MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

mrstore said:
Mushy peas on toast! Yum yum! That's the random kind of thing I'd have!
Glad you're back and raring to go :)

It's one of those dinners that everyone turns their noses up at but I love it! Has to have brown sauce on mind... I'm proper raring to go. I'm up to 13 s 5 and want to lose at least 4 this week. Being a very good girl - for the first time in about a month. Too much 'winging it' and no planning at all.

Massive tray of BNS, red and yellow peppers and red onion roasting in the oven, will blitz with stock to make a nice soup (oh and chilli of course!). Got me some pour and store bags so can freeze some.

Feel very hungry this morning, had a banana and got some mushrooms cooking. Think I'll have them with a wedge of the frittata and mushy peas. Tonight's dinner.... Possibly BNS risotto? Or chicken curry? Or the chicken provencal I'm making later? Hmmmm. Decisions decisions.

Heading to the cinema in a bit to see Looper... Wanted to see Sinister but OH is busy tonight and all showings are in the evening :( boo!

How is everyone doing today?! Have a fab Saturday! Xxxx

It's one of those dinners that everyone turns their noses up at but I love it! Has to have brown sauce on mind... I'm proper raring to go. I'm up to 13 s 5 and want to lose at least 4 this week. Being a very good girl - for the first time in about a month. Too much 'winging it' and no planning at all.

Massive tray of BNS, red and yellow peppers and red onion roasting in the oven, will blitz with stock to make a nice soup (oh and chilli of course!). Got me some pour and store bags so can freeze some.

Feel very hungry this morning, had a banana and got some mushrooms cooking. Think I'll have them with a wedge of the frittata and mushy peas. Tonight's dinner.... Possibly BNS risotto? Or chicken curry? Or the chicken provencal I'm making later? Hmmmm. Decisions decisions.

Heading to the cinema in a bit to see Looper... Wanted to see Sinister but OH is busy tonight and all showings are in the evening :( boo!

How is everyone doing today?! Have a fab Saturday! Xxxx

Hi Minky,

I have been a fan of your diary for quite a while now, I just have never been an active poster on here but i am trying to change that now :)

Can i just say you are such an inspiration! You have done so well on your journey but you also have such a great attitude, not to mention your cooking always sound so nice!

Anyway enough of the serenade :) I have a question; i live with my parents and brothers at home and i get handed dinners each day (which is great i know) BUT i feel really bad asking for them to be made sw friendly all the time, so i often have what they are having and just syn the sauce etc. I really want to start cooking and was wondering was there any recipes you could recommend to start off with? I dont like fish and most greens but other than that I like most things!

On a side note, i went to see looper during the week, i enjoyed it but dont know if i loved it? ha ha, soup sounds lovely that you are making but i really dont like mushy peas and could not imagine them on toast with brown sauce :O but then i suppose there are quirky foods that not everyone will like, ever try a banana and cheese and onion crisp sandwich? :) anyway its nice to finally say hello to you :) xx

Will update properly in a bit - just cooking a fat roast. Had a bit of a down day yesterday afternoon (unsure why...?) so decided to head to bluewater today and mooch about with my best friend.

Didn't think I'd come across these beauties.....

image-1927215324.jpg

image-483180979.jpg

Absolutely freaking love them! And a new pair of skinny black jeans to wear with on a night out. Defo cheered me up!!

Now to get back to the dinner... Catch you all in a bit!!!

Loving those shoes!! :) I'd end up with a broken ankle though if I wore them!!! Enjoy your tea!!! I have a scrummy stew in the slow cooker, waiting for OH to get back from visiting his family first, boo hoo!! Lol

Hi minks..........back at last and just loving them shoes!!!!!
I have been soooo off plan and really been struggling - put on so much flab and feeling downright awful but going to draw line and start back on SW healthy eating plan (not going to say the diet word lol).

Deffo be keeping up with you - my SW guru xxxxxxxxx

Hi Minky,

I have been a fan of your diary for quite a while now, I just have never been an active poster on here but i am trying to change that now :)

Can i just say you are such an inspiration! You have done so well on your journey but you also have such a great attitude, not to mention your cooking always sound so nice!

Anyway enough of the serenade :) I have a question; i live with my parents and brothers at home and i get handed dinners each day (which is great i know) BUT i feel really bad asking for them to be made sw friendly all the time, so i often have what they are having and just syn the sauce etc. I really want to start cooking and was wondering was there any recipes you could recommend to start off with? I dont like fish and most greens but other than that I like most things!

On a side note, i went to see looper during the week, i enjoyed it but dont know if i loved it? ha ha, soup sounds lovely that you are making but i really dont like mushy peas and could not imagine them on toast with brown sauce :O but then i suppose there are quirky foods that not everyone will like, ever try a banana and cheese and onion crisp sandwich? :) anyway its nice to finally say hello to you :) xx

Hey there Bettyboop! Thank you for dropping in and saying hello... oh, and some other lovely stuff too that made me smile a lot :)
Lets get down to business... You asked about food being made SW friendly. If you can batch cook, then there are so many dishes that are super easy and full of superfree, all depends what you like. Things like Chilli con carne can be packed to the brim with hidden veg (favourite trick of mine is to grate carrot and courgette into all mince dishes, it bulks it out and you barely notice its there!), Chicken or vegetable curry, 5 bean chilli, any meat/veg stew, omelettes are quick and easy and you can chuck literally ANYTHING into them. Drop me a Private message and we can have a chat there about it, more than happy to help :)

Re Looper, it was... ok. I liked it, didn't love it, thought it had 'something' missing but not sure what?
And as for Banana and cheese 'n onion crisps, can't say I have had the pleasure of trying! But I have had mashed banana on toast, which was then topped with strong cheddar and grilled. A. Ma. Zing!

Do you have a diary sweetie? Be good to have a look and see where I / we can help and keep in touch xx

All I can say minks is oh dear I'm not feeling the mushy peas on toast, for that matter I don't feel mushy peas at all! :) hope your having a Good weekend x
How can you not like Mushy peas?! Whhhaaaatt?! I was disgraced when my online shop came on friday with no top up of them :( I only have about 6 cans left *sob!* Hope you had a great weekend too sugar xx

Loving those shoes!! :) I'd end up with a broken ankle though if I wore them!!! Enjoy your tea!!! I have a scrummy stew in the slow cooker, waiting for OH to get back from visiting his family first, boo hoo!! Lol
I never used to be able to wear such high shoes, lumping about all that extra weight I had visions of me breaking the heel! Ha! They are so comfortable and look great with the skinnies. Just need an appropriate top to go with for a night out... not that I am loving shopping at the moment or anything ;) How was the stew? what was it? xx

LOVE THE SHOES!!!! I want some :) :)
Babes they are gorge and so comfortable considering the height. From Next, only £50. Get some! Do it, do it NOW!! xx

Hi minks..........back at last and just loving them shoes!!!!!
I have been soooo off plan and really been struggling - put on so much flab and feeling downright awful but going to draw line and start back on SW healthy eating plan (not going to say the diet word lol).

Deffo be keeping up with you - my SW guru xxxxxxxxx
DM! How lovely to see you back! Same here though tbh, I was AWOL for a bit but back at it and feeling great. How you been today? Have you planned your meals? Anything I can do to help sweetie? Don't feel down though, head held high, puff your chest out and accept that you were (dare I say it...) human for a couple of weeks and it happened - no use crying over eaten food. You are back on it now so lets get that motivation back up and running and get some pounds shred ay? Missed you and glad to have you back xxxx

Right, food. Was a hungry hippo yesterday and actually ate for England. All on plan, finished the day on exactly 15 syns and was more than content.

Started the day with a mini fry up. 4.5 syns for slice of toast with light butter.
'lunch' was ww petit pain, cheddar and red onion, which used HexA and HexB.
Dinner was a monster of a dish. Roast chicken, roast potatoes, BNS and carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, mini stuffing balls (3 syns), Yorkshire pud (2 syns), and gravy 2 syns.
Later I got peckish and dived into a bowl of fruit salad topped with half a total Greek split pot 1 syn and a cheeky 2 syn biscuit.
Even later (who knew there were so many hours in a day...!) I had some mini gem lettuce leaves with a tiny amount of ELF Mayo 1/2 syn and leftover chicken. Boom!

image-267830666.jpg

image-2424083916.jpg

image-2792154639.jpg

As for today, not so much has been eaten but still a nice amount of superfree.

Breakfast was plum, banana and some grapes. 2 cups of tea for 1 syn and 2 rich tea biccies 2 syns.
Luncheon I wolfed down a pot of my BNS soup and a sandwich - HexA and HexB used. Wm bread, cheddar, ham, lettuce, onion, 1 tbsp ELF Mayo 1/2 syn.
Dinner is going to be chicken, vegetable and noodle soup. It's freaking AWESOME! I love it and could have it at least once a week minimum.

image-1852616859.jpg

Got some mango for this afternoon and a strawberry total greek split pot 2 syns. I'll probably get cracking on that in about half an hour. Total syns for the day 5.5. Nay bad. And I've eaten like a Queen!

Purple*Tortoise said:
Your food is sounding almost as good as the shoes!!! ;)
Almost..... But not quite :D xx

jo-85 said:
The shoes are a-maz-ing!!! Hope you've restocked on the mushys don't want u experiencing withdrawal!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aren't they gorge? I heart them. Not been able to restock in pea's as yet, booooooooooooo! Xx

Syn and dinner update!
Had a cuppa and a rich tea finger when I got home. Dinner was a nice bowl of my chicken noodle soup, slice of wm bread for 3 syns. So up to 10.

image-985809414.jpg

Was nice... But feel a bit like I'm not satisfied. Hmmm?

Purple*Tortoise said:
Got any mini low syn choc bars?

Sounds like you just need a bit of something - mikado?

I don't have any chocolate here - apart from my hifi light bars which I have only just remembered - doh!

Ended up having half a yogurt (left over from the night before!) and 4 cheese thins. Total of 15 syns for the day.

Can tell I've been back on SW properly after a bad 3 weeks.... I am soooooo bound up! I haven't been to the loo in 4 days (y'know what I mean :()

I will be happy with a 2lb loss tonight, owing to my bunged-upness, any more would be great but I'm not gonna sweat it if not.

I'll be having low syns this week, probably try and keep them to 5 a day so I can save up for a night out Saturday.

Best get my booty moving! Heading to tesco this morning as apparently they have the big double packs of Cathedral City for £1! Mistake me thinks but I'm going to stock up on a couple! Xxx

Thanks for the fab message.......feel better already :)
Today is porridge and banana for brekkie, tuna pasta, salad and fruit for work and tonight is beef stew with whole meal bread and cheese ! (Synned of course lol)
Even better hubby is trying to lose as well and joining me - so much easier.
Take care, good luck tonight and will catch up later......want to check out your soup recipe xxxxxxx

Back