Mirena Coil

Jadeus

Hey guys!! Any ladies who have had the mirena coil removed, managed to lose weight easier?

I had mine inserted in October 2012, I ended up being stuck around the same weight since November 2012.

Anyway, I had it removed last week due to personal reasons and I noticed I lost weight without trying!!

I was 10st 7lb on Friday. I had a takeaway Friday, a buffet Saturday with cake for a family's bday, another takeaway Sunday, a BBQ Monday and yesterday I ended up having a big lunch with the in-laws. The only exercise I had done was an hours Zumba class last night. I stepped on the scales and I had lost 3lb!! Shocked isn't the word!!

I searched online and noticed it's easier for some women to lose weight once it's been removed!

I had mine removed last Friday, I found it really hard to lose weight while it was in, I hated it to be honest, made me bloated and hormonal and gave me acne, so I'm hoping I find it a bit easier now to shift some pounds. I feel a bit less swollen already,

Wow. This is really interesting. I have a Mirena coil as well and didn't know it could affect weight loss. However, I love not having periods too much to take it out. Would love to hear more feedback though. I might change my mind. :)

I had mine fitted 5 weeks ago tomorrow and so far it's going ok, it's shortened my cycle to 25days but the periods are definitely lighter, hope they just keep getting lighter and lighter and then stop! 1st WI was on Friday and I lost 3lbs, hoping I can lose 1-2lb each week, I'm doing WW Propoints. X

I had mine removed on Friday as after 19 months in, it had slipped and moved 28mm and was on top of my cervix. It caused me agony :-( was amazing the first 14 months, then I started heavy bleeding for 12-16days every month. Thankfully its not caused any damage but its now out and I've started the pill.
Ill let u know in a week if its made a difference lol x

I'm due to have mine removed in August after having it in for the full 5 years. Want another fitting straight away as I love not having periods but may do more research on this now. Started back on SW last week & had first WI tonight with a fab loss of 5&1/2lb, unbelievable for me :)

I'm due to have mine removed in August after having it in for the full 5 years. Want another fitting straight away as I love not having periods but may do more research on this now. Started back on SW last week & had first WI tonight with a fab loss of 5&1/2lb, unbelievable for me :)

How did you find your Weight during the 5years? X

hi everyone, been back on SW for a week and loving this web site making my life so much easier.
However after reading this thread am bit worried as am due to have the coil fitted next week and now am not sure whether to go ahead, cause I've only just stared losing weight. Any one have any positive advice, also did any of you have any initial problems when it was first fitted, I've heard some awful stories about their bodies rejecting the coil.
Thanks

hi everyone, been back on SW for a week and loving this web site making my life so much easier.
However after reading this thread am bit worried as am due to have the coil fitted next week and now am not sure whether to go ahead, cause I've only just stared losing weight. Any one have any positive advice, also did any of you have any initial problems when it was first fitted, I've heard some awful stories about their bodies rejecting the coil.
Thanks

I had mine fitted in April and had no real side effects other than the previously mentioned shorter (25 day) cycle,still coping ok with WW,lost 8lbs in 5weeks.x Good Luck.x

I was supposed to have one fitted but chickened out after reading some of the horror stories of insertion online! I don't deal well with pain.

I was supposed to have one fitted but chickened out after reading some of the horror stories of insertion online! I don't deal well with pain.

Insertion didn't hurt at all, I did take the recommended paracetamol and ibuprofen half hour beforehand, I also had mine fitted mid cycle which is meant to help too? X

Had my mirena a coil removed about an hour ago !! Have had it 2 years and gained a stone within a month and another stone over the rest of the time . After doing lots of research and reading about other people's weight gain etc I've decided to have it out . So hopefully now it's gone it may help ( unless I get pregnant lol ) I will subscribe to this thread and update if its made a difference ???

Had my mirena a coil removed about an hour ago !! Have had it 2 years and gained a stone within a month and another stone over the rest of the time . After doing lots of research and reading about other people's weight gain etc I've decided to have it out . So hopefully now it's gone it may help ( unless I get pregnant lol ) I will subscribe to this thread and update if its made a difference ???

Ooooo yes please, would be interested to know. X

Back