Mirjam's CD Diary: If I never see you again....

Mirjam

Never Ever Give Up!
.... muffin top, I will be the happiest person in the world!

After a stint on Lipotrim in 2011, which made me lose 5st in 20 weeks, I gradually slipped back into my "bad" habits (drinking wine, having a pizza now and then) and slowly started putting weight back on. It wasn't much, but after being on 100% TFR for a while, as soon as your body gets used to eating normal food and carbs again, the weight starts getting back on. As I didn't want to gain all the weight again I lost, I decided to do the Dukan diet. I was successful, the weight was coming off again but after a while I got bored with eating the same over and over again and I couldn't be bothered anymore. By then, I was suffering from a tennis elbow which was extremely painful and I had to give up my beloved body balance, weight training and cardio. It got to the point where I couldn't even stretch my arm anymore and I walked around with my arm in an angle of 90 degrees :( Thankfully, after waiting for about 5 months (!) I finally could start with physio and through therapy I was able to bend my arm again fully. Unfortunately, until today, my arm is still my weak spot and am suffering from pain now and again. Oh well, sh1t happens doesn't it? :sigh:
Btw, All this took place at the end of last year.

Enter: 2012.
My New Years resolution for this year was simple, I wanted to run Run Balmoral. Me being a couch potato, thought that I would have plenty of time to train for the run but when I checked, I was "pleasantly" surprised to find out the run wasn't in June or even later in the year, no, the run was taking place on 28 april :eek::eek::eek::eek: this meant I had about 16 weeks to get from not being able to run for 1 minute, to run for 30 minutes in a row. I found a suitable running schedule online and started my training. Now you should know, that I suffer from very bad migraines and my "attacks" can last from 3 days upto over 5 weeks in a row. Not good if you're trying to get fit..... well, to cut a long story short, I did miss weeks of training but I did manage to get to run 2 5K runs during the last 2 weeks of my schedule. Not running continuously but did manage to get them done. The big test of course, was 28 April. the day came, I saw and I conquered! I managed to get it run in 39:17, my personal best so far :D:D:D Am now going to do the Park Run every Saturday and also back to body balance, zumba and cardio to stay fit.

During the training I decided to join Slimming World as a friend of mine had lost 3st and kept it off. She runs a lot as well so I thought that that would be the right diet for me too, by eating healthy homecooked meals the weight will drop off. Man, how disappointed was I when after an initial weight loss of about 3.5 lbs I sts for weeks and weeks and then my weight started going UP instead of down :sigh: I didn't understand at all but I knew this was not the diet for me. Not wanting to go back on LT as the pharmacist here (well, one of them) isn't very nice I decided to give CD a try. I had a meeting with my consultant last Friday and got myself supplies for my first week. I decided to start last Monday so that I could enjoy a couple of glasses of wine and a nice meal (last Saturday my oh and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary).

I'm on day 4 now and I cannot believe how easy this diet is! Being on a VLCD before, I know what's ahead of me and I got into the zone straight away. I have porridge in the morning and shakes for lunch and dinner and some grilled chicken as I exercise quite a lot. Tuesday and yesterday I had a bad headache, was in ketosis by yesterday as well and fortunately no bad metal taste in my mouth :)
Weigh in is this Friday so am very curious to see how much weight I have lost officially. Last night I had a meeting and was being picked up at 6.15pm so had my chicken for dinner and decided to have my shake after the meeting. Unfortunately the meeting took longer than I expected so I didn't get home until 11.30pm. By this time I went straight to bed as I didn't want to take my shake that late anyway (I know, it's not good to miss a shake) but what pleased me even more was that I wasn't hungry at all!

As you can see from my stats I have about 40lbs to lose but this time, I AM going to lose the weight forever as I'm sick and tired of dieting. I don't want to spend the rest of my life hopping from diet to diet, but I want to eat healthy food with a celebration meal now and again. Good thing is you learn what you can and cannot eat and how to healthy prepare it. I will have one vice though, I will have a pizza once every three months as that's the only fast food I can't live without ;)

Welcome - good luck on your journey - sounds like you are in the right place in your head so am sure it will be a breeze to lose that weight. Everybody is so supportive on here I find it really helps.

Thank you both, I am really focussed and find the Minimins forum people very supporting! x

Today's official WI day, am very curious to find out what I have exactly lost in 5 days. It's looking good though! :)

You are really focused - well done you. So - how was the weigh in? I really need to get on to some sort of exercise program and would love to be a runner, but I cant/hate the thought. Id love to just jog through the park. Any tips on how you got started? Of course, my biggest problem is getting time without kids!

Hi Egbert, I don't have my WI until 7.30pm so I'll fill you in later. I didn't like running either, but it was the only option for me to get fit quickly. I don't run fast, a jog is fine as well as long as you do some form of exercise. I started out with a running schedule I found on the internet, here's the link: http://www.goodrunguide.co.uk/TrainingPlans/Beginners5K.pdf. You start off slowly, I started running on the treadmill at the gym but you can do this one outside as well. I would suggest though that you buy a cheap "running watch" so that you can set laps and an alarm will go off when your first lap is finished. I bought a Soleus 10K running watch (Soleus 10K watch | Buy Now at ForRunnersByRunners.com) and I find it easy to use. Might be an idea? Yeah, it can be difficult to have some "you" time if you have kids, we don't have any so we don't have that "problem".

Jist had my first WI and am pleased to say that I've lost 3.2kg, just as it said on my unofficial weigh in this morning :) Got myself some chocolate orange shakes just to see if I like them and also got some spicy tomato soup for lunch as a try out as well. I hope they taste nice!

Last edited:
Lost 2" of my body contour as well, so I don't only see a loss on the scales, but I can see and feel it too as one of my pants is alreadygetting too big!

Can't be bothered to write here every day as every day is the same re shakes etc. so will only update my weigh ins. Must also say, that I find the support on this part of the forum less than on LT and Dukan... :(

Mirjam said:
Can't be bothered to write here every day as every day is the same re shakes etc. so will only update my weigh ins. Must also say, that I find the support on this part of the forum less than on LT and Dukan... :(

Hi come say hello on the team ideal thread under CD teams, lots of support there x

Some of the diaries are really busy and some arn't - i tend to post on about 5 because there are just too many for me to spend all day reading them - have to do some work :)

But - if you ever have a question or are feeling down, someone always comes along to give support ;)

Down another 1.3kg. Not as much as the first week, but it's totm so I'm glad I haven't gained. So far, a total of 14cm (5.5") lost overall, that means more to me than seeing the scales going down tbh :)

Mirjam said:
Down another 1.3kg. Not as much as the first week, but it's totm so I'm glad I haven't gained. So far, a total of 14cm (5.5") lost overall, that means more to me than seeing the scales going down tbh :)

Fab going the right direction! :)

Had my third WI yesterday and lost 1.2kg. Not bad, considering I've been in bed all week with the flu so no exercise at all this week. Lost another 3.5 inches, have totally lost 10.5" or 26.67cm off my body. Am VERY pleased with that, almost a stone down! Hopefully will break that barrier next week. Have also started with step 2 as I'm going to visit my family in 2 weeks and I know that I will be eating more than I'm allowed. Doesn't matter, am in this for the long haul so have no deadline. Would be nice to be a size 10 again in September though when we go on holiday to Sardinia :)

Mirjam said:
Had my third WI yesterday and lost 1.2kg. Not bad, considering I've been in bed all week with the flu so no exercise at all this week. Lost another 3.5 inches, have totally lost 10.5" or 26.67cm off my body. Am VERY pleased with that, almost a stone down! Hopefully will break that barrier next week. Have also started with step 2 as I'm going to visit my family in 2 weeks and I know that I will be eating more than I'm allowed. Doesn't matter, am in this for the long haul so have no deadline. Would be nice to be a size 10 again in September though when we go on holiday to Sardinia :)

Well done :)

Thank you:)

WI no 4: down half a kg and another 2.54cm off my body, that's a total of 29.21cm! :D:D:D:D Not bad at all.... TOTM this week so have been stalling quite a bit. Am glad I didn't gain anything as that's normally the case.... Up to step 3 as well as I'm travelling this Thursday so needed to up my food. Am looking forward to coming weekend as we've got all these parties planned so will gain weight for sure! Oh, well, all work and no play makes Mirjam a dull gal so after this weekend it's back to plan!

Back