Minis CD meet up?

Where would you want a meet to be held?

• London

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Midlands/Central England

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
i have taken her along on a meet before but if the plans to meet up in a club or pub then probebly not a good idea ( i got us kicked out a pub in the day time on a previous minimins meet )

Hi all,sorry to interfere,but have been reading this post and someone mentioned Broad Street,which is where the Taurus family are off to this weekend- (yes folks that's right my lively 3 year old is coming along on our valentine's wknd-cos we love him so much too and Mr T only really see's him monday ,friday and weekend due to work).
Anyway sorry to waffle(I'm queen of the wafflers), but although I am not coming on the meet up thought I might be able to put Sumayyah's mind at rest-I have been on the old tinternet looking up places to take Master T and there appears to be a lovely area called The Brindley Centre very near to Broad Street with a lot of Family cafes and bars,also a sea life centre near by.
Anyway hope that's of some help to you all.
ps Broad street also meant to be very close to train station.
pps still on my hamster wheel of 4st10 loss and halo slipping weekends-planning a strict SS+ t-total march when back from my holiday x

Broad Street is a good idea I think, pretty easy to get to from any of the stations, shanny can you recommend a cafe down there? I still don't know Birmingham that well really. Claire bringing Kaya along is fine, we'll make sure it's a place where children are welcome :) Thanks for the tip MrsT, will check out the Brindley Centre, hope you have a lovely weekend!

Ok So here I am.. (no applause needed) ;)

First of all, it is down to me for not seeing CG thread about a Birmingham meetup. To be honest, I am by nature a lazy lass and I ususally only read the first page of threads in the CWP forum.

Even though the UK is a snall place, traveling far distances can be a bug bear and expensive too. It is good that there will be 2 meet-ups so more people can be involved (which is the point really!!)

Just for Clarity: The London meetup is on the 20th March at 2pm in Starbucks in Covent Garden, easily accessed by Covent Garden tube. I am happy to provide a map/directions to anyone who needs. Additionally there are usually street performers and a market there we can have a wander around if we get cabin fever in Starbucks.

Now to address "the rest"
- If anyone has an issue with me it would be great if the could address me directly via PM. That way, whatever differences there are can be sorted.
-This is a place of peace and understanding for many people, all with the same purpose, to lose weight/get healthy. It seems to me that if 2 people have an issue, it might be best to ignore the person that annoys you
-If the general populous of Minimins chimes in when they see 2 people having a spat, it just kind of escalates into something major. Maybe it would be better to not involve ourselves in something unpleasant

In any case, there is plenty of room for loads of meetups and I am sure some lucky folks who are blessed to be between Birmingham and London will be able to attend both

Wouldnt it be great if someone could organise one for our Scottish friends?

okaaaay. not pleasant reading at all.........!

is there a date for the meetup in brum yet?

Birmingham meet up 10th of April, 1pm, is that a good time? Place to be confirmed!

lol it's in the day hun lol. i wasnt thinking of any clubs lol. is it a meet where people are SSING??? so drinks only?? and not wanting to be around foods?? which i totally understand by the way.!!

or a light chicken breast/ green salad light lunch meet??? lol lol then i can think of places caroline. xx

I think that no food would probably be a better option, then it leaves it open for those that are on SS. There's always the starbucks in the pallasades, nice and easy to find from new st station! What do you think?

Evening caroline i was in town today and member the meet how about (starbucks, on the HIGH STREET) less then 2 minute walk from train station. opp ZARA and the bull ring.!
startbucks is in the book shop WATERSTONES a big sitting down area upstairs too.???
what u think?

Hi
I did post on the other meet up thread about London but think that is a bit quiet - seems like there is plenty of action ;) on this thread so........I'd like to come too - pweese ?!:)
Was wondering though if there is anyone that would be around Liverpool St to meet me ? I'd be coming from Norwich & train gets in @ 12.54pm - I'm really pants @ train stations & have no sense of direction - if anyone else would be there so we could go to Covent Garden together....................

Hello Fitz be nice to meet you im in birmingham but i will watch and see if anybody coming your way.!

Fitz this is a BIRMINGHAM meet there is a London meet next month i think.x

Hey Fitz, I might be coming to the London one as long as I'm not having to work, I won't be getting into Liverpool St but I'll happily come and meet you so you can find your way to Covent Garden! So if you haven't found anyone else, let me know and as long as I'm coming, I'll come to meet you. I should know this week about work!

Shanny, I haven't been to that Starbucks, but sounds good to me! :)

Thanks Caroline - that would be good - thanks :)

were now making a whole weekend of the birmingham trup as its just days after my birthday so might just be me at the meet and my sis and bro in law will hang about with him and kaya till im finished :)

Aww that'll be nice Claire, I can recommend the Sea Life Centre, I'm sure Kaya would love it there!

I probably will be going from Brum to London, but might be down for a couple of days before to see friends and my sister, try make the most of the trip, not sure yet.

So, 10th of April, 1pm, Starbucks in Waterstones... is that the deal?

Back