
I started CD in June,was doing ok, then I had a bout of IBS and hand surgery for Carpel tunnel syndrome. Back on ss+ and in two weeks have lost the weight I have gained.
I enjoy reading, walking my lurcher, Amber, the gym, fitness classes and my weekly tap class, I'm no good but boy do we have fun. I am also a committed Christian.
Having done SW, WW etc I needed a complete change and as my holiday is 3 weeks today, now was a good time to start CD. Because of the blip I won't loose as much as I would have liked, but I will be wearing comfortable 16-18, not 20-22. Hoping to get into size 14's, although with each shop having a different idea on sizing, who knows where it will end.
I'll stop boring you and go to the gym.
Maggie;)

Re-start weight 16 - 7
Wk 1 - 2 16 - 5
Wk 2 -4 16 - 1

Ok, My name is Jenn and I am 31 5'3 and 20st 5 at the moment. I live in east anglia. I should hopefully be starting SSing on monday or tuesday for the first time. I want to get to a nice normal weight but will be happy to get down to a size 12/14. But 9 st would be good. At present I am just eating when I am hungry and stopping when i am full at the moment. Which funny enough has lost me 9 pounds this week. So hopefully the CD will help this all along.

I am a stay at home mum, so looking forward to dedicating my time to ensuring this weight comes off.

Looking forward to seeing all you lovely people around and hope to comtribute some support and laughter throughout the site!

Catcha later,
J:D

Hi,
Well it is day one and I have had two shakes and a soup so far (Chocolate and Choc Mint Shakes and Chicken Mushroom Soup) and endless cups of water with the odd coffee.
I have enjoyed all the meal replacements and I am not feeling too bad, am just about to have some poached haddock and cauliflower. No headaches and only minor hunger pangs so its so far so good!! :)

Hello!
First Post...whoop whoop! Just thought that I'd introduce myself, I'm Catherine, 27 and in sunny Blackpool. I am in my first week of Cambridge, and so far so good - Despite getting v jealous of someone's lettuce (can you believe it?!?) yesterday lunchtime. I'm 5'7" and 13 st 1, 3lb down already :D(good times) but still trying to get the hang of all this drinking loads/running to the loo malarky :tear_drop:(bad times).

Feeling pretty positive at the mo, as long as there's no party snacks about, I'll be OK-I've banned quiche from this house, so that's got to help!

My first post on here too... starting CD on thursday so at the min im just doing the 'prep' stage as best i can by cutting right back and getting into the habit of drinking loads of water.
i dont know why but i feel the most optimistic on this diet. i can actually believe that i will be slim and healthier and that it wont take years.
I know i will miss food but i thnk that as it is not going to be there, i wont have to think about what i should and shouldnt eat and i think that is going to be a HUGE help.. along with this forum of course :D

Hi i am Nycci, ive just started the cambridge diet (wed 25th june 08),got a good friend who has been on it and the results are amazing , so here i am giving it a go too.
I am trying to get rid of the weight i put on before and after having my second son. so here is hoping i can do as well as her.

good luck

wow im in shock , my first week and ive lost 8lbs. i know i will probably not loose as much next week , but what a start for me im well chuffed, i hope this weight loss continues...........
Much thanks to mrs B for the mega support and pampering bag....love you heeps xxx
8lbs.......OMG

hi all, i've been looking at the forums for a while now but this is officially my first post! *yey*

both myself and my mum are going to be using this screen name as we are both doing Cambridge Diet to lose our "excess" :) (and she isn't very tech savvy! hence the one screenname)

I'm Jacqui, 20 years old (21 in a couple of months) a student at Exeter University studying Drama and my mum is Denise, 47 (i think!) years old and is currently having a career break after many years of going through the mill. 15 years ago Denise was a CDC and so knows it works :) and I saw how my mum was much better in herself and the weight coming off her so thought I'd give it a go to try and get rid of the weight I've put on since starting Uni - late night eating is NEVER a good thing! :D

Stats: Denise 5ft 7" starting weight 17 stone 9 lbs
currently 15 stone 3 lbs
target weight 13 stone

Jacqui: 5ft 8" starting weight 11 stone 11lbs
target weight 9 stone 7lbs

I'm only on my third day of SS...going out tonight - first time since coming back home from University and I'm not going to be drinking...eeek! I wonder how tonight will be?? Wish me luck!! :D

Jacqui xxxx

Hello I'm Sally and I started CD on Monday for the first time.

So far I am totally fine, I seem to develop a bit of a headache mid morning but I just take a paracetamol.

I am feeling very positive and looking forward to losing between 3 and 4 stone (I'll see how I look/feel nearer the time!)

Back