minx's fantastical shrinkage thread :D~~ <3

well since nurse time is far more precious than doc time i think i'll bother the doc :D and i think its really bad that docs are happy to prescribe meds to patients that they havent seen in person!

i got my xenical originally through the doc who said nurses cant make the first prescription but can do your weigh ins and gve you your repeat prescription as long as you're losing weigh, she said if i hadnt lost weight or if anything seemed amiss, she would have to see me cos the nurse wldnt prescribe. tis a confusin place this land of xenical!

xcx

My doctor didn't prescribe it without seeing me either - she saw me and authorised it initially, and now the nurse pops in to get each new prescription signed.
The doctor can see an overview of my progress on the computer, and as long as I'm losing, and I still meet the guidelines for prescribing, I don't need to keep seeing her.
Some of the nurses and the healthcare support worker at my GPs have special training in nutrition and dietetics, so in many ways they're just as able to monitor my weightloss and offer advice as my GP would be.
I know it's not the same for everybody though - these forums have made me realise how much healthcare differs from place to place - I'm just one of the lucky ones :)

me too alex - the hassle some people seem to have with their docs in unbelieveable! i would never knock the nhs cos it does AMAZING work and without it our lives would be a nightmare - but certainly some districts seem to have logistical and organisational and egotistical problems!!

xcx

Back