Minky's meals!

Courgette Fritters and Sweet roasted red pepper houmous

Ok, I have been crap at getting the recipes on but while the OH watches the footie I can whack these on here for you all :D

It was in last months mags so I cant take credit for them but fully recommend.

Spiced Courgette Fritters
Syns per serving 1.5 on all plans (add 6 syns if not using the Feta as a HexA)
Serves 4

3 medium courgettes, coarsely grated
200g feta cheese crumbled
2 tsp cumin seeds
A small handful of fresh dill finely chopped (I didnt have any so missed this out)
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (I added 3 frozen blocks of chilli)
2 medium eggs
2 level tbsp self raising flour
Salt and pepper
Fry light

1 - Put courgette in a fine seive and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. I used my fist as it was a pain in the butt using a spoon :) Transfer to a bowl with all other ingredients, season and mix well.

2 - heat up frying pan sprayed with Frylight. Divide mix into 8 portions, cook the fritters for 2-3 mins each side (or until golden and cooked through)

Ta Da ! done. As mentioned before, my stupid frying pan decided that they would stick etc so I just chucked it all in together, whacked in the oven and made a frittata out of it. Which tbh, was lovely like that. Just cut in to quarter and there you have your 4 portions.

Sweet roasted red pepper houmous

(this makes loads! So you may need to adjust depending on how much you want)

Drain and rinse 2 x 400g cans chickpeas and finely chop 2 cloves of garlic.
Put in a food processor with the juice of 2 lemons, 300g ff cottage cheese with onions and chives and 200g roasted red peppers in brine from a jar.
Season with salt and pepper and whizz until fairly smooth.
Transfer to a bowl, garnish with pinch of sweet smoked paprika and serve with vegetable crudites.
Free on EE or Green

Enjoy!!

Friday 24th February 2012
EE

Breakfast
Apple and banana while making:
French toast HexB with cinnamon
Pineapple, strawberries and raspberries.
Fat free natural yogurt, sweetener and lemon juice

Lunch
Same again! 1.5 syns and HexA
Chicken fridge raiders 2.5 syns

Dinner
Macaroni cheese 3 syns
(this has leeks and tomatoes in)
Extra veg - probably broccoli and cauliflower.
'Fried' mushrooms

Exercise 3.2 miles walk
Fluids couple of pints of water, 2 x diet coke, 3 fruit tea

Syns 6
HexA x1, HexB x1

image-3740763261.jpgimage-3959268796.jpg
image-2722948723.jpgimage-3952917912.jpg

Last edited:
Minky - made the sticky pork stir fry with noodles for lunch ......... Highly recommend, very quick too. Not sure about my moussaka though.....the topping was not nice, very sharp and not creamy as expected. Would definitely do the lamb mince in SW Ragu sauce again and just serve with veggies - lot less faffing about too. The recipes are in this month's SW mag x

dextersmum said:
Minky - made the sticky pork stir fry with noodles for lunch ......... Highly recommend, very quick too. Not sure about my moussaka though.....the topping was not nice, very sharp and not creamy as expected. Would definitely do the lamb mince in SW Ragu sauce again and just serve with veggies - lot less faffing about too. The recipes are in this month's SW mag x

Moussaka is bleugh! I hate aubergines and when my mum done WW years ago my dad made one for us and it was gross!! The topping was made with yogurt n stuff and we all hated it! Dad got the hump cause he had slaves over it all afternoon :D

Ragu sauce is going to be batched cooked soon too - so handy. And on your recommendation I will make the sticky pork :) xxx

Am laughing soooo much - know how you're dad feels.........that yogurt topping was rank so I scraped it off!! Trying to convince myself that I like aubergines, but I don't and was picking those out too! Guess what I'm having for tea tonight........dismantled moussaka!! Off to Frankie and bennys today for lunch with OH and hoping to stay on plan by having steak and salad. Hope you have a good day xx

MinkyDinky said:
Ok, I have been crap at getting the recipes on but while the OH watches the footie I can whack these on here for you all :D

It was in last months mags so I cant take credit for them but fully recommend.

Spiced Courgette Fritters
Syns per serving 1.5 on all plans (add 6 syns if not using the Feta as a HexA)
Serves 4

3 medium courgettes, coarsely grated
200g feta cheese crumbled
2 tsp cumin seeds
A small handful of fresh dill finely chopped (I didnt have any so missed this out)
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (I added 3 frozen blocks of chilli)
2 medium eggs
2 level tbsp self raising flour
Salt and pepper
Fry light

1 - Put courgette in a fine seive and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. I used my fist as it was a pain in the butt using a spoon :) Transfer to a bowl with all other ingredients, season and mix well.

2 - heat up frying pan sprayed with Frylight. Divide mix into 8 portions, cook the fritters for 2-3 mins each side (or until golden and cooked through)

Ta Da ! done. As mentioned before, my stupid frying pan decided that they would stick etc so I just chucked it all in together, whacked in the oven and made a frittata out of it. Which tbh, was lovely like that. Just cut in to quarter and there you have your 4 portions.

Sweet roasted red pepper houmous

(this makes loads! So you may need to adjust depending on how much you want)

Drain and rinse 2 x 400g cans chickpeas and finely chop 2 cloves of garlic.
Put in a food processor with the juice of 2 lemons, 300g ff cottage cheese with onions and chives and 200g roasted red peppers in brine from a jar.
Season with salt and pepper and whizz until fairly smooth.
Transfer to a bowl, garnish with pinch of sweet smoked paprika and serve with vegetable crudites.
Free on EE or Green

Enjoy!!

Thank you :)

My recipie didn't have cottage cheese

Saturday 25th February 2012
Green day

Breakfast
Pancake with mixed berries, lemon juice, ff natural yogurt, cinnamon and sweetener

Lunch
Apple and banana (pretty poor I know)

Dinner
Toast (WM x 2 HexB)
Dairylea triangles HexA

Syn free day cause going out fir drinks later so want damage control. Limiting myself to 30 syns which is today and tomorrow's syns. Taking 2 reduced sugar Bacardi breezers to my friends - 10 syns total. And then when in town will alternate between diet coke and vodka n dc. 5 of them babies will be 20 syns so I'm hoping I don't actually have that many!

After drinks dinner
Fried onions and mushrooms
Scrambled eggs
Baked beans
2 x WM toast HexB
2 x dairylea triangles part HexA

Last edited:
Hope you have a fab night.......I'm desperately trying not to have any wine tonight as weigh in tomorrow and not been best behaved this week - will be thinking of you enjoying your voddie xx

dextersmum said:
Hope you have a fab night.......I'm desperately trying not to have any wine tonight as weigh in tomorrow and not been best behaved this week - will be thinking of you enjoying your voddie xx

I'll have one or 2 for you sweetie :) hope tomorrow goes well and your feeling better xxx

Oh and as for recommending recipes try the macaroni cheese. With the balsamic tomatoes it's gorgeous!

Hope franky and bennies was nice too, saw you stuck to steak n salad well done and pat on the back xxx

Thanks Hun.....getting there - been never-ending! By the way, I am dismantling the last of that mousaka again for supper......that's been never-ending too!!

Quick update on Sunday and Monday's foods.
Sunday - prawn salad, sweet potato jacket, cottage cheese. Made far too much and so had half for lunch on Monday. Dinner was sausage pasta bake with lots of veggies and topped with cheese HexA. HexB was toffee bar and and had that with a banana and apple before I ate my salad. syns were the alcohol on Saturday and I had 1 sausage in pasta for 1 syn.

image-1463688991.jpg

image-1850927788.jpg

Monday
Choc philli on toast with banana, followed by mushrooms, scrambled egg and baked beans. Lunch left over salad.
Dinner was gorgeous. Done garlic, cheese and spinach stuffed chicken breast with roast veggies and potato. Topped with rest of my HexA of parmesan. Really bloody nice!
fluids my god I drank yesterday! 6 cups of ginger and lemon tea, 2 berry tea, 3 pints of water, 1 peppermint tea and 1 glass of sugarfree cream soda!

image-1336221120.jpg

Tuesday 28th February 2012
EE (mother nature calling :()

Breakfast
Melon and grape pack
Banana

Lunch
Finn crisps x 6 HexB
Lc light triangles x 5 HexA
Salad and cucumber

Dinner
Chicken and spinach curry after WI. Also taster night so who knows what else!!
Had a mouthful of chilli/tomato pasta, a tuna ball (thought it was a meatball in tomato sauce and it took me by surprise ...didn't like it at all!) mushroom quiche thingy, savoury veg rice and a slice of my curry loaf. All syn free.

Exercise 5.4 miles walked
Fluids

Syns Going to say a couple for the foods eaten at the taster night as the bacon in pasta was small lardons, and in the tuna balls breadcrumbs were used.
HexA x 1 HexB x 1

image-2379180139.jpg

image-1110883021.jpg

Last edited:
Mumma K said:
that stuffed chicken breast looks gawjus

Was so easy! Mashed up lc light triangles with crushed garlic and baby spinach leaves. Cut pocket, stuff and wrap in foil. Baked it for about 20 mins and served. Was super garlicky but I love garlic. Recommend :) xx

Wednesday 29th February 2012
EE

Breakfast
Banana
2 x hi fi light HexB

Lunch
Mixed salad - lettuce, grated carrot, red cabbage, sliced cucumber

Dinner
Cauliflower curry sauce curry
Added onion, spinach and chicken
Rice
Boiled egg