Minimins Refeed Diary!

Minimin

Wants to Maintain Gd!!
I'm getting worried about the loose skin I am getting around my stomach and breasts and underarms and I'm really wanting to join the gym and tone up but also want to do cardio and weights to tone - but I lacked energy last time I tried but was ok with weights. Basically I am happy with my weight but not happy with how my body looks? I was hoping another stone may help?

The dilemma now is do I start refeed now (with some tuna salad in the evening) and then start a new gym membership for 12months (as I wanted to originally when I finished LT) today and begin a bit of exceriise to lose the last stone or so I need to lose. Ideally would like to be around 9st9lbs.

I am excited about being able to have a meal today but I think I would also be refeeding for quite a few weeks....

-----Started refeed yesterday:

19/3/2010
--------------
Breakfast
- Lipotrim Strawberry Shake (Medical forumla)

Lunch
-
Lipotrim Strawberry Shake (Medical forumla)

Lunch
- 70g of canned Tuna Brine (drained) with some sweet salad, red pepper, spring onion and sprinked with some ground peppper.

Liquids: 2 1/2 Litres of Water

Felt nice having a meal and started to notice my cravings come back later on in the day. Weird but nice in a way.

Checked for Ketones on 20/3 AM and showing pinky/purpley.

Thank you all,

- Minimin

Last edited:
Hiya just read your post and I am in the same dilema. I really want to loose another stone and tone up but not sure if lipo is the way to go or diet and excersise. My belly is a bit flabby and I want it to go! Would it just disapear if I loose the weight on TFR or do I need to start excersising? Last time I did lipo I was worried that excersising was going to hinder my weight loss.

You have done brilliantly : ) I read somewhere that it can take a year or more for your skin to adjust to your new shape. If you take another stone off, you will probably have more loose skin. Bit of toning up wouldn't go amiss I suppose but remember that muscle weighs more. Think it also depends on your age and the elasticity of your skin. Doesn't tuna taste fab after all those shakes? yum yum : )

Day two

Wow sorry I have not posted on here a few days, been hectic.

Checked for Ketones and showing pinky/purpley.
Home scales showing this AM - 63.8KG

So here is day two;

20/3/2010
--------------
Breakfast
- Lipotrim Strawberry Shake (Medical forumla)

Lunch
Small chicken breast with salad, onions, peppers

Dinner
- 70g of canned Tuna Brine (drained) with some sweet salad, red pepper, spring onion and sprinked with some ground peppper.

Liquids: 2 Litres of Water

Felt nice having a meal and started to notice my cravings come back later on in the day. Weird but nice in a way.

Also joined the gym for a year today and speny 45mins on the weights and 10mins on bike

Last edited:
Day three

Day three
Home scales showing this AM - 63.5KG

Got weighed this morning around 12noon and my weight went down from 66.4Kg to 63.9Kg altho the chemist scales were playing up last week!

So here is day three;

21/3/2010
--------------
Breakfast
- Lipotrim Strawberry Shake (Medical forumla) - quite late, around 12.40pm

Lunch
Small chicken breast with salad, onions, peppers & two small new potatoes - followed by one mug of tea using PG tips and skimmed milk

Dinner
- 70g of canned Tuna Brine (drained) with some sweet salad, red pepper, spring onion and sprinked with some ground peppper along with a cup of tea after (same as above)

Last edited:
Day four

Now this is where it get's interesing lol!

I decided to take and plunge and try the Caramel Maintence Bar free sample, and oh my gosh, it was very tasty! I was shocked and actually felt like I was cheating! I immediately got on the phone to Lipotrim and ordered a months worth!

Day Four:

Home scales showing this AM - 63.6KG

Got weighed this morning around 12noon and my weight went down from 66.4Kg to 63.9Kg altho the chemist scales were playing up last week!

So here is day four;

22/3/2010
--------------
Breakfast
- Lipotrim Maintence 60g Caramel Bar

Lunch
Small chicken breast + 3 baby potatoes with salad, onions, peppers

Snack
1/4 of an apple - made me hungry for around 1 hour after :X

Dinner
- 70g of canned Tuna Brine (drained) with some mixed salad, two portions of Green Giant Niblets, two portions of microwaved baby mushrooms (gorg) and sprinked with some ground peppper. Also with a nice helping of Petit Pois (never had these before but very nice!) along with two baby potatoes.

Snack
1 slice (42kal) wholemeal brown bread plain toasted with a cup of tea after (same as above).

I don't know why but I felt like I had too much for my dinner :( Feel quite guilty.

I went Tescos this PM and got home quite late and had my dinner @ around 930pm. Enjoyed the meal tho very much.

I also bought some prawns from Tesco and have in the freezer for defrosting, first time ever bought them. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for these tmrw? I was thinking Fromage Frais 100g with prawns and some salad and baby potatoes and sweetcorn for lunch and maybe a chicken salad for dinner.

Also I spoke to Lipotrim a few times today while ordering the maintence bars and learnt somethings about refeeding;

• On refeed you can have any tea you like does not have to be only green as long as you use skimmed milk
  • You can have a full can of tuna (130g drained) if you like altho I only manage half a tin
  • You can consider vitamins after refeed but they are not really required as your getting most of the things from what your eating
  • The sugar content of the caramel bars are to help keep the blood sugar level down and keep you full for longer and is nothing to worry about
  • Altho not stated, you can have eggs during refeed from the start, you can replace these at meal times for the potatoes or chicken etc - only boiled eggs. Limit to 3-4 eggs a week
  • You can have portions of Green Giant sweetcorn niblets in your refeed program - i was shocked as they taste so sweet!
  • Best to avoid fruit in the first week of refeed as it can trigger hunger
  • Only use the maintence formula after day 7 although you can swap and change during refeed if you have the diet formulas left...
  • Don't add any EXTRA as this will slowly add up
  • Ketosis may be present for first days but will level out during the week
  • Once you started eating again, the loose skin usually tightens up as your replacing your glycogen stores, so you should give this time....

Hope this helps people. Wow i'm full as I had my dinner late.

Anyone have ideas for prawns and lunch tmrw. Is it true that if I have the Fromage Frais in the lunch I cant use Tuna fish in there aswell or prawns?

Thanks for reading

Day 5

Day five
- Did 100 situps this AM with weight sitting on my tummy.

Ketones - Traces (very light pink)
Home scales showing this AM
Weight today - 63.5Kg

23/3/2010
--------------
Breakfast (around 650am)
- Lipotrim Diet Formula Strawberry Milkshake (miss the caramel bar!) + 1 42cal wholegrain bread slice + 1/4 cup of tea with skimmed milk - didn't finish as was not very nice!

Proposed Lunch
Tried to prepare this......(not very well though)....
3261_MEDIUM.jpg

Warm rice & prawn salad from BBC Good Food

I added (created 2-3 servings);
210g cooked and peeled prawns
50g green giant sweetcorn
50g cucumber
25g sweet red pepper
10g spring onions
30g baby mushrooms
sprinkle of mint and black ground pepper
40g petit pois
20g leaf salad
sprinke of salt
1 mug of brown rice

Made this AM to take with me for lunch and may have for dinner again.....only tasted a bit of the rice to make sure it was cooked, don't think it turned out gr8 tho, bland. Took a pic if anyone wants to look.

This was quite nice but the portion size was quite big! It a bit bland but i loved the prawns and flavour (never made prawns before). Felt quite full after and took about 25mins to eat it! (was peating slow and putting spoon down after each spoonfull). Had this around 12-1pm.

Dinner @ around 6pm
Reduced what I had here due to quite big portion of lunch earlier! Had around 75g of plain tuna (with nothing added) apart from a handful of plain baby mushrooms microwaved.

Nothing else from here on wards apart from water.

Liquids: 2 1/2 Litres of Water & 2 Mugs of Tea with Skimmed milk

Last edited:
===Day 6

Day six!

Ketones -
Increased a bit a fallible
Home scales showing this AM Weight today - 62.9KG (don't know whats going on there)

Tablets,- normal meds plus 6 fibresure caps

24/3/2010
--------------
Breakfast (around 930am)
Proposed;

- Lipotrim Diet Formula Strawberry Milkshake (miss the caramel bar! - it suppoused to be coming today!) + 1 42cal wholegrain bread slice + 1/4 cup of tea with skimmed milk.

Lunch
Same as yesterday (had a portion in the fridge too), quite big portrion too!
3261_MEDIUM.jpg

Warm rice & prawn salad from BBC Good Food

I added (created 2-3 servings);
210g cooked and peeled prawns
50g green giant sweetcorn
50g cucumber
25g sweet red pepper
10g spring onions
30g baby mushrooms
sprinkle of mint and black ground pepper
40g petit pois
20g leaf salad
sprinke of salt
1 mug of brown rice

Dinner @ around 6pm?

Afternoon snack;
Handful of microwaved baby mushrooms with one boiled egg cut in slices with a sprinkle of black pepper - NICE! First egg for months! Was feeling peckish here but didn't want dinner yet (was around 3pm).

Dinner;
Two small chicken breast slices with mixed salad of mushrooms, 2 baby potatoes, salad, cucumber, black pepper, and a 125g of Tesco's framage frais to create a nice dressing!

Liquids: 2 3/4 Litres water + 2 Tea skimmed milk

Last edited:
Hi. This question has been going around for a while now as to whether you are allowed Lipotrim MAINTENANCE formulars from day 1 of refeed or do you have to stick with regular Lipotrim formular?

I was wondering this cos when I did refeed recently I was using maintenance formulars and this might be part of the reason I gained weight on refeed.

Do you have any idea?

Hi Taylor,

I did cheeck with Lipotrim and they are allowed right from the start and are in the refeed plan, however they recommend you definately come off the diet shakes after week 1 of refeed because the mechanism it uses (ketosis) no longer works correctly as your eating again. The bars use a special formula where the contents are absorbed slower and therefore keep you full up longer.

Hope this helps :)

======= Day 7

Day Seven!

Ketones -
Decreased to traces (light pink)
Home scales showing this AM Weight today - 63.4KG! (don't know whats going on there either - framage frais? or the boiled egg yday snack?)

Tablets,- normal meds plus 6 fibresure caps

25/3/2010
--------------
Breakfast (around 930am)
Proposed;
- Maintence Bar! Yum! with 0.5 litres of water and normal tabs

Lunch
Mussel Meat (cooked - tescos) mixed Prawn and Salad with 215g mushrooms, 1/4 green peppers, 1/4 cucumber, 2 rods spring onions, 1/3 can of petis pois peas, 200g of Mussel Meat and 200g of Tesco Prawns, + 1/2 can of Green Giant Niblet Sweetcorn

Some black pepper and mixed salad leaves. = Made a big portion again so could have for lunch tmrw too.

Put into plastic containers and had for lunch and was tasty. Heated up for 2mins.

Don't know about the calories for this though? Any ideas?

Dinner; Yet to be had, but hopefully around 720pm!
[
Had two chicken breasts weighing 5oz in together and with some small side salad of mixed leaves, onions, pepper and black pepper, and cucumber
]

Liquids: [2 litres of water and 3 cups of tea with skimmed milk]

Closing thought.....looking forward to caramel bar!

Last edited:
Minimin, your refeed seems to be going well for you. Keep an eye to your portion sizes, if you are concerned about eating too much. Either use a smaller plate or make sure your portion just fills the centre of a larger plate.

========Day 8

========Day 8 Day Eight
Checked for Ketones and showing fallible (light pink bit darker then yesterday but think was due to the water I had late night).
Home scales showing this AM - 62.3KG
100 stomach crunches in the morning before any breakfast

So here is day eight so far;

26/3/2010
--------------
Breakfast
- 1 Cup Skimmed Milk Tea PG Tips
- 2 Slices of Wholemeal Bread at 48 kcals each
- Lipotrim Caramel Maintence Bar

Lunch
2nd Portion from yesterday of mixed Mussel Meat and Prawn salad (see day 7 lunch) heated in Microwave.

Dinner
Small 2 piece =6ozchicken breast with salad, onions, peppers around 4-5pm

Liquids:
1 3/4 Litres of water, 2 Cups Tea with Skimmed Milk, nothing eaten after 5pm.

Last edited:
Hiya just read your post and I am in the same dilema. I really want to loose another stone and tone up but not sure if lipo is the way to go or diet and excersise. My belly is a bit flabby and I want it to go! Would it just disapear if I loose the weight on TFR or do I need to start excersising? Last time I did lipo I was worried that excersising was going to hinder my weight loss.

I would say carrying on LT trying to lose 'flab' like me, after thinking hard and speaking to lipotrim and other people, I think your just going to end up with more flabby skin if you try and 'tone' using LT. Also you could risk simply losing muscle muslce from major organs. Your much better off starting refeed and excercising to tone to actually turn your skin more toned up and also the refeed will help fill out some of the fat (so say Lipotrim). Its up to you at the end of day, hope you make the right choice.

Day 9

Day 9 Refeed
Checked for Ketones and showing fallible (peachy pink bit darker then yesterday but think was due to lack of water yesterday.

Home scales showing this AM - 62.6KG
Excercise: around 5miles on the mountain bike!

Quite peckish this AM at 8am, as had dinner very early last night and it was a smaller portion to bigger portion of mussel meat prawn salad at lunch yesterday.

So here is day 9 so far;

26/3/2010
--------------
Breakfast (8.45 - 9.45am)
- Small handfull of babyMushrooms microwaved and 1 boiled egg sliced with a sprinkle of black pepper.

Lunch
-
Lunch
Mussel Meat (cooked - tescos) mixed Prawn and Salad mushrooms, 1/4 green peppers, 1/4 cucumber, 2 rods spring onions, 200g of Mussel Meat and 200g of Tesco Prawns, + 1/2 can of Green Giant Niblet Sweetcorn

Dinner:
Had two chicken breasts weighing 5oz in together and with some small side salad of mixed leaves, onions, pepper and black pepper, and cucumber.

Desert;
First bit of fruit, some slices of banana along with red grapes soaked in a couple spoons of framage frais (added around 20-30 grapes - nice) - felt bloated afterwards - argh extra portions as grapes were so nice! 4-5 large strawberries later (knock effect tmrw i guess) - WARNING FRUIT SUGAR IS ONE OF MY TRIGGER FOODS!!

Liquids:
2 litres plus 2 tea with PG Tips Skimmed Milk

Last edited:
Day 10

Day 10 Refeed
Checked for Ketones and showing negative (think this is due to the fruit binge late last night)! and also some peas.

Home scales showing this AM - 63.1KG

So here is day 10 so far;

28/3/2010
--------------

Lunch (proposed from yesterday)
-
Lunch
Mussel Meat (cooked - tescos) mixed Prawn and Salad mushrooms, 1/4 green peppers, 1/4 cucumber, 2 rods spring onions, 200g of Mussel Meat and 200g of Tesco Prawns, + 1/2 can of Green Giant Niblet Sweetcorn
+ half mug of brown rice boiled
+ 2nd mug of skimmed milk tea

Dinner:??
6oz chicken breast with 2 small baby potatoes. and small portion of cucumbers, salad leaves.

Desert; - BIG NO NO TODAY WITH NO FRAMAGE FRAIS!
Still had a few spoons of framage frais with 2 handfuls of red grapes.
Then had a packet of hula hoops x2 and 2 green apples.
Also ate my portion of chicken breast for tmrws lunch with 2 small potatoes as was so hungry :X

Also 3 glasses of low fat apple juice and packet of walkers salt n vinegar french fries. - OVEREAT ALERT!!

For the next few hours had bad stomach cramps and felt like I was going to be sick bt just wouold not come out. Like bad gass. Had some home remedies and 1 codoamal. Managed to get to sleep after alot of pain.

Fell asleep and then felt really peckish for a snack - ran out of skimmed milk so had a mug of full fat milk with 3/4 pack (10-15 biscuits) of digestive thin tea biscuits.

Liquids:
1 Litre water so far! 3:31pm

Last edited:
Day 11 Day 11 Refeed
Didnt check for ketones.

Home scales showing this AM - 64.8KG - EKKKK!

So here is day 10 so far;

29/3/2010
--------------

Lunch (proposed)

Dinner:??

Desert; - Definately nothing today and no fruit either! Should have listened to LT woman!

Liquids:
0.5Litre water so far! 11am

I thought I was being good on refeed by eating lots of fruit but it probably contributed to the weight gain, thought I was eating healthily but that's not always the case. If you do get the munchies whilst on refeed then what do LT recommend is the best thing to snack on.....if you CAN snack that is?

Yeh seems to make me more hungry the fruit. Im going to try water first see if that makes the hunger go and wait at least 20mins after a main meal before deciding to eat again. Increasing maintennce bar to 2x a day today aswell.

Back