miss r's SS/SS+ diary.

Today I started the day with a bar. I weighed myself and I was 14 stone 13 pounds (and 6 oz) on my scales, it is only just in the 14 stone but even so I was pleased with that.

I went to Birmingham and resisted all food temptations, watched my boyfriend eat some of my favourite things, but when I got in I had problems to deal with which stressed me out a bit so I had another bar. My next pack was due but I should not have had another bar as had one for breakfast. I had 2 yesterday too!!
(I have no bars left now as I only got four this week.) I'm glad I didn't get many and next week I think i'l only get two bars. One for after weigh in and one for next day.

I've just had my SS+ meal ever so slightly early, I had tinned tuna and iceberg lettuce salad all chopped up and mixed with balsamic vinegar and black pepper.
It was alright but was not a very warming meal and I felt cold after so I don't think i'l have that for a while.
Today I bought a new hat and I have bought the 30 day shred DVD everyone has been on about!!
I won't go on it today though, think i'l start tomorrow.

Today first thing, before I had any packs or water, I totally fell off the wagon, I ate 6 wrapbreads. :(
I looked at the packet after and they were about 900 cals altogether.
I didn't add anything to them so they were about 900 cals for 6 plain wraps.

I didn't even enjoy them much, after the first 3 I was not hungry but just carried on. After the fifth I stopped but then 5 minutes later I ate the sixth.
Why oh why did I do that? I knew it was a mistake before i'd even eaten them. I self sabotaged on purpose. I don't know why.

That aside, I have tried to drink more today.
I am going to record my fluid intake albeit roughly, every day from now on.

So far today:
Water: 2 or 3 glasses
Sparkling Water: 0
Tea: 2 massive cups
Psyllium Husk: about 2 tsps?? (didn't measure)
Cambridge Fibre: about a tsp?

I am going to have a pack when I get hungry and I must go to the gym tonight, to try and burn some of the wrapbread cals off

I never got to the gym and I had 6 quorn sausages (oven cooked) and had some of my boyfriends oven chips.
I won't have anything else now, and tomorrow I will start as I mean to go on. A cup of tea and a shake.

Thursday
Water: 3 glasses
Tea: 2 or 3 massive cups
Psyllium Husk: about 2 tsps?? (didn't measure)
Cambridge Fibre: about a tsp?

I have had a choc tetra so far and will keep updating my water chart.

Friday
Water: 2 full glasses
Tea: 1 massive cup so far
Psyllium Husk: 1 measure
Cambridge Fibre: 0

Well I am getting a better water intake today and i'm not hungry for once!
I just had a butterscotch shake warm, butterscotch was my 2nd fav shake cold in the summer. I don't know if its because i'm having it warm but i've gone off it a bit now. Funny how our tastes change on this diet.

Friday
Water: 3.5 full glasses
Tea: 2 massives cup so far
Cambridge Fibre: 10g

Hiya hun

Sounds like you've had a tricky few days, but you know, you're doing really well :0clapper: There are going to be days when you get hungry, but I think you've been dealing with that brilliantly. Far better to have an extra bar or egg than have something completely off plan.

Gotta admit, I find the bars can make me hungry sometimes, especially if I'm not quite in ketosis - so sometimes I have to be really strict with myself and not have them! But they're so easy to grab and eat that it's not always easy to persuade yourself to make up a shake.

Have you tried mix-a-mousse? If you like Angel Delight type stuff, you'll like what it does to your shakes - great for when you're wanting something a bit different. There's a knack to mixing them right though!

Hiya hun

Sounds like you've had a tricky few days, but you know, you're doing really well :0clapper: There are going to be days when you get hungry, but I think you've been dealing with that brilliantly. Far better to have an extra bar or egg than have something completely off plan.

Gotta admit, I find the bars can make me hungry sometimes, especially if I'm not quite in ketosis - so sometimes I have to be really strict with myself and not have them! But they're so easy to grab and eat that it's not always easy to persuade yourself to make up a shake.

Have you tried mix-a-mousse? If you like Angel Delight type stuff, you'll like what it does to your shakes - great for when you're wanting something a bit different. There's a knack to mixing them right though!

Ah thanks alot lily. :)
Yes the bars mmm yum I like them too much, and they make me hungry too.

I tried mix a mousse once and it didn't go to plan, I haven't been able to face it since!
I like lots of the shakes though so got lots of variety so its alright,
Hope its going well for you and you have a good weekend! xx

Forgot to update yesterdays water.

Friday
Water: 4.5 full glasses at least
Tea: 2 massive cups so far, maybe 3?
Cambridge Fibre: 10g

copy, paste and edit for today:

Saturday
Water: 2 full glasses so far,
Tea: 1 massive cups so far,
Cambridge Fibre: 0g so far

As well as that i've had a choc tetra and a small bowl of cauliflower from my SS+ meal.
Its not foggy today but is very dull out. I need to get my hot water bottle on the go

Well I am feeling alot better after saturdays upset.

On sunday I went for lunch at my granny in laws house (to be) and ate in the evening too.
Today I have been doing SS to try and repair the damage done and am 100% so far.
I am hoping I won't resort to my SS+ meal later.
Weigh in day is tomorrow!!

I got weighed today. The scales kept going between 15.0 and 15.1
So I lost 2 or 3 pounds. It is not as much as i'd have hoped but I am not surprised.
I want to lose 4 pounds a week so I must exercise more.

Today I had my first pack at midnight, a bar. Whoops!!
I slept in and had my second pack at noon, and at 6pm I had my SS+ meal, quorn mince with cabbage but I had too much cabbage. Now I feel very full and slightly sick.
I have one shake to go but can't face it yet.

Whoops i've not updated my diary recently.
Unfortunately I have nothing good to add today.
I started with a shake but later today I ate bread, butter and chorizo slices. :(
I got the hiccups, for me its a classic sign of a bread binge.
I am going to restart tomorrow. Weigh in is in 3 days so I must get with it!

I have had some healthy living oven chips with tomato ketchup.

I have been lacking motivation recently. I need to restart tomorrow.
I sound like a broken record recently I keep saying the same thing.
Tomorrow will be alot better and I mean it this time!!!!

Today I have had 3 shakes, and a little meal of turkey and sprouts.
I've been to the gym and went on the rowing machine, cross trainer, treadmill and lazy bike. I was worn out by the time I got out of the gym.
Not had any fibre today, and I've had some plain water, but not very much but I have had 4 cups of tea with a bit of skimmed milk powder.
Tomorrow will be even better!

Today I have had a shake, and then when I was out I had a small packet of cooked chicken, with chinese flavouring, it was 225 cals a pack.
When I got back I had a mushroom omelette as I was really hungry, but didn't enjoy it that much, for some reason I didn't like the smell of mushrooms cooking although I used to like it, and later I had another shake. I am not having my third shake to try and make up for having extra food.
It is weigh in day tomorrow and I have stopped weighing myself for the past few days, so I am not sure what to expect. I had a blip on saturday and sometimes have been doing more like 810 rather than SS+. So i'm not sure what to expect...I am hoping for 4 pounds...

yesterday I got weighed, and lost 1lb :(
But enough about that, today is the 1st December and it is a new Start!
I weighed 14 stone 10 pounds on my scales this morning, and I aim to lose a stone this month. Got to try hard now....

Today i've had 2 bars, and just had a little bit of quorn, a beef slice, and sprouts for my SS+ meal. A bit of an odd mix but was very nice.
I will have my last shake later.

I'm back! have been off CD since thursday.
I have not been on minimins much either.

I needed a break from it, as I was not following the plan properly, I was gradually doing my own thing more and more and was probably having nearer 810 or more instead of SS+.
I wouldn't recommend stopping CD just for a few days to others but the break has definitely done me good. I have set myself back a few days but I needed a break. I have refocussed my efforts and am going to do it properly now.

I have restarted this morning. I expect the next 3 days will be a bit tough but i'm ready for it as i've been through it before.
I am 14.12 on my scales this morning, and I am going to do SS+ as usual but I am going to try and have 4 shakes and skimmed milk allowance in my cups of tea, instead of a little SS+ meal as my meals seem to be getting bigger, I was having more than double of my veg allowance for example. If I am not very hungry one day then i'l try and have 3 shakes but we'll see!

I've just got to work out how much dried skimmed milk I can have as I don't have any fresh milk in at the moment. And if I did i'd be tempted to use too much. I have dried milk for my cups of tea.

Well as for today, I had my first pack, I had a cranberry bar without thinking, I guess as I am restarting I should wait until week 2 or 3 until having bars, but I didn't remember that until I was finished.
And I forgot to weigh myself this morning but 50g bar won't have made much difference and I weighed straight after.
Am going to try and keep myself busy either come on minimins, or sewing, housework etc.

Last edited:
Back