Minimins High Summer 2021 challenge

Happy to report a miracle lol I lost 4lb this week. I am super pleased after being up and down over the same couple of pound for what seems to be an eternity.

Tipperary 0.6kg/6.5kg
Boofle 7.5/21lbs
purpleorc 4lbs/10lbs
Shrinkingvioletnomore 0lbs/39lbs
MissThomas
Pratainua 0/10lb
LittleElle
Halley -1lb/8lb
DeeOne_UK 0lbs/14lbs
Simone45 0lb/16lb
Ravenous 0/14 lbs (S: 154 C: 154 T: 140)
Well done. Sometimes when we don't stress over our weight it comes off easily - I am the same at the moment stuck on a pleatu but hopefully, I see some results soon.

Well done. Sometimes when we don't stress over our weight it comes off easily - I am the same at the moment stuck on a pleatu but hopefully, I see some results soon.
The only thing is i did differently was I ate a meal out(knowing i was going out for the week previously i saved syns each day to lessen the damage) and unfortunately no jacket potatoes so I selected chips( so not exactly on plan :classic_eek: ), side salad and had a lovely lean steak. Maybe I should eat fried chips more often :rotflmao: I recall from my weight loss journeys previously I have plateaued and going no where fast then out of nowhere it just kick starts again. I did start to wonder was i eating too much fruit. I do so love fruit. It is my go to first when I am peckish. Or whether cos I am near to the point where my syns drop to 15 per day whether I should drop now. But in all honesty I have never had 20 syn. I normally sit at between 13 to 16 per day.

The only thing is i did differently was I ate a meal out(knowing i was going out for the week previously i saved syns each day to lessen the damage) and unfortunately no jacket potatoes so I selected chips( so not exactly on plan :classic_eek: ), side salad and had a lovely lean steak. Maybe I should eat fried chips more often :rotflmao: I recall from my weight loss journeys previously I have plateaued and going no where fast then out of nowhere it just kick starts again. I did start to wonder was i eating too much fruit. I do so love fruit. It is my go to first when I am peckish. Or whether cos I am near to the point where my syns drop to 15 per day whether I should drop now. But in all honesty I have never had 20 syn. I normally sit at between 13 to 16 per day.
Sometimes our bodies get used to the food we are eating and not shifting the weight and when you have something different, it forces the body to work hard to burn the need food hence weight loss. You eating differently made the weight loss.

When I was doing really well, that is what I did. Every 3-4 weeks, I ate different food to make my body come out of the habit. Knowing all that, I still panic when I don't lose. Going to do the same again to see some results.

Sometimes our bodies get used to the food we are eating and not shifting the weight and when you have something different, it forces the body to work hard to burn the need food hence weight loss. You eating differently made the weight loss.

When I was doing really well, that is what I did. Every 3-4 weeks, I ate different food to make my body come out of the habit. Knowing all that, I still panic when I don't lose. Going to do the same again to see some results.
Thanks for your words of wisdom from someone who has walked in my shoes so to speak. Knows some of the tricks of the trade that has worked for them in the past it is a big help.

Hi yes I am COVID free, just been in contact with someone who had it thank you xxx
That’s great @boofle. Glad to hear you are well.
Happy to report a miracle lol I lost 4lb this week. I am super pleased after being up and down over the same couple of pound for what seems to be an eternity.
Fantastic news @purpleorc. 4lb is an amazing result.
Welcome @Ravenous and @Simone45 and the best of luck in reaching your goals.

It’s hard to believe it but I am up another 2.2lb since Friday. That is a full 5lb gain in 10 days. Maybe it is the lack of exercise. My knees and hip are sore. And maybe the medication I am on is causing me to retain water (she says hopefully!) Anyway will be good today and pray to see things moving in the right direction.
Happy Monday everyone!

No change for me this week but it's not surprising, I didn't have a good week but I'm back on track. Spent the weekend batch cooking so looking forward to loss next week.

Tipperary 0.6kg/6.5kg
Boofle 7.5/21lbs
purpleorc 4lbs/10lbs
Shrinkingvioletnomore 0lbs/39lbs
MissThomas
Pratainua 0/10lb
LittleElle
Halley -1lb/8lb
DeeOne_UK 0lbs/14lbs
Simone45 0lb/16lb

Another rubbish week for me- must be the weather is we’re all retaining . 1lb lost and 100% sticking to tfr

Tipperary 0.6kg/6.5kg
Boofle 7.5/21lbs
purpleorc 4lbs/10lbs
Shrinkingvioletnomore lbs/39lbs
MissThomas
Pratainua 0/10lb
LittleElle
Halley -1lb/8lb
DeeOne_UK 0lbs/14lbs
Simone45 0lb/16lb

Another rubbish week for me- must be the weather is we’re all retaining . 1lb lost and 100% sticking to tfr

Tipperary 0.6kg/6.5kg
Boofle 7.5/21lbs
purpleorc 4lbs/10lbs
MissThomas
Pratainua 0/10lb
LittleElle
Halley -1lb/8lb
DeeOne_UK 0lbs/14lbs
Simone45 0lb/16lb
Might be only a 1lb but it is still a win in my eyes as you have lost so much better than a gain. Maybe next week you have a big loss. You have done so well keep up your good work

Tipperary 0.6kg/6.5kg
Boofle 6/21lbs
purpleorc 4lbs/10lbs
MissThomas
Pratainua 0/10lb
LittleElle
Halley -1lb/8lb
DeeOne_UK 0lbs/14lbs
Simone45 0lb/16lb

Week 1 of the challenge down. Not a wonderful loss, but going in the right direction...

Also had a victory over my own laziness this morning. Went for a half hour walk while still fasting. The health gurus on Youtube say this is especially good for obese people, as it takes fat from the liver for fuel. I have NAFLD as well, so it must be plus plus all the way!

By the way, the 17lb goal is just for this 3 month challenge. I hope I've done that correctly. A long way still to go after this!

Best wishes, Everyone.

Tipperary 0.6kg/6.5kg
Boofle 6/21lbs
purpleorc 4lbs/10lbs
MissThomas
Pratainua 0/10lb
LittleElle
Halley -1lb/8lb
DeeOne_UK 0lbs/14lbs
Simone45 0lb/16lb
SmallSteps97 1.8lb/17lb

Week 1 of the challenge down. Not a wonderful loss, but going in the right direction...

Also had a victory over my own laziness this morning. Went for a half hour walk while still fasting. The health gurus on Youtube say this is especially good for obese people, as it takes fat from the liver for fuel. I have NAFLD as well, so it must be plus plus all the way!

By the way, the 17lb goal is just for this 3 month challenge. I hope I've done that correctly. A long way still to go after this!

Best wishes, Everyone.

Tipperary 0.6kg/6.5kg
Boofle 6/21lbs
purpleorc 4lbs/10lbs
MissThomas
Pratainua 0/10lb
LittleElle
Halley -1lb/8lb
DeeOne_UK 0lbs/14lbs
Simone45 0lb/16lb
SmallSteps97 1.8lb/17lb
Well done.
Yes you have done it correctly. We put down the amount we would like to reduce for this challenge.

Well done @Shrinkingvioletnomore. 1lb lost is a good result. You are moving in the right direction which is a great thing.
And well done @SmallSteps97 on your loss too. Another move in the right direction.
@Simone45 hopefully you will see a loss next week but a STS is not a bad result.
@boofle great work surviving 10 days of isolation. That must have been tough. It is easy to see how you would have gained. You will have it lost in no time.

Well I have gained 0.6lb this week which I would have been very disappointed with if I hadn’t weighed myself on Monday and seen I was up 2.2lb at that stage so I am taking it a a slightly better result than Mondays. It is still a gain though. I am having problems with my legs so cannot walk which is really getting me down. I am finished last round of meds and due to start new ones which will hopefully get me back on track. I need the exercise.
Wish me luck. I would love to see a loss next week.

Sts for me this week

Tipperary 0.6kg/6.5kg
Boofle 6/21lbs
purpleorc 4lbs/10lbs
MissThomas
Pratainua 0/10lb
LittleElle
Halley -1lb/8lb
DeeOne_UK 0lbs/14lbs
Simone45 0lb/16lb
SmallSteps97 1.8lb/17lb

Sts for me this week

Tipperary 0.6kg/6.5kg
Boofle 6/21lbs
purpleorc 4lbs/10lbs
MissThomas
Pratainua 0/10lb
LittleElle
Halley -1lb/8lb
DeeOne_UK 0lbs/14lbs
Simone45 0lb/16lb
SmallSteps97 1.8lb/17lb
It may feel a little disappointing with sts but always a win in my eyes when you don't gain. Tomorrow is another week and that can bring favourable results.

I have decided when school breaks up next week i am going to join gym on no commitment basis. This means i can attend the aqua classes and swimming which is all i am interested in xx

I have decided when school breaks up next week i am going to join gym on no commitment basis. This means i can attend the aqua classes and swimming which is all i am interested in xx
good for you boofle , a great plan which will fit into your life style :)

Back