Minky's meals!

dextersmum said:
Love your pictorial food diary.......great ideas and soooo tasty. I love SW as encourages you to cook more but also allows my favourite syn free standby tomato and onion pasta 'n' sauce. I am definitely eating more fruit and veg now too xxxxx

Thanks sweetie! I never had pasta n sauce before this week but it's so handy it's unbelievable. I am a picture fiend and everyone laughs at how I take pictures of everything I eat :D I feel disappointed if I forget to, silly huh?! Xxxx

Minks ;)

Saturday 11th February 2012
Green day

Brunch
Leftovers (again!) veg casserole
HexA cheddar
Banana
WW mini chocolate roll 4.5

Fibre plus bar

Dinner
Curry night!
Butternut squash and lentil curry
Tandoori chicken (7.5 syns a breast)
Garlic rice
Onions bhajis SW styleeee

Fibre plus bar

Exercise None. It's a Saturday!
Fluids

Syns 12
HexA x 1, HexB x 2
image-1156746321.jpg

Minks ;)

Whitey27 said:
Love your diary. I have just restarted sw but it's my first time actually going to group. Your meals look delicious so I'll be pinching lots of ideas ;)

Thank you Whitey! Pinch away sweetie and good luck / well done on the restart xx

Minks ;)

Sunday 12th February 2012
M(EE)h Day

Breakfast
35g fruit and fibre HexB
Onken ff Strawberry yogurt

Mid morning
2 x boiled egg

Dinner
Roast Beef
Swede
Carrot
Green beans
Cauliflower
2 x yorkshire puds 4 syns
3 x roast potatoes 4 syns
Gravy 2 syns

pudding - eek!
Aunt bessies apple pie (1/4 of) 8 syns
custard 6 syns
1/2 glass of rose 3 syns

Exercise none... day of rest ;)
Fluids 3 glasses of water, 2 peppermint tea, small glass of rose

Syns 27 :eek:
HexA x 0, HexB x1

Monday 13th February 2012
Green day

Breakfast
Beans
Mushrooms
Tinned new pots
2 x boiled eggs
Slice WM toast 1/2 HexB

Butterscotch sweet 1 syn
Fibre plus bar

Lunch
See breakfast!! (1/2 HexB for toast)

Dinner
Cauliflower curry
Peppers
Onions
Quorn chicken pieces
Ping rice
250 ml glass ss milk HexA

Exercise 2 x 2.2 mile walk
Fluids 2 pints water, 5 peppermint tea

Syns 2.5
HexA x 1, HexB x 2
image-1659243323.jpg
image-1775467484.jpg
image-3697971339.jpg

Minks ;)

Last edited:
Minks, please could I ask.... I note that you say January was a slow month when you lost 7lbs, what do you usually hope to lose in a normal month?

spangle_2 said:
Minks, please could I ask.... I note that you say January was a slow month when you lost 7lbs, what do you usually hope to lose in a normal month?

Hey spangle. I know I said slow but it's only because I'm in a challenge and was meant to lose 2 lbs a week and because of exercise making me gain I didn't hit it. I would like to realistically lose anything from half a stone to a stone a month but then I am realistic and know I will have good and bad weeks - purely because of having a social life :D naughty alcohol! Xx

Minks ;)

You're doing so well Minks, I guess my weight loss is slow and steady and I should be thankful for that - I'm 2lbs off the 3 and a half stone mark, apart from last weeks loss of 6lbs due to illness.
Keep up the good work Minks, hope all your challenges are met.

Recommend slow cooker for easy beef stew syn free on EE - yummy, filling and warming and feeds family for 2 days!! Soften chopped onions and brown lean casserole beef in fry light. Chop any veg - today I used carrots, parsnips, swede and potatoes. Cover with boiling water and 2 beef stock cubes and leave all day!!

spangle_2 said:
You're doing so well Minks, I guess my weight loss is slow and steady and I should be thankful for that - I'm 2lbs off the 3 and a half stone mark, apart from last weeks loss of 6lbs due to illness.
Keep up the good work Minks, hope all your challenges are met.

Fingers crossed that this week you can meet the 3.5 stone! That's a fantastic achievement and you should be so proud of yourself xxx

Minks ;)

PearlAngel said:
DAMMMMMM I forgot to buy ryvita minis today!, you do so much exercise, well done you! i wish i was that motivated.

I LOVE the mini's! Spread with LC light triangles yum! My exercise is mainly my walk to and from work - luckily I don't live too far from work so just plod along with my music blasting in my ears :D have you tried any exercise? Xx

Minks ;)

dextersmum said:
Recommend slow cooker for easy beef stew syn free on EE - yummy, filling and warming and feeds family for 2 days!! Soften chopped onions and brown lean casserole beef in fry light. Chop any veg - today I used carrots, parsnips, swede and potatoes. Cover with boiling water and 2 beef stock cubes and leave all day!!

Cheers DM! Do you think a little sprinkle of chilli would be nice to give a bit of warmth? Also, I have a little issue with slow cooker cooking - I tend to have a little residual water which spreads when I serve and we end up pouring it off the plate about 3 times before eating!! Do you have this or a tip to stop it?! Xxx

Minks ;)

Tuesday 14th February 2012
EE (happy valentines day everyone!)

Breakfast
Winter one pan hash

Lunch
Winter one pan hash
Baked bean mix

Banana
Fibre plus bar

Dinner
Sunshine soup - didn't think much of this. Was waiting for 'something' but it just didn't happen. In fact, I didn't eat all of it. Only half

Exercise 1 x 2.2 mile walk, 1 x 1.5 mile walk, 1 hr badminton
Fluids 4 glass water, 4 peppermint tea

Syns had a couple of milk tray chocolates from my manager and bacon kept fat on so 10 syns
HexA x 1 (1/2 cheddar, 1/2 milk) HexB x 1
image-2380897362.jpg
image-2158764506.jpg
image-1696503243.jpg
Minks ;)

Last edited:
Whitey27 said:
Oooh can I have the recipe for the last picture please - looks scrummy! :) :)

He he it was lovely and filling.
Fry off onions, mushrooms, smoked bacon (fat removed) and sliced (canned) new potatoes. When softened and coloured add 6 whisked eggs, wait for the bottom to set, add sliced tomatoes and HexA cheese and pop in oven till browned. Done! So easy, mega filling and can give 4 portions. You can add 2 HexA of cheese so half is a full hex.

I'm having another 1/4 at lunch time with a mix of beans, mushrooms and onions and still half left for tomorrow! I might have it with mushy peas tomorrow :) enjoy! Xx

Minks ;)

OMG Minks that winter one pan hash looks devine, I will 100% use your recipe .... I'm drooling thinking about it.
This morning I'm going to try the magic pancake recipe for breakfast.
I managed to stand on my x trainer for 10 mins this morning, gradually getting some exercise back into life, will be back at work on Friday after bronchitis.

spangle_2 said:
OMG Minks that winter one pan hash looks devine, I will 100% use your recipe .... I'm drooling thinking about it.
This morning I'm going to try the magic pancake recipe for breakfast.
I managed to stand on my x trainer for 10 mins this morning, gradually getting some exercise back into life, will be back at work on Friday after bronchitis.

I would love a x trainer or exercise bike. Might take a look at freecycle. Lemme know how the pancakes turn out, might give them a try next week as I like the magic porridge so don't see why I wouldn't like the pancakes! Hope your chest is better :) xx

Minks ;)

Back