Minimum calories?

ColJack

Gold Member
Hope you don't mind me popping over from the SlimmingWorld forums..

I don't count calories specifically but is there a minimum amount that I should be aiming for?
I have the MFP app and use that to record what I eat sometimes.
with my details entered ( 6ft 4, 284lbs )and a weekly "goal" of 2lbs ( won't let you aim for more.. ), it says I can eat 2140 cals a day ( presumably that would be 3140 to maintain my current weight? )..
some days I'm not eating more than 1500 and on the odd occasion I haven't even made it above 1200..

I'm just worried that if I don't eat enough I'll stall / slow my metabolism??

I would sticm to minimum calories. I loat weight with weight watchers years ago and if i didnt use all my points one week, i would gain weight or sts the next week when i did use them all. My metabolism is sensitive to change, i lose weight quickly but gain it quickly to

I think for a man it's meant to be 1500 a day as a minimum. Not eating enough can slow down your losses, I know that I lose better sticking to 1200-1300 than if I have 1000 each day.

Agreed with previous posters! I think if you go TOO low, you're just setting yourself up to put all the weight back on once you finish your diet, because your body is used to squeeeeezing every last bit of nutritional content from a small amount of food.

I appreciate it can be frustrating, because we all naturally want the weight to come off as quickly as possible. But a little bit of patience can go a long way. It's better to go slower, do it RIGHT, and KEEP the weight off, than dropping too low and being unable to maintain it.

ColJack said:
Hope you don't mind me popping over from the SlimmingWorld forums..

I don't count calories specifically but is there a minimum amount that I should be aiming for?
I have the MFP app and use that to record what I eat sometimes.
with my details entered ( 6ft 4, 284lbs )and a weekly "goal" of 2lbs ( won't let you aim for more.. ), it says I can eat 2140 cals a day ( presumably that would be 3140 to maintain my current weight? )..
some days I'm not eating more than 1500 and on the odd occasion I haven't even made it above 1200..

I'm just worried that if I don't eat enough I'll stall / slow my metabolism??

Whats mfp app??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I added yday and todays menu and im way over 1200 calories a day beans are free on plan but 337 calories or sumat per tin lol but they are ss cunfused much

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back