miss r's SS/SS+ diary.

Just had my first shake, choc mint in a big cup with lots of water. I added cold water to cup so the cup was a third full, powder, whizzed it up with aerolatte, and then added boiling water, tasted it to check not too hot and added more hot water. It was about 40% cold water and 60 % boiling so it was right temp for drinking. It was nice albeit a bit weak (prob because got used to strong tetras) and i'm not hungry now.

Hi Miss-R, how ya doing? Yum, that sounds really nice! Think I might just go and have a warm choc mint myself, actually!
Hope you have a good day. :)

Hi Miss-R, how ya doing? Yum, that sounds really nice! Think I might just go and have a warm choc mint myself, actually!
Hope you have a good day. :)

Hi Tess
I hope you enjoy your choc mint too!!!
I am alright today thankyou, i'm feeling very positive and enthusiastic again. I Hope you are having a good day too. :):):):)

Hi em2
Thanks alot for your post, I have tried the porridge and should start having it again. I do like it but last time I had it I made it a bit wrong and it put me off a bit. I may have one later. Still trying to perfect the art of making it without lumps. How do you make it??

If you don't like the tetra maybe you could water it down with warm water????

I know what you mean, about respecting feeding times, I try and have the shakes spaced out. ps where abouts is palm tree land?? xxx

Well first of all, I do my porridge on the stove, no microwave stuff, makes the porridge odd. I empty the sachet in the pan and I add my water (more than the recommended dose) and i whisk it... comes out smooth and creamy without the clumps and really is satisfying. If I want variety, I put a small spoonful of CD shake mix (toffee & walnut or butterscotch).

OMG, i only have my tetras in coffee, tried it once without watering it down and I got sick... my stomach started churning and I almost threw up (TMI).

I live in between Cannes and Nice (and I'm from San Diego), so either way, I always had my palm trees :D

Well first of all, I do my porridge on the stove, no microwave stuff, makes the porridge odd. I empty the sachet in the pan and I add my water (more than the recommended dose) and i whisk it... comes out smooth and creamy without the clumps and really is satisfying. If I want variety, I put a small spoonful of CD shake mix (toffee & walnut or butterscotch).

OMG, i only have my tetras in coffee, tried it once without watering it down and I got sick... my stomach started churning and I almost threw up (TMI).

I live in between Cannes and Nice (and I'm from San Diego), so either way, I always had my palm trees :D

mm I might try adding a bit of shake to a porridge.
Not tried adding shake to coffee but then I don't like coffee!!!
Wow you live somewhere good!!
I have been to Nice, i'd like to go back there one day. I'd love to see some sunshine today. The weather here (rainy) makes me want to eat nice things today!!

Just had my SS+ meal Tin of tuna with a splash of balsamic vinegar, thought id try it out as I had nothing else to have and I liked it!!
Hope balsamico is alright to have.
Went to see MIL and she was very encouraging and said i've lost weight.

She wants to do cambridge as she wants to lose at least half a stone.
I said i'm not sure if she should as its a bit drastic for half a stone, but maybe she could do a higher plan??
I'm not sure of her BMI but she is about a size 16 in trousers and is 5 foot 2 or 3.

Re: miss r's weight loss diary for my wedding and beyond

If she is only that height and on size 16 then she is likely to be more than half a stone overweight. She may only want to lose half a stone mind - and she could do that in a week of cd. Although most would be water.

If she is only that height and on size 16 then she is likely to be more than half a stone overweight. She may only want to lose half a stone mind - and she could do that in a week of cd. Although most would be water.

Thanks I will speak to the CDC about her and get some info for her :)

Today is weigh in day!!
Looking forward to it!!
Don't think i've lost as much as i'd like but I have lost something.
(not seen CDC in 2 weeks, but I have not been on CD everyday in these 2 weeks)

Well I lost 5 pounds since being weighed 2 weeks ago. Not as much as i'd like but have gone off CD more than once in the last fortnight.
I celebrated by having some turkey for my SS+ meal.

Well Today I had a bar for breakfast, and for my SS+ meal I had quorn with cabbage, I had steak strips quorn, I hope that is ok, I had 150g instead of 200g, just incase it wasn't allowed. I also had a couple of gherkins I am not sure if they are ok either. They were from a jar.
Anyway I had my second shake a banana tetra, and later I think i'l have a choc mint.

I have just had my last shake, a choc tetra.
I haven't drank enough water today but tomorrow will be better.
I shouldn't have had the gherkins either.
I am aiming to lose 5lbs this week and I won't if I keep eating silly things. :(

I am up early, earlier than usual. I will try and delay my first pack until 8.45am.
I wonder does anyone else on SS+ ever substitute a pack for a meal from the book? eg have 2 packs and 2 small meals??
I know I shouldn't but I do occassionally. (cant spell)
I am planning tonights meal and its not even light out yet. I think it will be fish tonight.
Anyway Good Morning to all!!

Morning miss r. I think substituting packs for another cd meal will mean you are not probably taking in all the nutrition and will be having slightly more calories but probably fewer carbs. I suppose it depends how fast you want to lose as you will still lose weight I'm sure since you are still taking in so few calories.

If it's working for you then stay with it - if the losses slow down, then go back with the ss+ plan.

Good luck. Xx

Morning miss r. I think substituting packs for another cd meal will mean you are not probably taking in all the nutrition and will be having slightly more calories but probably fewer carbs. I suppose it depends how fast you want to lose as you will still lose weight I'm sure since you are still taking in so few calories.

If it's working for you then stay with it - if the losses slow down, then go back with the ss+ plan.

Good luck. Xx

Thanks LRO :)

As for having 2 meals/2 packs it probably happens once a fortnight, although I have done that twice recently.

How is CD going for you?? xx

I went for my smear test today, it was fine, it didn't hurt (though I was expecting pain I was glad none arrived). It probably helped I had a painkiller before I went for it.

Anyway, I was cold when I came back so I had my SS+ meal early, I had fish steamed in a bag with 1 tsp thai sweet chilli sauce (bit naughty) and black pepper. Once cooked I poured away the juices/sauce just to leave a slight flavour so it was not as bad for CD.
I was surprised to not like it much.
It is funny I used to really like sweet chilli sauce but I have totally gone off it now.
Maybe it is the diet my tastes have changed, although before CD I went through a stage of having it with everything but I realised then I wasn't so keen. I thought today I might like it again especially after not having sauces recently but I don't. So i'l be getting rid of the bottle, will see if MIL (to be) wants it.

Today I started the day with a choc mint.
Afterwards I busied myself making some curtains which took my mind off food, i'm very pleased with my handiwork, I have not made curtains before. They are a bit dodgy but not bad for a first attempt.
Later I had my SS+ meal. I had quorn mince, cabbage with 1 tsp jerk marinade all cooked up. Was alright but should not have Jerk as its not CD friendly.

Just had my second pack another choc mint, and need to drink some water now. Just watched edwardian farm on tv and off to get my water now.

Sounds like you are in full control. It's going well for me. Felt a bit odd today - not hungry exactly but that I needed food do I had some ham and some plain nuts) seems to have done the trick and reckoning that cos nuts and ham are low carb I won't have done too much harm. X

Ooh I would love to make some curtains!!!! My sewing machine is still back at my parents house as I haven't moved it in to my new (actually not so new) flat. I love jerk seasoning :) I have some in the cupboard but I think its far too salty to be allowed on CD. Hope you're having a brill evening x

Back