MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

MinkyDinky said:
Its kinda killing me at the moment - there is a whole pizza's worth of different slices in the kitchen behind me and I have just had a good 10 minute battle in my head that went a little something like this -

Nose 'oooh whats that delicious smell in here??'
Brain *Er, No. Don't even bother*
Tongue 'Go on..... you know how good its going to taste when you bite in to that cheesy, meaty dougheyness'
Brain *Tongue, do one will yer mate, it isn't going to be 'all that' when you bite into it. Remember your IBS and you don't want to upset your tummy*
Tummy 'GET. THAT. PIZZA. IN. YOU. NOW'
Brain *You, dear old tummy hush up, you don't want the cramps, constipation and cr@ps that will follow*
Unlogical side of Brain 'Go on, just one slice! No one will know, you don't have to put the syns on here, you don't have to eat it in front of any one! Look at that nice quiet corner where we can sit and eat in perfect harmony'
Me *OH FFS!!!! Just don't Frigging do it! MAN! How freaking hard can it be to not want to eat something?!*

Yeah, so its been playing around in my head for a little while and if I didn't come and distract myself by writing it down (bizarre I know....) then I would have given in I think.

Instead, going to have a cup of tea, 3 Rich tea fingers and a salt and vinegar rice cake (possibly another banana or finish off my grapes) which should distract me until I finish and then I am going to race home, make a huge yummy dinner to satisfy and then do an air fist poundy thing that they do in the movies to celebrate my not eating the pizza.

I CANNOT GIVE IN!!!!

Hahaha! Love it!!!

MinkyDinky said:
Its kinda killing me at the moment - there is a whole pizza's worth of different slices in the kitchen behind me and I have just had a good 10 minute battle in my head that went a little something like this -

Nose 'oooh whats that delicious smell in here??'
Brain *Er, No. Don't even bother*
Tongue 'Go on..... you know how good its going to taste when you bite in to that cheesy, meaty dougheyness'
Brain *Tongue, do one will yer mate, it isn't going to be 'all that' when you bite into it. Remember your IBS and you don't want to upset your tummy*
Tummy 'GET. THAT. PIZZA. IN. YOU. NOW'
Brain *You, dear old tummy hush up, you don't want the cramps, constipation and cr@ps that will follow*
Unlogical side of Brain 'Go on, just one slice! No one will know, you don't have to put the syns on here, you don't have to eat it in front of any one! Look at that nice quiet corner where we can sit and eat in perfect harmony'
Me *OH FFS!!!! Just don't Frigging do it! MAN! How freaking hard can it be to not want to eat something?!*

Yeah, so its been playing around in my head for a little while and if I didn't come and distract myself by writing it down (bizarre I know....) then I would have given in I think.

Instead, going to have a cup of tea, 3 Rich tea fingers and a salt and vinegar rice cake (possibly another banana or finish off my grapes) which should distract me until I finish and then I am going to race home, make a huge yummy dinner to satisfy and then do an air fist poundy thing that they do in the movies to celebrate my not eating the pizza.

I CANNOT GIVE IN!!!!

Hahah love it well done on bringing in your own food and being strong! X

Oh yeeeeeaah! Well done minks good job on good part of brain winning the argument! I have those all the time and half it's not just me that it takes so long for something so simple as don't eat it to sink in! Xx

Well done Minks x

ZoeSB22 said:
Oh yeeeeeaah! Well done minks good job on good part of brain winning the argument! I have those all the time and half it's not just me that it takes so long for something so simple as don't eat it to sink in! Xx

It's crazy how it took my brain so long to just say er just don't eat it!! Freaking brain :D xx

Didn't have dinner in the end. Got so wrapped up killing zombies and creatures n stuf on a new computer game that before I knew it, 10 o clock was here. Pretty hungry and OH has just tucked into White toast, scrambled eggs with cheese and curried beans. Bah to him. Seems everyone wants to test me food wise today!

Massive glass of water and bed me thinks!

So it's goodnight from Minks!! Xxx

reply re pizza

If you keep doing what you have done you will get the result you have always got.

The pizza story here is very good. It reminds me of a story one of my sw class members told me after a bad week re domino's pizza.
I have not had pizza since I started sw as I know it could lead me to have a big weight gain.

How did u make your chinese minky? Looks scrummy:) x

Wannabe-a-minime said:
Youve done really well to do that!! 10pm is often the time I get to eat my dinner - not good :(

Woken up ravenous! Lesson learnt, eat early!! If it was a Friday or Saturday night I wouldn't have minded but week nights is bit of a no no. How come you eat so late?? Work?

Oh and morning!!! Xx

gizmogirl said:
How did u make your chinese minky? Looks scrummy:) x

Hey gizmo! Chinese was a bit of a doodle actually :D

I pinched the recipe off here for the chicken, search for MadameLaMinx's syn free salt and pepper chicken. If you like it hot then stick with the 4 chillies. It is mega hot which I love, but can adjust and just put one chilli I (or even none!).

As for the noodles, I just fried off different veggies that go in singapore fried noodles - peppers, mushroom, onion, chilli, fried off with garlic and grated ginger. When softened but still has a crunch add your cooked noodles - trick here is to not over cook the noodles when you boil them or they go quite sticky and 'claggy'. I used chow mein noodles last time but if you can get vermicelli they are the beat. Anyway, add the noodles, stir it all up, chuck in a little soy sauce, curry powder and turmeric (2 tbsp of soy, 1 tbsp curry, 1/2 tbsp turm) and mix thoroughly so all coated. Sometimes I chuck in sliced sugar snap peas. Top with thinly sliced spring onions.

Seaweed! Dead easy! Soooo simple! Get a bag of sliced curly kale, spread over a baking tray, spray with fry light and a sprinkling of salt. Bake for approx 10 mins (just keep checking it, you'll know when it's crunchy rather than burnt!). Pour into a bowl, sprinkle with sweetener and serve! Delish!!

Enjoy :D xx

fablady said:
If you keep doing what you have done you will get the result you have always got.

The pizza story here is very good. It reminds me of a story one of my sw class members told me after a bad week re domino's pizza.
I have not had pizza since I started sw as I know it could lead me to have a big weight gain.

Have you tried any of the 'fake' pizzas that have been created? So many different things to be used as a base Eg smash, pitta HexB, WW wrap 5 syns, warburton thins 5 syns, warburton square wraps 8 syns, pizza topped chicken, just to name a few? We can diet and still have our cake (or pizza!!) too!
Well done on the fab loss so far :) xx

Did you get the cross trainer??? I had a quick go on one this afternoon, I loved it! Can't wait to get mine on Saturday :)

Back