Minky's meals!

dextersmum said:
Wow Minks that soup looks amazing......and the stroganoff - drooling :)

Are you feeling better petal?? Missed you xx

I have been really behaving and am even finding SW less of a diet and more of a healthy eating plan. Just noticed that my losses seem to have slowed down and will be glad of 1 lb a week off which I suppose is slow but sure. Given my thyroid problem this is still good for me and at least I hope it will stay off - feeling so much better and the sun sure helps.

Have treated myself to an iPhone and am slowly finding my way around lol

Take it easy xx

Hello sweetie! How you doing? Not been very good here - don't know what's wrong but appetite is out at the moment and struggling to eat. Just having my dinner and maybe a piece of fruit in the day so really pants to be honest. Weekend was very boozy and spent mainly in beer gardens which is NOT the way to lose weight :D but I'll get back on it properly I promise!!

How you finding the iPhone? Great little things they are! Although be careful not to drop it! I did mine and the screen shattered :(
I'm feeling better health wise but got a trapped nerve in my right arm that kills if I move it so hoping to rest it and then I can play the 2 games of badminton I've got set up this week.
Hope you're enjoying the weather my lovely and WI went well xxx

Wannabe-a-minime said:
Hellooo minky hope you're feeling better and the pesky migraine has disappeared for good :) what type of noodles did you use in your soup and what veg?

Hey sweetie, feeling better and touch wood migraine is long gone :D
Soup was really easy and lots of veg. I sliced up 1 red and 1 White onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 3 celery sticks, cubed couple of carrots, a courgette and a red pepper. Bring to the boil in stock, reduce to medium heat, simmer till soft. I then added chilli flakes. Could probably put like a Chinesey spice or Thai flavouring in depending on what you want it taste like. Snapped up some chow mien noodles but fine egg noodles would be just as good, put them in for the last couple of minutes and voila! Serve in a bowl with some chopped up spring onion on top for garnish. I had some leftovers and they were still just as yummy. Oh and stir in some sliced/shredded cooked chicken when you put the noodles in.
Hope you're ok and enjoying the sunshine!! Xxx

Monday 28th May
EE

Day - apple
Dinner chicken and vegetable 'pie'

HexA milk
HexB 2 x alpen light

image-1604871077.jpg

Tuesday 29th March

WI Day.
Probably a million syns :(

mid am - 2 pieces of Herman/Friendship cake - they are like little bite size pieces so it wasnt like I had 2 cakes!!

Lunch
small sushi
Forced myself to eat a sausage roll. Wasn't hungry, didn't enjoy it, feel bloated and fat now and wonder why on earth I did it??

Dinner
Eurgh. Nothing probably. Maybe a yogurt and fruit.
Ate a carbonara type pasta dish. With onion, mushroom, garlic, spinach and chilli.

Note to self - GET YOUR FRIGGING MOJO BACK NOW!!!!!!!

Had a 1.5lb gain. Not too angry about it. My own fault and deserved.

HexA cheddar on dinner
HexB hifi bar

image-3081705210.jpg

Last edited:
Hope your arm is feeling better xxxx
I was gutted to gain 3 lbs ......WTF ..... How??? Had stuck to plan all week and then had a very boozy weekend in the sun which was fab, but paid the price. On checking my progress I have learnt that every month I have this blip :( and at least now I understand.....I don't have periods because I have myrena coil fitted but obviously still have the monthly cycle - never really recognised this before!
On a plus sneaky peek on scales and already back to same as before gain - so forgiven myself :)
Have a good day lovely xx

Ps love my phone even though I haven't really had chance to play with it properly!

Hope your arm is feeling better xxxx
I was gutted to gain 3 lbs ......WTF ..... How??? Had stuck to plan all week and then had a very boozy weekend in the sun which was fab, but paid the price. On checking my progress I have learnt that every month I have this blip :( and at least now I understand.....I don't have periods because I have myrena coil fitted but obviously still have the monthly cycle - never really recognised this before!
On a plus sneaky peek on scales and already back to same as before gain - so forgiven myself :)
Have a good day lovely xx

Ps love my phone even though I haven't really had chance to play with it properly!

Alcohol is great at making us retain fluids for a couple of days - stupid dehydration! But you have done so well to get back to pre gain weight and you deserve a little pat on the back.
Arm is better which is great because I am playing badminton tonight and tomorrow after work. Need to get my exercise back up and running because I have been a lazy little so and so and with a half marathon looming I need to get a wriggle on!
Hope you are having a good day sugar and the weather is still gorgeous where you are xxxx

Wednesday 30th May 2012
EE

Breakfast
Strawberries
Muller Coconut Greek yogurt 1/2 syn

Mid am 1/2 pack of veggie sushi 1/2 syn

Lunch
Chicken
Mixed Salad (carrot, lettuce, cucumber, red onion)
1 x falafel 1 syn

Mid PM 1 alpen light bar (half HexB)

Dinner
Chicken curry (Sauce consists of garlic, onions, peppers, chopped tomatoes and spices, possibly add some spinach at the last minute)

Evening snack Options 2 syns and alpen light bar (half HexB)
Biscuits!! 7 syns

HexA x 1, HexB x 1
Syns 11
Fluids as at 2pm i have had 3 pints of water and on my 4th. Better than previous days!
Exercise 2.2 miles walk, 1 mile walk, 1 hour badminton

image-2682888608.jpg

image-1078687819.jpg

image-4172853523.jpg

Last edited:
Hope you've had a lovely long weekend. I totally blew the diet but have had a fab time!!

Have restarted today - back in the 14's :( but am going to be brilliant now and deffo no more alcohol - really hoping to lose a stone by my holiday!!

Hope you've had a lovely long weekend. I totally blew the diet but have had a fab time!!

Have restarted today - back in the 14's :( but am going to be brilliant now and deffo no more alcohol - really hoping to lose a stone by my holiday!!

Oh hello sweetie!! Weekend was awesome and drank far too much alcohol but I have done lots of Body Magic and food was pretty good last week - so much so I lost 6lbs last night!! Down to 14 st 1.5 now - cant wait to get into the 13's! All I need is 1.5 lbs and that will be 6.5 stone gone forever, wooooo!

When do you go on holiday sweetie? Sounds like your weekend was very good but nothing wrong with a little gain here and there, (I had one last week) and it is not a race to hit target! As you have done, get back on the shiny jubilee wagon and be super brilliant like I know you are!

Whats the plan for you - mix of days or EE? Any Body Magic? We can keep each other company on the wagon and motivate each other? ?xxx

Ok, so food for the last week was along the lines of -

Thursday 31st , BF Banana & yogurt, Lunch Ham and chicken salad, Dinner Chicken Dopiaza, rice, chicken tikka pieces, salad

Friday 1st - BF Strawberries, Banana and yogurt, Lunch Ham salad, Dinner Alcohol.

Saturday 2nd - BF Quorn sauasages, Mushrooms, beans & scrambled egg, mid morning chicken tikka pieces, spicy chicken thigh & salad, dinner fish fingers, new potatoes, petit pois and baby carrots.

Sunday 3rd - BF Scrambled egg and beans, Lunch WM pitta and cheese, dinner Alcohol and 2 cheeseburgers (with white buns, floppy cheese and ketchup)

Monday 4th - BF Wrap pizza, lunch bolognaise and slice of warburtons wm bread, dinner Alcohol

Tuesday 5th - late lunch scrambled egg and beans & hifi bar, Chinese after WI - chicken chop suey, beef and mushrooms and plain rice.

There were hex choices eaten on all days but I just cant remember when?!
Need to get back into the habit of writing before biting :D

Wednesday 6th June 2012
EE

Breakfast
Muller greek coconut 1/2 syn
Banana & strawberry

Mid am Alpen Light bar 1/2 HexB

Lunch
2 slices ham
half a punnet of strawberries (random lunch I know but not been shopping!!)
Muller greek coconut 1/2 syn

Mid PM Alpen light bar 1/2 HexB

Pre badminton - HexA cheese, WW wrap, 1/2 an onion

Dinner
Chicken chop suey (majority is bean shoots!!) 2 syns
Beef and mushrooms (again majority mushrooms and water chestnuts) 2 syns
plain rice
Might fry off some courgette with garlic and chilli to add some more superfree??

HexA x 1, HexB x 1
Syns 10
Fluids - not great today, 1 pint of water so far, will crack on and get another down me sharpish!!
Exercise 4.5 miles on bike, 3.1 mile walk and 1 hour badminton.

Last edited:
Wow, wow my lovely - 6 off is mega!! :) :) :)

I have 7 weeks to go and would love to lose a stone which considering my recent excesses I think is doable especially now I am feeling positive. I tend to keep to same breakfast daily - at the mo is bran flakes and banana using my hex a milk and hex b for cereal. Dinner today was left over stick orange turkey leftover with broccoli - very yumptious! Tea was jacket potato with large salad and gorgeous lean ham from the butchers. Have also had 2 apples. Walked dog - 2 miles which I do daily....... This is my only exercise :(
Syns today were 1 shortbread biscuit in work - sheep shape (colleague brought them back from her holiday in North Wales.......couldn't resist.
Need to drink more water so taking a bottle to work with me tomorrow.
I haven't been following the stones zones for a long time but will hopefully get back into 13's next week. Xx

Ok change to dinner - OH ate my chinese :(

So having 2 x quorn sausages, roast courgette, roast pepper and onion. Might make a tomato and chilli reduction to have with it. Making today also a red day, so will have another HexA of cheese and a HexB hifi bar.

Total syns 7.
Fluids 4 pints water
Exercise - for me, a hell of a lot. Actually jogged part of the journey to the leisure centre so probably about a mile out of the 3 in total. Mental badminton session - played a few games of speed badminton which killed me but was so fun!

Now just waiting for dinner and relaxing :)

That dinner is lush and well done on all the exercise - you go gal xxxxxxx
What have you planned for tomorrow food wise?? I have made a ham salad for work and for tea we are having new potatoes, peas, sweetcorn and minted lamb steaks......might have to start taking piccies on my new phone :)

Damn I'm shattered. Been up since 5 and been stretching out the aches.
Food for today - unsure really! Got some peppers and courgette roasting. Will get some onions going in a sec too.
Am thinking - bf is banana and strawberries with a muller greek yogurt. Lunch roasted veggies, maybe a boiled egg? Dinner I have some mince out. So think I'll pack it full of veg (carrots, peas, mini cauli/broc florets, garlic, onion and chopped tomatoes) topped with thinly sliced potatoes and HexA cheese. Served with a side of green beans.
Sound like a good plan?

In fact, peckish right now so may make sweet omelette and frozen berries :) xx

Today is EE.
Breakfast

Tomato and chilli reduction.
Roasted onion and pepper
New potatoes
Boiled egg.
Again, random breakfast but actually lovely. Small plate (sandwich size) was enough to get me going until I have my strawberries and banana at 9.

image-978223919.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, up early and soooo organised!

I had a pants night - just couldn't sleep.........last look at clock 3.30 and up at 6.30 :( gonna b a very long day!

EE for me too - every day really :)

Deffo getting some pics today.

Hav a lovely day xxxxxx

Back