MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Where are you fancying for your hols and when xx

Lol, that's all I want to know about, not that there's no food in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So where do you fancy, I'm excited about December, hopefully we're off to Sri Lanka, if I get my bonus this month we're buying the flights with it.

'citing times:D

I have no idea where we are going! There is 4 of us and set criteria is:

*hot/still warm
*short haul
*not too expensive (my mum and fiance are paying for us!)
*not a 'party' place
*somewhere to relax, cultural or interesting places to visit
*possibly a private villa with pool

But open to all options really. Mum has bad knees so when she walks has to be aided by a stick and have regular breaks. Although me and the boy can go off on our own for a 'sight seeing day' or whatever. No one wants to drive so not remote accomodation really. There is just so much to look at and I have no idea where to start! We go 5th October for one week. We want to book next Saturday so times a ticking! Xx

You could look on weather2travel.com you put in when you are going what temperature you fancy & it gives you holiday ideas, obviously you don't need to book those hols, but it gives you location ideas. That's where I got Sri Lanka from!

Thanks hun, I'll check that one out now! Xx

Places that will be hot still are more like Tunisia/Turkey/Egypt - about 4-6 hour flights. I've been to all 3 and depending on the resort you go to, they aren't "party party!". They tend to be all inclusive if that's any good to you

I went to Portugal last year in October and it was baking :) got an all inclusive 5 night stay in Albuferia for £255 including transfers. Bargain :) I have a week off starting 7th October & we are going back this year.

I have literally spent all day looking at holidays and villas and my goodness I'm shattered!! I want to keep cost down as much as poss because we aren't paying. Mum works for BA holidays so she is also going to check hotline for any deals. Thing is, she got a weeks all inc for 2 in a 5* hotel in marrakech for 900 and same hotel spec in mexico for 1100. So I'm hoping something comes up on her systems. The boy and I really want a villa!

Foods - had a small jacket, piri piri cottage cheese and ham followed by a banana mid pm. 2 x hifi lights. HexB.
Dinner was good, had roasted chicken thigh, savoury rice, salad, boiled egg and cottage cheese. 3 mikados total for syns today.

1373828672576.jpg
1373828679594.jpg

Yep I've got to admit your own villa with pool is pretty cool, but either way if you have a nice small hotel in a quiet location like you want it will be brill. We were going to go to Egypt in December, but with all the bother there decided against it, I know they say Sharm is ok, but still I'd rather leave it for now. We were going to go to Luxor, Cairo & Dahab (just outside Sharm).

Yep I've got to admit your own villa with pool is pretty cool, but either way if you have a nice small hotel in a quiet location like you want it will be brill. We were going to go to Egypt in December, but with all the bother there decided against it, I know they say Sharm is ok, but still I'd rather leave it for now. We were going to go to Luxor, Cairo & Dahab (just outside Sharm).

I was thinking egypt too but we have said no because its too volatile at the moment. I'm holidayed out tbh, because no one has said here, here or here with a budget of x its too much to look at. I'll relook on wednesday I think xx

Big happy sunshiney hello to you all! What another gorgeous morning! Yes it sucks to be in the office today but blimey, what a difference the sun makes to your mood! Scale hop this morning shows back up to normal weight but not going to let it deter me, I knew the weekends dramatic drop was alcohol dehydration but just seeing it made me smile :D

Food today really undecided. Made some cinnamon oaty muffins (don't bother asking for the recipe, they aint good!) Which I will have for breakfast n lunch with some grapes/cherries and I have a banana. Dinner will be either chicken or el mince.

Busy day with meetings and stuff sorting out the promo so lets get cracking!! Xxxx

Hey Minks

Just catching up. Well done on your promotion, in the climate such as it is at the moment, its always good to hear news of promotions rather than redundancies - well done, hard work does sometimes pay off eh.

Holiday - if you want your own villa, try the owners direct website. I have had a couple of brill places in the past with them. We stayed in a wonderful place for the week in Rome and one in Marbella too. I know you want your own villa, but if you fancy an all inc. a couple of years ago I stayed in a place in Tenerife which was in walking distance to bars but the hotel itself was dead quiet. The food was delish and you could eat healthy if you wanted. Red/White/Rose wine was on tap from 11am - 11pm! It caters amazingly well for disabled people, specifically children - all the bungalows were on one level and all the apartments were kitted out with full on kitchens, not that you need it. It was £500 per person for the week and the weather was amazing, we went end September time. It was called Parque Cristobal and you can also get the Siam Waterpark tickets chucked in.

Congrats on the promotion, all that hard work and effort was noticed and paid off!! Well done indeed. Agree that looking at hols without narrowing down some criteria can melt your head. I always start with the country i fancy, then sort by 5 star hotels, cheapest first and go from there lol! Let's you check quickly if there are any good luxury deals to be had... x

Your holiday criteria was exactly the same as ours and we went to Caleta De Fuste in Feurteventura. Highly recommeded!!

We went to Albufeira in Portugal in October last year and it rained for 5 days so I wouldn't recommend there unless its summer months!

We're going to Benalmadena in August and got a nice deal of EUR450 each for 10 days including everything. About EUR400 for a week is always a great deal in my eyes. Try alpharooms.com

Congrats on promotion :)

Hi minks! Well done on the promotion that is fab! Sounds like a great weekend, loads of fun! I do like a little vodka (or 5!)
And 10.8! That's so amazing! Ooooh holiday sounds soooo good! I only ever seem to go long haul or somewhere to party so i can't really help! Next stop Italy for me though, so much culture. Xxx

Holiday - if you want your own villa, try the owners direct website. I have had a couple of brill places in the past with them. We stayed in a wonderful place for the week in Rome and one in Marbella too. I know you want your own villa, but if you fancy an all inc. a couple of years ago I stayed in a place in Tenerife which was in walking distance to bars but the hotel itself was dead quiet. The food was delish and you could eat healthy if you wanted. Red/White/Rose wine was on tap from 11am - 11pm! It caters amazingly well for disabled people, specifically children - all the bungalows were on one level and all the apartments were kitted out with full on kitchens, not that you need it. It was £500 per person for the week and the weather was amazing, we went end September time. It was called Parque Cristobal and you can also get the Siam Waterpark tickets chucked in.

Lol no idea why I didn't think of owners direct, that's where we advertise our place, lol, I agree it is a fab website.

We went to Albufeira in Portugal in October last year and it rained for 5 days so I wouldn't recommend there unless its summer months!

When did you go? I went 6th October for 5 nights and it was roasting! So much so I've just rebooked to go back exactly the same time :) xx

Last edited:
You've all given me some fab ideas/things to look at (especially owners direct... loving that one! So much better than james villas) as well as locations to consider. I'll narrow down to say 10 different options and then let everyone decide on saturday I guess. Mum called at the weekend to say that BA fly to the following:

Alicante
Faro
Gibralter
Malta
Palma
Ibiza
Malaga
Larnaca
Barcelona

Now barcelona is out of the picture (somewhere I want to go for a city break) so has anyone been to any of those places? Or recommend places that you can get to by flying to them? I'm still feeling the villa idea but well open to ideas :) xx

Can't give any holiday tips unfortunately as am not very well travelled or likely to be with this bank balance lol

Hows you feeling about weigh in tonight? x

I'm not hugely well travelled, mainly done long haul rather than short haul. Although have done rome, paris, gran canaria, fuerteventura, northern spain and magaluf.

Weigh in... no idea. Apart from my 2 planned nights out (which I limited alcohol and food on!) I've been really good. No syns really apart from 2 quorn sausages last night for tea and a couple of mikado. Scales have shown everything from 10.8 to 11.1 so your guess is as good as mine! I guess a STS would p*ss me off but not completely out of the question. Im hoping for the 2lb I gained last week to be off, fingers crossed! Xx

Back