Miserable and confused...want to come back to SnS I think...on Cambridge day 3 - HELL

<3_my_cat_x

Ok, so I am stuck. Basically I am an idiot - I got fed up with SnS cos I was thinking my losses in the past couple weeks haven't been great - however, that's probably because I have given up at the weekend and eaten pizza/drunk wine etc! Anyway, my losses on SnS were always good - I guess I just panicked as my wedding is so soon now I thought I should give Cambridge Sole Source (around 420 cals a day) a go, but it is HELL. I am on day 3 I am going to have to prepare to give up exercise - whilst I am just on 420 cals a day. Anyway, am I just being stupid cos obv the first few days will be hard or should I just come back to SnS and stick to it until my wedding on 20th July? I have to have 3 nights off for hen does one in a month and the other a month after that... so basically I need reassurance! Can I do this on SnS? I so hope so cos Cambridge is hell:( I don't think I can cope eating so little. Thanks to anyway who reads this pathetic rant!! xx

Personally I've found the weight loss very similar on CWP Sole Source and S&S Simplicity. I don't think that there will be a significant difference regardless of which you choose. The biggest challenge will be the weekends. Good luck with everything. I hope that things go smoothly until the wedding, regardless of the diet you choose to follow. x

with the greatest respect hun , either plan will work if you stick to it...the first 3 days on either are not easy but you know it will get easier.
just be sure your not bullshitting yourself into having a blow out tonight and starting again tomorrow on s&s.
were all in the same boat here , we all have diet issues and we all have the same demons on our shoulders ,think of those wedding piccies and be strong!
Jo x

Thank you EtchaSketch and Mo-Jo - I appreciate you taking time to reply!

I managed to stick to Cambridge last night until 10:30 then I was laying in bed so hungry I couldn't sleep that I came downstairs and had a slim and save cottage pie and then slept thro the night :) I was down 0.25 lb this morning still in the 12s - just! Happy with that but still at a dilemma as to what to do - think I might try giivng Cambridge Sole Source another bash today - see how I go and if necessary I can always have another sachet/protein meal. This is the 4th day so I expect to be well and truly in ketosis and hopefully will manage to stick to Sole Source. I shall keep trying! I definitely won't binge or eat anything bad even if I do switch between Cam and SnS because the wedding is so close now!

Anyways going to try Sole Source today and try to convince myself I'm not a failure if I go back to SnS!

x

I'm not an expert but my previous experience of VLCD goes like this:

Extane - 3 shakes a day week 1 11lbs
S&S - 2 shakes one meal and a bar week 1 11 lbs
S&S - 2 shakes, one meal and a protein normal meal week 1 11lbs LOL !!!! so personally i'd go with easiest option

heya, I would go with what you can stick to, losing slightly less or slightly slower is much better than coming off and not losing at all.
Think about afterwards too, if you felt annoyed and deprived you're more likely to just jump on some food after losing the weight and it could creep back on again.

Also, sticking to ANY diet is not failure at all! Its blooming hard and we should remind ourselves that we are amazing for sticking to it!

I think s&s losses are just as good. I think sole source is just too harsh (I have tried it) and sometimes slightly more calories actually have a good effect on the body, losses etc.
Now if you can stick with it and you're happy then by all means do.
Or why not add in a few s&s sachets occasionally, or create your own plan combining the two. -say a busy more active day you have a little more to eat.

good luck anyway, you will get there!

Back