Minimins CD 2008 - sign in thread

Hi Shell,

I daren't buy any scales cos i know i'd become obsessed with weighing myself everyday.

I can imagine that seeing the scales go down everyday is great & a real motivator but i think it'd really de-motivate me if one day i hadn't lost anything.

each to their own i suppose. its whatever works for each person. :)

Em x

thanks chick....you will have a good loss next week too if you stick to it....get yourself some ketosticks from boots , they let you know when you are in ketosis its a ral morale boost!!! i treated myself to some new scales today...im obsessed now....i weigh myself everyday!!!! how sad is that!!!

shelleyxx

the ketostix are worth buying - i order mine online.

seeing that you are in ketosis is a great motivator cos you know that you're in fat buring mode. :D

Hi my name is Helen, i am 4 weeks from my 41st birthday, hard enough for me to admit my age, but lots easier than to admit that than what why weight is.

I work part time, and i also do voluntary work, i also have a small business too.

Eight years ago i was a happy slim and very trim woman, but i had a car accident, putting me on crutches for a year, and i also lost my Mum, who died suddenly, she was my best friend, and since losing her, i have spiralled on every kind of fad diet, because of disability i had not worked for a long time, so that took me further into binging, cravings, comfort eating, and i have a huge self image problem, where i avoid mirrors, and i run when a camera is about.

I start my CD - 18th July 2008, and by my birthday which is 19th August 2008, i would like to have lost 1 stone 7 in all.

To me i am abit skeptical about doing this, but i will do it.

Thanks for allowing me to come to this forum, i sure will need all the support i can get, and will enjoy seeing the befores and afters, maybe you can gain me some confidence to show you my pictures.

Night night off to bed now.

I need to lose 4 stone in all.

hi helen. it's a very achievable goal you have there. and i was a sceptic when i started too but it really does work. just stick at it through the first week which can be awful as you hit ketosis and crave carbs and then it will get better :)

good luck

abz xx

Hi, My name is Clare Louise, and I am new to the forum and to CD. I started on Monday, so am now on day five. It's been ok so far, though I ordered my Ketostix on ebay last Friday and they haven't arrived yet grrrrrrrrrrrrr- so haven't been able to check if I am in ketosis yet, but on Tuesday had really wierd taste in my mouth, so presume that I am!! Have had a hard week so far as my Mum and Step Dad have been staying and so have had to resist lots of temptation - going to KFC, the cinema and to the pub. I have three children and a hubby who I have to cook for, so will have to get used to preparing food and not eating it. Am loving all of the shakes but not so much the soups - some of them taste a bit powdery to me - any tips? I lost two stone with WW a few years ago which I put back on, partly because I stopped before I got to goal, and then put on another stone and a half in the past year as have given up smoking and moved from Essex to Scotland and have been comfort eating and drinking too much wine!! Giving up wine will be hard for me but determined to do it. I weighted 13 stone 3 at my first weigh in and am five foot 3 so would like to get down to nine and a half stone ideally.
Hope everyone is having a good day!!
:)

Clare x

Morning all,
My partner and I started the CD on Wednesday, at the moment we are feeling great (well after I wiped all the fur from my mouth on day 2)
Some of the shakes are realy nice so not having too much of a problem with them, the soups however and foul unless blended!!
Then they dont taste too bad!

Start Weight - Martin - 17st 12lbs
Goal - not weight as such but would like to fit into his 36inch waist trousers.
Start Weight - Sharon - 12st 2lbs
Goal - 9st

Hello!
I have just ordered this diet today. I'm doing their Fast Start program, and I might turn it into the regular if it works out! Any tips, etc?

Hello, Im a newbie from Chelmsford.

Hello everyone,

My name is Sian. Im 29 years old and looking forward to my 30th birthday. However I intend to be half the size i am now by then!!. I am 18st 11lb and have started CD today. I am sitting here feeling very hungry, but slowly getting through a pint of water. I would really like to get to 10 stone as I have never had a normal figure and i cant wait to find out what its like!!!! I am a married mum of 3 beautiful kids, so i have a lot of support and encouragement around me.

I look forward to reading everyones progress, so good luck

Love sian XX

Sianock - I am starting as soon as mine arrives in the post. Would you like to keep together, and motivate each other when it gets hard?

Hi GTPeach that sounds good, we can help motivate each other. XX Sian XX

Back