MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Morning all, what a cold day it is! I'm off work today and thank god after an awful nights sleep :( and after yesterday's food attack I just want to get WI done tomorrow and start a fresh. I'm becoming a bit lazy the closer I'm getting to target and I shouldn't be.

Mothers birthday on Friday and I was on the phone to her yesterday about it. She was saying 'we'll put on a spread because it's easier, going to pop to iceland and get some of those greggs sausage rolls, pate, breads and things. If you want to bring your Indian bits like last time that'll be nice'. So hurdle on Friday. And it's bank holiday weekend, guarantee my buddy will want to go out on the sauce. I don't want another crappy WI week though like this week will be :(
Think I'll make some pasta and pesto with veggies to take to my mums to bulk up my food with low syn yumminess. I might just say to my mum don't go crazy on the food front because I'll bring my own. I know there will be birthday cake too. Humph.

I know I can sound like a moaning ninny at times... I know it's my own fault at not being at target because I'm the one that's putting the food and drink in me. I just wanna be at frigging target!! SW site says it's predicted date for that is 20th May. So that's 19.5 lbs / 9 weeks, 2.11 lb loss a week. Ish. Gotta pull my finger out (out of the chocolate philli!) and concentrate.

Must eat something too, starved. 3 cups of coffee this morning so that's 3 syns down. Must remember them.

Stop putting yourself down missy! You've done amazingly well and you've been dropping down quite fast tbh! I can remember when I was in the same stone bracket as you and err....just look at my stats! :rolleyes: Not long to go now :)

Enjoy your week off, totally jealous! xx

The beef bourgignon looked delicious!

And I love those mini wholemeal sub rolls from M & S, it is just a shame that my nearest one is over 20 miles away:(

Minks dont b putting urself down u r only human and yeah we all love the bad foods thats y we r all here. And a girls gotta hav a social life hehe :)

Stop putting yourself down missy! You've done amazingly well and you've been dropping down quite fast tbh! I can remember when I was in the same stone bracket as you and err....just look at my stats! :rolleyes: Not long to go now :)

Enjoy your week off, totally jealous! xx
I know I'm naughty :( sorryyyyyy xx
The beef bourgignon looked delicious!

And I love those mini wholemeal sub rolls from M & S, it is just a shame that my nearest one is over 20 miles away:(
it really was lovely. 20 miles for sub rolls, that sucks!! We only have 2 left in the pack :( xx

Breakfast was fluffy cheese on toast with shallots and Worcestershire sauce. This was done using the egg mixed with cheese and it was good. Although I turned up the grill because I was impatient and hungry and it made the corners catch a little but didn't make much difference to the yumminess. Had a banana after to fill me up and add more superfree to the 'meal'.

image-479827367.jpg

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, it's so difficult sometimes. I've recently got back in target after being just a few lbs out of it, & I know it took me longer to get back to target than it could have done & it's all because I like a glass of wine at night & sometimes I want a treat (usually extra bread for toast), but that's my choice & like you said you are making the choices what you eat.

Do you write a menu for the week? it doesn't work for me but maybe that could help. Sorry I do read you diary but not sure if you do a diary for the week or not!

You don't need any of us to tell you how to get back to target you know exactly what to do, but we can be here to support you.

Hey Minks,

Have a lovely week (exc. tomorrow) off! You lucky thing, I love not having to work although I always end up being a bad girl when I am off work, no control in place. I totally understand what you are saying, its almost as if the target is taunting you and your mind (or is it your desire) is fighting it. Not that I know what being a target is like, but I am the same every time I have a good loss like this week, ever since I weighed in and saw that I lost three pounds I have been naughty !! It makes no sense, I know, its a bit like there is a devil inside that is telling my whole being to just be bad! Weird.

You will get there, it doesn't matter if its not when the SW prediction says it should be, its when you get there that matters! Easter is such a hard time of year, together with Christmas, sweet stuff is rammed under your nose. I know this week is going to be hard for me, but then so is the next week and the next week and so on and so on. Don't be too hard on yourself, like everyone else has said, your stats tell the real story - you have done "ucking amazingly well. Its the day to day business of being strict that gets you down.

I was just going through the last mag and realised I haven't actually made anything from it. Couple of things I want to try now but not like OMG I must have it if that makes sense. Hope this ones slightly better xx

I thought this too! Not made anything out of it nothing caught my eye. Looking forward to getting the new issue in Wednesday x

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, it's so difficult sometimes. I've recently got back in target after being just a few lbs out of it, & I know it took me longer to get back to target than it could have done & it's all because I like a glass of wine at night & sometimes I want a treat (usually extra bread for toast), but that's my choice & like you said you are making the choices what you eat.

Do you write a menu for the week? it doesn't work for me but maybe that could help. Sorry I do read you diary but not sure if you do a diary for the week or not!

You don't need any of us to tell you how to get back to target you know exactly what to do, but we can be here to support you.
Hey HH, thanks for stopping by. I've never been at target but it's definitely where I aim to be soon - she says :D I do try weekly menus but I always change my mind on things, get a craving for a certain dish and have to make it. It's the picking that's become bad! It's not like I'm sat gorging myself at all, but it's the little extras that add up. I just need to stop. Or rather acknowledge when I'm doing it and why.

Well done on getting back into target Hun xx
Hey Minks,

Have a lovely week (exc. tomorrow) off! You lucky thing, I love not having to work although I always end up being a bad girl when I am off work, no control in place. I totally understand what you are saying, its almost as if the target is taunting you and your mind (or is it your desire) is fighting it. Not that I know what being a target is like, but I am the same every time I have a good loss like this week, ever since I weighed in and saw that I lost three pounds I have been naughty !! It makes no sense, I know, its a bit like there is a devil inside that is telling my whole being to just be bad! Weird.

You will get there, it doesn't matter if its not when the SW prediction says it should be, its when you get there that matters! Easter is such a hard time of year, together with Christmas, sweet stuff is rammed under your nose. I know this week is going to be hard for me, but then so is the next week and the next week and so on and so on. Don't be too hard on yourself, like everyone else has said, your stats tell the real story - you have done "ucking amazingly well. Its the day to day business of being strict that gets you down.
As always charley, you hit the nail right on the head. Sometimes I just put pressure on myself, other times I look in the mirror and hate what u see and that triggers off my 'I wanna be at target NOW' moan. Amazing really that when I was fat I never had 'fat days' and now I do?! Xx
I thought this too! Not made anything out of it nothing caught my eye. Looking forward to getting the new issue in Wednesday x
Glad I'm not the only one! Was interested in the bloody Mary burgers until I saw no vodka in it :D fingers crossed this ones better! Xx

I've not been too bad with food today, in comparison it's been angelic.

3 cuppas - 3 syns (or is it half a syn for the dash of milk per cup??)

Brunch - fluffy cheese on toast with shallots, followed by banana

Snack - onion rings and bacon fries 6 syns. White chocolate fondant 1.5 syns. Jelly mousse 1 syn.
Total syns - 11.5

Dinner - massive veggie stir fry with egg noodles and spicy tomato/diet coke sauce.

Have made an orzo, pesto, Parmesan and pepper dish thingy to have for lunch tomorrow. 3 syns and half a HexA if I eat the lot. If I have half then I'll count it as 3 syns instead of faffing with a HexA split. Oh and it has spinach and shallots in it too.

Waiting for the boy to come home so I can get dinner on, hunger strikes. Again.

Yeah, I know what you mean, you are being far too critical on yourself. It's not necessarily a bad thing as you are so determined to get to your goal, you just do it in your own time like you have been doing, slowly slowly catchy monkey. It's not a Mo Farah race where you pace it for the first part and sprint for the last lap. Just keep doing what you have been doing, you will get there. Xx

Minks hun I identify with a lot of what you said. The frustration at not being further ahead with weightloss and having fat days now you are smaller but never having them before. I think it is because so much of our focus now is on what we eat, what we weigh and how we look than it was in the past. I try to think (during damn fat days ) that ok, I didn't have fat days before, but I didn't have looking in the mirror and thinking "woop" days before either. So it is all swings and roundabouts.

Also YUM CHEESEY TOASTY YUMNESS!

Minkx I symphathise too as there are days that I look in the mirror and think why do I look so fat still and other day think yes I look normal now. In my fat days I used to critisied myself all the time too but punished myself by eating more of wrong food. We are human beings and we have been trained not to be happy with what we have.

Do not be hard on yourself and look at the achievement you made - you have lost a whole person and that is admirable and you look so gorgous and pretty. Please give yourself some credit, you eat lovely healthy food and are always within your syns. Knowing how determined you are you'll be there very soon. The other angle to look at it is the slower you lose the longer you can maintain.

Have a fab evening and make the most of being off work.

Thank you guys, you're all right in what you are saying and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way nor will it be the last time I do. I just need to get tomorrows WI done and start my new fresh week. Think I'm going to book up for yoga flow too for Sunday, give it a go and see if that helps with losing or at least toning.

Dinner was stir fry with some spicy tomato sauce that I chucked some diet coke into, wasn't bad actually, nice and spicy.

image-3883808454.jpg

Had a hifi bar after as my second hexb as today was a green one seeing as I've had no meat.

Just having a catch up, there's a lot to read :) you are doing fab and are such an inspiration to so many on here, also life is for living and you deserve to enjoy yourself every now and then. I think the longer it takes to lose the easier it stays off too :)
Enjoy your week off work, what have you got planned? xx

Woop for the bonus b :)

By the way, if you go for the soup book you will like the goan potato soup. Made it today and set everyone's mouth on fire :) roll on wi. I want wi to roll around too! Not long now.
Gotta love a bonus B!
I am getting the Asia and soup book tomorrow so will defo check that one out. I'm hoping the new books will give me a new zing of SW enthusiasm, along with the new mag too. Gotta take me plenty of pennies tomorrow night! Xx
Just having a catch up, there's a lot to read :) you are doing fab and are such an inspiration to so many on here, also life is for living and you deserve to enjoy yourself every now and then. I think the longer it takes to lose the easier it stays off too :)
Enjoy your week off work, what have you got planned? xx

thank you honey, just having a bleugh day, didn't sleep well and that never helps the brain go into overdrive.
Plans for the week - tomorrow working :( and WI. Wednesday the boy is taking me shopping woo! Just need a couple of staple items for the wardrobe to tide me over till I drop a size (hopefully!). Think we are going to have lunch out, possibly prezzo :). Thursday I'm going to be helping my C do her relaunch at a group in the next town so out from like 2-10pm. Friday it's my mums birthday so that'll be spent avoiding as much bad food as possible :D xx

Everyone has already said what I would have replied. Don't be too hard on yourself love, you're doing so well and have inspired many, me included.

Ps. Your food always looks so good, lots of good ideas as always xx

Dont be too hard on yourself Minx. We are all human and want everything NOW! Good luck with WI later.

Back