miss r's SS/SS+ diary.

I have been off and on CD Since Monday.
Monday i was very good but tues I wasn't (went to a christmas fayre) so I restarted Wednesday.
Yesterday I had 3 shakes, I ate some turkey for my SS+ meal and also ate 2 thorntons chocs and a tiny tin of tuna, but i'm working my way back down to SS+ now, so hopefully today and tomorrow I won't be as hungry. I get weighed next tuesday so got 5 days to lose some weight. I am 14.10 on my scales still so I must stick to CD.

I have decided to stop CD for now. I've done well on it and i've lost just under 3 stone since August, but over the past month or so its not been going so well. I keep going off plan so I am going to do atkins/low carb instead. I think I will do better on that at the moment, I will come back to CD though if it doesn't go to plan.
Thanks everyone whos helped me on here, and good luck CD'ers!!
Bye for now and if not on CD forum, then i'l see you elsewhere on minimins xx

Aww it's a shame CD isn't really working for you anymore but I'm glad you know what plan you're going to follow next :)
Good luck and make sure you pop in and let us know how you're getting on!!

Hi Miss-R, sorry I haven't been around lately. I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to continue CD at the moment, and I hope Atkins/low carb works for you. I'm sure it will. Please keep in touch!

Take care and good luck on the rest of your weightloss journey. x

Well I am back again with my tail between my legs!
I have restarted on the cambridge diet.
Atkins didn't work for me, well it was great for about a day and a half but then the novelty wore off and I missed my shakes!! And I was fed up of cooking.
So i've had a few days off and have not been on minimins either but i'm back on plan now. I'm on day 3 of my restart. I am trying to ease myself into SS+, so i'm doing 810 now, and hopefully tomorrow I will eat even less.
I gained about 3-4 pounds when I was off plan, but I am now down to the same weight I got to before I stopped CD. I am 14.10 on my scales.

Aww it's a shame CD isn't really working for you anymore but I'm glad you know what plan you're going to follow next :)
Good luck and make sure you pop in and let us know how you're getting on!!

Thanks Felix, i'm back again on CD!
I wonder how you are getting on. Will have a look at your diary, I hope its been going well for you xx

Hi Miss-R, sorry I haven't been around lately. I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to continue CD at the moment, and I hope Atkins/low carb works for you. I'm sure it will. Please keep in touch!

Take care and good luck on the rest of your weightloss journey. x

Hi Tess thanks alot, I wonder how you are getting on? I hope its been going well for you, I will have a look at your diary now xx

Hi Tess thanks alot, I wonder how you are getting on? I hope its been going well for you, I will have a look at your diary now xx

Hi Miss-R, how are you? I'm off CD at the moment, as I've been ill for about 3 or 4 weeks now. I've spoken to my CDC and she's agreed that it would be best for me to start afresh in the New Year. I must admit that I've put on some weight again, and I hate it! Miss my shakes quite a bit, but I know that once Christmas is out of the way, I will have nothing to hinder my progress on CD.
I still check out mini's every now and then, but feel like a fraud posting at the mo, whilst I'm not on the shakes.
I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and New Year and I will catch up with you soon. :)

Hello

Well where to start??
I have been absent for quite a while, I have been off plan, but i'm restarting the cambridge diet tomorrow!

I have not been on minimins or anything. I have tried not to think about losing weight/cambridge for a while. I've eaten what I liked.

I knew I would be restarting but haven't felt ready to until now, I have had a few days to mentally prepare myself and i've decided tomorrow is the day.
I am restarting CD SS+ tomorrow after about 5 weeks of being off plan. (and was messing about for about a couple of weeks before that)
I am having a low carb day today to ease myself into it.

I was ill at christmas, with a bad cold or flu, i'm not sure which, which kept my weight stable, but i've been better for about 2 weeks now and the weight is creeping on again.
I weighed myself this morning and I was 15 stone 0.
So I have put on about 4 pounds since finishing CD. I was dreading it a bit but it wasn't as bad as i'd thought.
No doubt there are a lot of restarters/new beginners since I was last on here. I have a headache, but later when I feel better I will have a look around and see how everyone is getting on.

4lb isnt bad at all! It will come off in no time :) good to have you back. Waiting until you are ready was a good idea :D

Hi Miss-R, how are you? I'm off CD at the moment, as I've been ill for about 3 or 4 weeks now. I've spoken to my CDC and she's agreed that it would be best for me to start afresh in the New Year. I must admit that I've put on some weight again, and I hate it! Miss my shakes quite a bit, but I know that once Christmas is out of the way, I will have nothing to hinder my progress on CD.
I still check out mini's every now and then, but feel like a fraud posting at the mo, whilst I'm not on the shakes.
I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and New Year and I will catch up with you soon. :)

Hi Tess, Whoops its taken me this long to reply, I was ill at christmas too and like you was off plan. I hope its going well for you, was going to look at your diary last night but had a bad headache. :)

4lb isnt bad at all! It will come off in no time :) good to have you back. Waiting until you are ready was a good idea :D

Hi Felix Thanks alot, yes i'm hoping it will come off asap!! I hope its been going well for you, you have been off plan too haven't you (looking at your sig) I hope your restart is going well too, I will look at your diary in a bit aswell :)

Good luck miss-r with your new journey :) keep posting through those tough moments :)

Thanks sarah :)

Day 1 of restart.

I feel ok at the moment.

I started the day with a banana tetra, it went out of date a few days ago, but it tasted fine. I only have 6 tetras with that date so i'l try and use them first.
I haven't seen my CDC since last year but I will use up what I have before I go and see her and buy more. I want to get some maple and pecan porridge I haven't tried that yet.

Then after my first shake, I went out to a clothes shop, I felt like I needed some retail therapy, but nothing inspired me much and I bought nothing.
I am wearing tu size 20 jeans at the moment but I don't know if they are big or small for sizing, I ought to try on some other clothes to see where I am size wise.

I am getting married in 6 weeks!
So I need to lose some weight, I want to lose a minimum of a stone and a half in 6 weeks. (more would be nice though!)
I haven't chosen my dress yet but I am buying it off the peg from a department store or somewhere. I've seen a few online but I guess I will have to go and try them on. The budget is £200 maximum (ideally less).
I need to try them on to see which one I like. But I daren't buy yet as I just don't know how much weight i'l lose/what size i'l need for then.

I have just had a chocolate tetra and that was nice.

Oh dear i've been off plan again.
I am Restarting today.
I am 14stone 12 pounds and 8 ounces as of this morning.
About to have my first shake.

Doh!
Well I have been off plan since December, not been on minimins much, i've eaten what I liked, I have restarted every so often, but fallen at the first hurdle within the first day every time.

I feel different today. I am on day 1 of my restart and I really do mean it this time!!
I went clothes shopping yesterday and it has given me extra incentive to get back on track. I didn't buy any clothes, I tried some on but I wasn't very happy with them.
I want to get into some size 18 trousers in one month. I have seen some in sainsburys that I tried on but I can't get the button up. I really want the trousers and want to buy them before they sell out but don't want them ending up in the wardrobe never being worn.

I don't want to be big come the summer, its not too bad in the winter I can cover up with coats etc, and I don't get too hot, but in the summer I tend to suffer with the heat.
I went abroad last summer and was heavier than I am now, I found the heat too much, it wore me out and I hated looking so flushed alot of the time, and I felt quite self conscious. No one else seemed to be suffering as much as me.

Anyway onto to better more positive things, i'm back on CD!
I am about half a stone heavier since I stopped CD but I will try to lose that by week 2.

As for today I have had 3 shakes and will have a little ss+ meal later.
I have had some psyllium husk and i think thats helped me not be so hungry. Not had quite enough water but i'l have some more in a bit.

Well it is nearly the end of day 3,
Day 1 and 2 went well, had 3 shakes and little ss+ meal, but today I went out and ended up eating out, whoops.
I didn't stuff myself but I did eat non CD foods, and i've eaten non cd food since I came back too.
I will restart tomorrow. I have set myself back, but will get back on the cambridge wagon tomorrow. I will make a point of having a porridge tomorrow. I had one yesterday (apple and cinnamon) and I enjoyed it. I haven't been in the habit of having porridge when on cd but I think I will try and have it more as it seems to be more of a meal than a shake to me. (though I still like the choc tetras)

I bought a new top today in size 18 :) from fat face.
I rarely buy new clothes so I was pleased to find something I like.
I think it is a probably quite a generous 18, but I am happy. I have not been able to shop in this shop since being big (and when I was thinner never went there) so it was nice to get something that fitted.
I may even buy the same top in another colour.

Anyway tomorrow I will keep going with cd, i've got a bottle of water ready for tomorrow, and will concentrate on doing some housework. Got lots to do!!

I am restarting SS+ today after 4 months.
Some of you might remember me?
I was on CD last year up till before christmas.
(I have done a few half hearted restarts this year but not got very far)

I was on cd SS/ss+ from August to December 2010 but it fizzled out before christmas and I haven't got back on CD properly since then.

I got married last month, and been on honeymoon (where I ate whatever I wanted) and so i've gained some weight.

I am up to 15st 4lbs (and 6 ozs) as of today.

I am a bit fragile emotionally at the moment. I am a bit sad in a way that the wedding and honeymoon are all over, I know it is daft.
I would like us to do it again if we could as it was such a nice time.
I am usually alright but every so often I get a bit sad, like when I looked at my wedding planning lists last night it made me get upset. I don't even like to write about it as I know there are people much worse off than me.I confided in my husband and he understands. I am so pleased we are married.

Now I need to focus on other things like being a good wife, and one of the things I want to do is lose weight. I think now the weather is not so cold it will make it a bit easier for me.

Anyway good luck to all new starters, restarters and to those who are already on CD - well done, keep going!

Hello, I remember you! Well done on deciding to get back on the diet. I hope your wedding was fabulous :)

I can understand why you're sad about the whole wedding thing being over. It must be strange to be planning it for so long then the day comes and has gone so fast compared to the time you spent looking forward to it. Use the weight loss as a new focus in place of your wedding. The day you get to goal is one to definitely look forward to! Maybe try and think of a special treat for yourself when you get to goal :)

Good luck with the restart.

Back