MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

xJoanneJJx said:
Mixed bean salad you say? Interestiiiiing! ;) todays food sounds good xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ha ha! Yep, told you I'd steal it!! Although I was going to use chickpeas and saw 5 bean salad and thought the different beans would be nice.... Opened the can and it smelt like hotdogs?! So bizarre but it made my tummy churn!
Hope I like it, don't see why I wouldn't as I like everything I put in there! Xx

Ha ha! Yep, told you I'd steal it!! Although I was going to use chickpeas and saw 5 bean salad and thought the different beans would be nice.... Opened the can and it smelt like hotdogs?! So bizarre but it made my tummy churn!
Hope I like it, don't see why I wouldn't as I like everything I put in there! Xx

Hmm hot dogs?! Mine was Tesco mixed bean salad in sweetener, vinegar and something else. Free though! Just added my own canned chickpeas along with some lemon juice, oil and lots of fresh herbs. Let me know how it does down! Xx

Dinner plans have changed!!

The Boy has text saying he is taking me out for dinner tonight to celebrate my loss - eek! Thank fully it is to a Thai restaurant and I have had time to check the menu just now and *think* that these are the best options, either:

Steamed Sea bass fillet - gingery sauce, shitake mushrooms and baby corn, accompanied with hot and sour thai sea food sauce
Sea Bass Pad Cha - Crispy fried sea bass fillet with aromatic spicy thai herb sauce garnished with basil leaves (can ask for the sauce to be seperate?)
Crying Beef - Grilled beef with spicy dipping sauce
Mixed veg stir fry - Baby corn, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, spring onion and spring greens stir fried in oyster sauce
Koong Prik Thai - Prawns sauteed with ground black pepper, coriander root, crispy garlic seasoned with soy
Or prawn/chicken/veggie pad thai.

I want to go as low syn as possible obviously, what does everyone think??

HELP PLEASE!!!! xxx

Mann I'm drooling!! Never had Thai though so I can't help, sorry. Enjoy your night out :D xx

I think you've chosen really well there, lovely. Pad thai is always a yummy option and the first sea bass dish sounds divine! Are you going to Giggling Squid? x

Miss_Corset said:
I think you've chosen really well there, lovely. Pad thai is always a yummy option and the first sea bass dish sounds divine! Are you going to Giggling Squid? x

I am going there!! Are you local or is giggling squid a chain I didn't know about?! Xx

Miss_Corset said:
I'm local although I think there's one in Brighton and somewhere else too. I adore the food there - it's so yum! x

No way! Where abouts?

Would you say that the food was overly oily or high syn? I really am a huge food fan (obviously) and don't want to be bad tonight but also don't want to miss out on yumminess! I know that no 2 restaurants in the same chain will cook the sane but just any help would be appreciated!! Xx

In all honesty I haven't been there since being on SW but I don't remember it being oily. Thai tends to feel healthier than something like chinese anyway, which is good. I think they put prawn crackers on the table when you sit down, so maybe ask for them not to, or they will be mega tempting!

I live in Horley, so just down the road and I worked in Crawley for years (opposite K2) so know it well! x

Is it wrong that i Youtubed an instrumental of Call Me Maybe and sang along?!

Enjoy your thai, the crying beef sounds brilliant!

Not at all! I feel a but like Freddie mercury with a sold out stadium with everyone singing along but you know with less moustache. Xx

That all sounds so yummy minks! I think if u go got a dish where u can have the sauce seperate or cooked in soy you'll b fine but just make sure u enjoy it! Xx

And you can always ask them to use less oil if they wouldn't mind. Sometimes they are helpful and are used to being asked for WW or SW versions. Sometimes they aren't!!! Just make sure there's no coconut milk/cream in it. But relax, enjoy the meal. How lovely to be taken out :candledinner:

Back