MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

Happy New Year. Come back you are missed around here.

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack........Ish

Well good evening there my little mini's pals! What a long time its bl00dy been! Where does one begin?

(If you can't face reading all this, skip to below where I have put a :D)

Firstly - happy Christmas, new year and valentines day all rolled into 1! God dang that's a long time...
Secondly - thank you to those of you that have stuck around to see where I am (not here obvs) and wishing me well / happy birthday and Christmas!
Thirdly - for those of you that have mentioned it.... no I didn't get to my "target". I got my 10 stone loss and I got down to 10s 3lbs and then went on holiday... maintaining a weight of 12s now. I'm not unhappy with this and it seems like a good maintaining weight for over winter, but now I am ready to get that little bit of comfort blanket off for the summer.

SO! What has happened in my little world. Well, work has been crazy busy and I have been flitting between my office and the London office (just preparing for a 3 week stint) so that is certainly....fun? Passed my 6 month probation which was awesome and now looking to have my team expand in the next 6-12 months. Enough about work!

I turned the grand young age of 30 in December - cue one grey hair popping out but no additional wrinkles! Had a lovely time there and was spoilt rotten by everyone with lovely gifts and a romantic evening of home cooked food, prosecco and Tom Jones from my boy (yes, you read right.... Tom Jones. I Heart Him!)

I am also very excited to announce (cue the drum-roll!!!!)........................ the boy proposed! New years just after midnight after I done a fantastic of Auld Lang Syne and pranced around my mothers living room I turned round to find him down on one knee. Bless his little heart. He had asked my mums permission weeks before, she approved and asked if he had bought a ring. He hadn't because he wanted to get her approval first and she said "I would love it if you would use the my engagement from Graham (my pops) as it sealed our love and I want you to be as happy as we were in love, it would mean the world to me" (could there be any more loves in there?!) And he accepted. Lots of love and acceptances in there - sorry!
Possibly getting wed next summer!

I am off to Egypt in May to a 5* spa hotel for respite and my 30th birthday present / engagement celebration with the boy, Sweden to see friends in July and then Mauritius in November for my best friends wedding so need to get beach body ready - currently, it aint gonna cut the mustard (which reminds me, there is a Jamie Oliver 30 minute meal of mustard chicken which looks gorge and totally can be made SW Friendly!) Started going to the gym, bit of cardio and weight resistance training for toning.

One thing I have learnt over the last 6 months-ish.... I became OBSESSED with food/losing weight/hitting the scales figures that was expected of me at group/letting it rule my life. I have since quit going to group, still follow SW principles 90% of the time, ergo maintaining happily and wearing size 10-12 clothes. Great. I do want to get a stone off for holiday in May but if I don't, I don't. I will however ensure that I am smaller by Summer (not sure where because I want to concentrate on both healthy eating and fitness), purely just because I felt more comfortable smaller in the warmer weather (when more flesh is inevitably on show!) and slightly heavier in the winter. And thats fine! I pretty much follow SW Mon-Fri and then depending on if I go out drinking on a weekend (we all know I like a couple of drinks.... :p) then that makes an impact. Although I generally find I now have fruit & yogurt, eggs, homemade curry to help a hangover, but with an additional bag of hot sweet popcorn and a biscuit or 5. And Ice Cream. And Chocolate Milk. Maybe a Sausage Roll... I digress.

I feel good right now, I feel happy. I understand what I want and how to achieve it, not just in weight related issues.

Because I have been gone from here for such a long time, I will do my hardest to get round and do some form of 'catch up' on the diaries but I fear that will take, ooooooooh, until Christmas?? And I just don't got time for that. So, apologies my friends! I do care, and I would love for those that are still subscribed to chuck a little catch up for me on here. Bullet point it if you have to!

Another Sorry... for if this has totally bored you sh!tless and you have wasted time on reading this. I didn't say it would be an interesting read at the beginning, just thought I would fill you in on where I have been and did give you the option at the beginning to skip all this!

:D In conclusion... I'm baaaaaaack! Just not as obsessed. for now! Ish.

I hope you have all achieved or are heading towards what you wish to achieve (in weight loss, maintenance and/or normal everyday life!) and hope to catch up with you all.

Lots of love and squishy hugs,
Minky.
Or as some of you may know me as.... Donna
xxxxxxx

Aaaaaaaaghhhh! So good to hear off you and really hope you are going to be around more!

Fab to hear all your exciting news!!! Congratulations!

Can remember all the pressure you were under at the and am glad to hear you took your foot off the gas a bit! How did the c take it? ;)

I'm still in a similar place weight wise and trying to get to my target again for my big bday which is bigger than yours lol I am trying to go back to group but struggling around my new job/hours. Can't think of much else at the mo xxx

Welcome backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Minky fab to see you hunni -and CONGRATULATIONS to you and the boy great to hear some good news.

Im still plodding on im 4lbs to target then ill stop I think ill be happy to maintain at 11st ill still be in a size 12 clothes and that suits me. Im waiting for an MRI scan next week and depending on results may mean an op on my back booooo im still in agony.

Im gonna be a Nanna in September too yayyyyyyy she has her gender scan on April 23rd and will find out what she is having, Tres excited hehe

I think thats about all for now - its great to see you back and doing so well chick xxxx

Back