MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

So sorry to hear your news minks your poor friend. I have everything crossed for her. As has already been said I'm sure she is greatful that have such a wonderful friend supporting her in this. Big hugs to u hunni x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

MinkyDinky said:
Good evening girls (and any guys still around :))

Today is a very sad day for me. I'm pretty much on the brink of tears as I write this.
A very dear and close friend of mine (bless her soul) has been diagnosed with cancer. Bam. There's that C word. Biggest b!tch about it? She is 30. Double mastectomy and both ovaries to be removed. I guess the silver lining is that she has 2 kids already?

So I'm a bit messed up and absolutely distraught if I'm honest. Sorry if I'm a little absent minded and quiet but hope you all understand ?

Lots of love to you all xxx

Bless you Minx
That must be quite a shock
and no wonder you feel distraught

Being a surviver of the big C myself ( Ovarian )
can I just say that if it's been caught in time
her chances are very very good ....
treatment now days is so much better than it was

((big hugs))

How are you feeling today minx??
Anyway I want a word with you mrs!! ;) I've only gone and got my hair cut a bit like yours!!!! :) I bloody love it!! Will take a while to get used to as its so short, but thank you!! You told me to go for it....and I did!! :)

Oh Minks, awful news. But with such a wonderfully positive and supportive friend as you she stands an even better chance of beating it. Hang in there both of you and I'm sending you all the positive vibes I can xxxx

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: So sorry Minks. Must be an awful time for you - but as Kals says they can work miracles these days. Thoughts and prayers for you and your lovely brave friend xxxxxx

Missing you Minks and hoping you're o.k. :hug99: xxxxxx

Hi guys, just to let you know I am still here. Just took a bit of time out to be with my friend and sort my head out n stuff. Feeling a bit more positive and will have to have a huge catch up with all your diaries and goings ons n what not.

Thank you all for your support and kind words - it mean a lot.

Quick update for you - my friend has her hospital appt for her operation on 31st July so that's a positive.
I have my half marathon this weekend (super nervous!) so if anyone out there wants to chuck a couple of quid to a worthy cause the link is in my signature.
I gained 2lbs last week - as anticipated after a wreckless weekend of thinking sod it all. But managed to lose 3.5 this week. Officially 3 lbs from 7 stone (or a 2 month old horse for comparison...)

So again, thank you all for being super and I will catch up with you all later.
Lots of love xxxxx

Minks lovely to see you back. It is good that your friend has a date for her operation and hopefully they will not find "C" in her body. They often freighten people and when they operate they do not find any C-cells. Then they just give her a hystorectomy and that is the end of it - luckily she has children.

Can't believe that your Marathon time is here. Have a lovely day.

Hi Minks. I'm a new subscriber of yours (pretty new to the site tbh), your writing is very entertaining and inspiring too.
Sorry to hear about your friend, fingers crossed it will end happily after the op. Sending you both a cyber huggle ♥

Back