Miss Jelly's Food Diary :D

missjelly

Silver Member
Ok so, after feeling kinda frustrated at how things have been going I've decided to post up my food diary in the hopes that some fab person might point out something I'm missing :)

So, my weigh in is on Wednesday nights but I'm gonna start now as I don't want to still be doing things wrong up to my weigh in (as last week was STS :()

So - I get 29points atm

Saturday 25th July

Breakfast -

toast - 3
butter - 2

Total - 5

Lunch -

Satsuma - 1/2
WW Crisps - 1
WW malt loaf w/ spread - 1 1/2
Bread - 3
Pork - 2
Sauce - 2

Total - 10

Dinner -

Jacket Potato - 3
Beans - 2
Cheese 5

Total - 10

Snacks -

Malt loaf - 1
Pringles - 3

Total - 4

Day Total - 29

Sunday 26th July

Breakfast -

ww yoghurt - 1/2
toast - 3
butter - 2
satsuma - 1/2

Total - 6

Lunch -

Pork sandwich - 7
fruit lolly - 4

Total - 11

Dinner -

Roast meat - 4
Potato - 2
Cabbage -0
Broccoli - 0
Cauliflower - 0
Swede - 0
Parsnips - 2
Potato - 2
Gravy - 2

Total - 12

Day total - 29

Last edited:
Sometimes I think it can be good to look at the colours of the foods that you're eating. Your diet is really quite "brown"! Think of what's green, red, orange, yellow, it's all missing. Why not replace the crisps and maltloaf with a veggie soup (0 points!) and perhaps the porc and sauce (sometimes) with grilled fish and a salad? Just a suggestion. they say that different colours have different vitamins and minerals so we need to eat the rainbow! LOL

Why not replace the crisps and maltloaf with a veggie soup (0 points!)

Part of the reason behind the maltloaf and crisps was trying to make up my points.. I find it really difficult to eat 29 - that's massive!! So wherever I can squeeze in a few more, I do.

As for the colour of food thing, I do try most of the time - Think I was just having a "use what's in the fridge" day and there wasn't much.

Monday 28th July

Breakfast -

Toast - 2
Butter - 1
WW cupcake - 1 1/2

Total - 4 1/2

Lunch -

WW ready meal - 4 1/2
Fromage frais - 4

Total - 8 1/1

Dinner -

Ham - 3
Beetroot - 0
Cucumber - 0
Lettuce - 0
Bread roll - 2
Coleslaw - 2
Coke - 4

Total - 11

Day Total - 24 (5 left)

I like the idea of fish and salad though, but I'm useless when it comes to knowing what's nice etc (I usually eat what my mum cooks lol!) Any suggestions?

OK Fish!
Ideal if you're struggling to eat your points is salmon. Spray with frylight, pan fry and serve with spinach and sauté potatoes.
Those with fewer points, take a nice white filet. Pan fry or cook "en papillotte" (in a cooking parchment "bag" with very finely sliced carrot and leek, sprinkle of white wine, salt and pepper, parsley, in the oven 15 minutes) serve with boiled / steamed veg and new pots.
An alternative to cakes would be a lovely piece of cheese served with a dressed salad. Good again for using up points. And, calcium god for women!
Another nice and easy way to cook fish - whizz up or finely chop half an onion or a small shallot and a little garlic. Add a LOT of chopped parsleu and chopped chives. Put this mix in the bottom of a small dish. Place the fish filet on top and season. Pour over a little white wine and bake in the oven. Veg of your choice. Voila!

wow! That sounds fab - thanks so much for taking the time to come up witth all that! I think I'm going to try the last one (in the dish) sounds lush. Have actually got salmon in the fridge now so hopefully have that tomorrow. Thanks again, you're fab. Miss J x

Pleased to help! I never used to like fish but I've been making myself try. You could have fishcakes too - another fab way to use up points. I cook a salmon filet, boil a couple of potatoes. Mash tatoes with a little mayo or creme fraiche (depending on how many points you want to blow!) then add the flaked fish. Then add any of the following or all!
chopped hard boiled egg, capers, chopped gerkins, salt and pepper. Then fry in frylight. My DH loves me for those! LOL

I love fishcakes!! Had a really bad few days food wise >_< so bad I'm not going to post them up because I know exactly where I went wrong and don't want it pointed out lol (McDonalds anyone?)

Have definitely been eating better apart from the obvious though - am trying to have at least 2 0ish point veggies with each meal!

Have completely swapped out my monday night out curry rice and chips for a ham salad. And actually, the ham salad there is lush! lol

You must be feeling positively angelic!!! You'll be getting the reward on the scales, I bet!

Ok so the family has swine floo >_< and I can't go out for a week! Which is making it very tempting to sit on my butt and eat stuffs. :(

But then, if I do that I will always be a frumpalump :p yay for new words

So I'm putting all the naughty behind me :) I missed this weeks weigh in and will miss next weeks due to poorly so I've got two-ish weeks to get back on track to make a good loss when I get to my meeting on the...12th :D

Start again!

Sunday 2nd August

Breakfast -

Toast - 2
Butter -2

Lunch -

Dinner -

Cauliflower - 0
Cheese Sauce - 5?

You poor thing. I hope everyone has a speedy recovery. You'll be great! All that running up and down the stairs seeing to ailing rellies!

Back