MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

I made the mac and cheese last week and it split on me,still tasted gorgeous but looked so wrong, any ideas what went wrong? :)

Hmmm, can only think that the oven was too hot. That's what tends to make the yogurt split. Maybe take it down 10-20 degrees and cook until cheese is melted? Xx

They are some bad ass carrots! :drool: xx

Hey Minks

Just been catching up over the last few days - Well done on the size 12 jacket, its gorgeous and you look gorgeous in it. How fabulous for you! Also we seem to be having similar food ideas, I made pulled pork for Saturday night's tea, I didn't do the SW one, but I found a recipe of t'internet - it was really nice and pork is my least favourite meat! Mick was in raptures and he had more yesterday and in his sandwiches today - I did buy a joint that was way too big for us, but it has lasted. I also had a choccie porridge idea as I bought some oatly choccie milk to try with the coconut quinoa pudding idea, like a chocolate quinoa pud, which I haven't tried yet, but thought that that milk with porridge and a banana would make a heavenly brekkie, I will try it tomoz.

Anyway, have a great couple of days off!

x

oh it was amazing wasn't it :) x

looks amazing x

Hmmm, can only think that the oven was too hot. That's what tends to make the yogurt split. Maybe take it down 10-20 degrees and cook until cheese is melted? Xx

Yeah because it looked fine when it was going into the oven but came out split, will defo try that thanks :) I put fried peppers mushrooms and chicken in mine too, was divine!! :) Thanks again :)

Hey Minks

Just been catching up over the last few days - Well done on the size 12 jacket, its gorgeous and you look gorgeous in it. How fabulous for you! Also we seem to be having similar food ideas, I made pulled pork for Saturday night's tea, I didn't do the SW one, but I found a recipe of t'internet - it was really nice and pork is my least favourite meat! Mick was in raptures and he had more yesterday and in his sandwiches today - I did buy a joint that was way too big for us, but it has lasted. I also had a choccie porridge idea as I bought some oatly choccie milk to try with the coconut quinoa pudding idea, like a chocolate quinoa pud, which I haven't tried yet, but thought that that milk with porridge and a banana would make a heavenly brekkie, I will try it tomoz.

Anyway, have a great couple of days off!

x
Hello lovely lady! Isn't pulled pork just so simple and amazing? What recipe did you follow? My boy isn't a fan of anything that isn't chicken so was dead chuffed to see him wolf a portion down and enjoy it. I'm gonna have some more with my dinner tonight Or with lunch tomorrow. Love it! You'll have to let us know how you get on with the choccy/oaty milk porridge. Sure it'll work! Xx

oh it was amazing wasn't it :) x
Best way to cook pork ever! X
Yeah because it looked fine when it was going into the oven but came out split, will defo try that thanks :) I put fried peppers mushrooms and chicken in mine too, was divine!! :) Thanks again :)

I'll let you know how mine goes tonight and if it works. May have to chuck me in some mushrooms along with my leeks n spring onions xx

Super hungry day, hormones must be blamed.

BUT! I've stayed on plan if a little piggy.

Had one potato made into fries with smokey sauce dip

image-2152806683.jpg

And a quick banana pancake stack (one egg, mini banana and a cherry on top :))

image-1016672903.jpg

Syns! Had a packet of velvet crunch and 2 mikados. Which is 5. After dinner I'll be having a meringue 2.5 syns with cherries and melted choc philli over the top 4.5 syns. So total total is 12. And I promise not to eat anything more!!!

Hello lovely lady! Isn't pulled pork just so simple and amazing? What recipe did you follow? My boy isn't a fan of anything that isn't chicken so was dead chuffed to see him wolf a portion down and enjoy it. I'm gonna have some more with my dinner tonight Or with lunch tomorrow. Love it! You'll have to let us know how you get on with the choccy/oaty milk porridge. Sure it'll work! Xx

I used this recipe Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork Recipe | Simply Recipes - but I never used the oil, I cut all the fat off, I put a layer of onions and garlic and a wee bit of stock at the bottom and I only had two heaped tsps brown sugar - which by the amount of pork that we had, made the whole thing negligible in syns. It was so nice. I am not a pulled pork fan, its the consistency, I know it sounds gross but it is like someone has already done the chewing for you!! But I made it for Mick as he loves it and I have to say it was really really nice. He has got some serious eating to do though as there is loads left.

I will have some tomoz morning, in fact I might just cut the porridge and do the quinoa, have that for brekkie instead, thereby saving a HEB.

Your food today looks yummy by the way!

x

Mega dinner!
Lemon chicken
View attachment 85116

garlic & chilli pak choi and cabbage (A. Ma. Zing)

View attachment 85115

Egg fried rice (no peas tho :()

View attachment 85117

All together....

View attachment 85118

One very full and happy minks.

Food update - pesto 3 syns, chicken 4, veg 2, mikado 1. Total 10 and half a HexA to nibble on - seeing as I will have 15g cheddar ;)

So much for low syns but pah, I'm allowed 15!

Hey Minks,

Hope you are enjoying your day off?

sorry to be annoying but if you get 5 mins, please could you tell me how did you do the pak choi on this dinner please? It looks j'amaze and I've got some loitering in the fridge for tonight!

And obviously amazing news about the size 12 jacket. *jealous*. Shows you all your hard work and effort is worth it.

Stacey x

Hey Minks,

Hope you are enjoying your day off?

sorry to be annoying but if you get 5 mins, please could you tell me how did you do the pak choi on this dinner please? It looks j'amaze and I've got some loitering in the fridge for tonight!

And obviously amazing news about the size 12 jacket. *jealous*. Shows you all your hard work and effort is worth it.

Stacey x
So sorry for delay Stacey!! I was out playing badminton. Hope I'm not too late! It's super quick :

Fry off 6 cloves of chopped garlic till Browned.
Pour in 250ml vegetable stock, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce and a tsp sweetener. Add 2 sliced pak choi and any other greens like spring onion or cabbage. Stir fry for a few minutes. Mix 1 tbsp cornflour with 3 tbsp water and add to the pan. This makes the sauce thicken really quickly. Add some coriander, ginger and pepper. Cook for 3-4 mins and serve.

If you've not got the ingredients I'd just stir fry it with garlic, ginger and chilli flakes with some soy sauce. Hope you get this in time! Xx

Mmm, minks, I'd eat lots if I had all the ideas you have. I must do choc porridge tomorrow.

Oh, and I cried at the shaddow dancers, mum cried and the shaddow dancers and dad cried at the shaddow dancers. You are not the only one.

phew! Glad I'm not the only one! Felt a right sap! Xx

So glad I watched last weeks BGT alone - for anyone that watched it, the shadow dance has had me in tears!

Must eat a chunk of meat and man up!

Yep. Balled my eyes out. OH thought I was going nuts! X

So sorry for delay Stacey!! I was out playing badminton. Hope I'm not too late! It's super quick :

Fry off 6 cloves of chopped garlic till Browned.
Pour in 250ml vegetable stock, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce and a tsp sweetener. Add 2 sliced pak choi and any other greens like spring onion or cabbage. Stir fry for a few minutes. Mix 1 tbsp cornflour with 3 tbsp water and add to the pan. This makes the sauce thicken really quickly. Add some coriander, ginger and pepper. Cook for 3-4 mins and serve.

If you've not got the ingredients I'd just stir fry it with garlic, ginger and chilli flakes with some soy sauce. Hope you get this in time! Xx

phew! Glad I'm not the only one! Felt a right sap! Xx

Oh bless, thanks lovely :)

I made up a little sauce but got a bit carried away and it was a bit dodge (chipotle tabasco and rice wine vinegar don't go as well together as I thought!) I will def use your recipe next time.

Hope badminton was good (sounds über energetic for a Monday) x

Yep. Balled my eyes out. OH thought I was going nuts! X
Ha ha! Bet all the woman up and down the country were in tears! Xx
Oh bless, thanks lovely :)

I made up a little sauce but got a bit carried away and it was a bit dodge (chipotle tabasco and rice wine vinegar don't go as well together as I thought!) I will def use your recipe next time.

Hope badminton was good (sounds über energetic for a Monday) x
I often do chuck together stuff and it's 50/50 if it works out :D made a curry once and put far too much ground cloves - was foul!! Xx

How was badminton?

badders was good, although my friend pulled a few groin muscles when he moved on Saturday so with that and my knee we made sure each other were ok throughout. Worked up a sweat and now just relaxing :) xx

Back