miss r's SS/SS+ diary.

I can't say I've noticed to be honest. It could be that it's still relatively new and does need more use. I've had mine for over a year now, but I'll make a point of having a sniff later when I use it.

The only thing it says in the instructions is not to keep it going for more than 10 seconds at a time. So if you are only doing a few seconds each time, then it should be fine.

Day 4 Evening.
Well i've been to the supermarket, I coped ok, I didn't look at the food aisles. And they were not pumping out nice bakery smells so that helped. Got some magazines instead of getting food treats like I usually would do.
And on my return, for my evening meal I had a chocolate shake with ice, I drank half, it was nice, and then put in some peppermint tea with the other half to see what that was like, after the first sip I wasn't too sure but it was ok after having some more. I am undecided which I like best.

I wonder if I can add ginger powder to a banana milkshake??
I was looking in my spice cupboard and I have some ground dried ginger. Would that be ok to have on SS?? Not sure what it would taste like though. Or maybe I could try nutmeg??

Starting to run out of powder shakes so will have to use the tetra briks soon.

I can confirm that the smoothie 2 go does smell a big dodgy when in use. It reminds me a bit of the scalextric smell from when I was a kid.

I would imagine ginger might be okay. I have read that cinnamon or nutmeg are both supposed to be good in some shakes, including banana. I don't think any of them are officially allowed on CD, but if it doesn't affect ketosis and it helps to get through the diet, then why not, right?

Day 5
Well it is day 5, I started the day with a trip to the shops. Had to go past lots of cafes, etc.
Didn't eat anything, though I did like the idea of sunday dinner.
Then I came back and had a banana milkshake, it was nice.
Half way through I added some freshly grated nutmeg and it was lovely.
Will definitely do that again next time.

For my next meal I had a cappuccino shake with ice, which I liked too, I didn't think I liked cappuccino as I don't like coffee, so that was good.
I picked it as I thought i'd give each shake flavour a chance, even the ones that didn't appeal, and so far there are none I don't like.

As for how I feel, I feel fine today.
I definitely have lost some weight, though i'm not sure how much.
I am not tired/feeling rough like I expected to. Haven't had any headaches since starting the diet and I was expecting one from Day 1.
Before I started the diet I was having frequent headaches which I think were caused by salty food.

I am coping without food so far. I'm shocked about that, I thought I would have been ravenous for normal food by this stage. Just hope it lasts.
Looking forward to my weigh in.

After 4 days of doing 100% sole source I have fallen off the wagon.
It was all going so well.
I had a packet of couscous, I know I should not have eaten it.
I was stressed after an argument with my other half. Not that it is an excuse.
I expect I have knocked myself out of ketosis. I will restart tomorrow.
I feel very disappointed and I will have to learn from this.

I have had a think about what happened earlier and I can see why it happened.

I didn't drink enough water today and so was hungry, I will drink more tomorrow.
I must not let this happen again. The couscous was not even that nice, didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.
I actually prefer the shakes to the couscous I had.

I know I can do this, I did it for 5 days, and thats the longest i've ever been without eating conventional food (well since I was a baby I suppose) so I know that I can do it. If I can manage 5 days then I know I can do it.
I won't let this hiccup ruin things nor will I think its ok to happen again.

Tomorrow I am back on the shakes!! yum yum

Hi Miss-R,
Congrats for getting back on track. Everyone has blips now and then (I speak from a lot of experience! :p). Don't let it get you down.
Good luck with today. :)
Tess

Well at least you have learnt from it and can now put it behind you and try your best to make sure it doesn't happen again. Good luck, and don't let it get you down. :)

Sorry to hear about your little stumble last night hun. Huge huge well done though on putting it behind you and moving on. Its tough when things happen that make you want to turn to food. I know i have mentioned this in a few of my posts but it seems really useful so far, anyway if you get a chance research the Becks diet solution book, i wish i had done this whilst i was doing CD for the 1st time.

WI for us both tomorrow :D I'm a bit nervous about it in some ways but excited in others. How you feeling about yours? I haven't been 100% but feel better in the knowledge i have had the best week food wise since xmas :D

Hope your having a fab day Miss r x

Hi! Just wanted to see how your day's gone so far? :)

Sorry to hear about your little stumble last night hun. Huge huge well done though on putting it behind you and moving on. Its tough when things happen that make you want to turn to food. I know i have mentioned this in a few of my posts but it seems really useful so far, anyway if you get a chance research the Becks diet solution book, i wish i had done this whilst i was doing CD for the 1st time.

WI for us both tomorrow :D I'm a bit nervous about it in some ways but excited in others. How you feeling about yours? I haven't been 100% but feel better in the knowledge i have had the best week food wise since xmas :D

Hope your having a fab day Miss r x

Hi sass thanks for your message, I will look into that book, sounds interesting.

as for the weigh in i'm looking forward to it, definately lost some weight just not sure how much!
You say you haven't been 100% but it is very hard so very well done on what you have done. We will get there!!

Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow xx

Day 6
I started with a chocolate mint shake, it was nice.
Later on I had a cold strawberry tetra for the first time and it was nice until the last few sips, then it made me feel a bit funny for a while and made my mouth feel a bit horrible. Maybe I hadn't shook it properly or something.
Then I drank lots of water to try and feel better.
Not sure about the cartons but will try one again.

For my last meal I had original porridge, i've not had that before, I was not sure about it plain so I added some nutmeg and cinnamon, then it was better. Will get another packet of it to give it another chance.
All in all I have had a good day i've not been hungry/craving much, although I had to watch my boyfriend eat curry and it looked really nice.

Tomorrow is weigh in day!!

Day 7
Weigh in later!!!
I started the day with a fruits of the forest shake. It was nice but I probably added too much water.

Day 7
I got weighed and I had lost 11 pounds!
I was very happy with that, but I had only had one shake and not much water before I got weighed and also when I got weighed the first time I had just eaten a big meal so I expect I lost more like 10 pounds but either way i'm happy.
Got my next lot of shakes and soups etc.
Bit tired so will write more tomorrow!!!

Wow! Congrats on your amazing weightloss! You are doing so well. Good luck for week 2 and sleep well. :clap:

Day 6
I started with a chocolate mint shake, it was nice.
Later on I had a cold strawberry tetra for the first time and it was nice until the last few sips, then it made me feel a bit funny for a while and made my mouth feel a bit horrible. Maybe I hadn't shook it properly or something.
Then I drank lots of water to try and feel better.
Not sure about the cartons but will try one again.

Hi Miss-R, hope you're doing well. I know exactly where you're coming from about the cartons. It happened to me too the first time I drank one. I felt a bit nauseous and dizzy. I asked my CDC about it and she said it was because of the concentration of minerals and it could be that it was a bit of a shock to my body initially. Since then I haven't had any problems and I tend to drink a glass of water before I have the Tetra.
Anyway, hope you have a great evening. x

Thanks for all the nice messages!!!!!

Days 7 and 8
I have gone on to SS+ this week, I will see how I get on.
If I don't lose much when I get weighed next tuesday I will go back to SS.
Tuesday I got weighed, and later I had a SS+ meal.
(Haddock with dill cooked in a little bit of stock, and mushrooms. All oven cooked. Not sure mushrooms went with this meal but I enjoyed it. hope I don't make anyone hungry!)
It was a small meal but I appreciated it more than I appreciated food before I started on CD.
Since starting CD I have realised I don't need to eat as much, I can get by on little food and feel ok, and also it has reinforced the belief that I used to eat just because I was bored.

Later I had a shake and went to bed as was tired.
Day 8
Had a shake, then porridge, then my SS+ meal, (mushroom omelette - used a non stick pan but expected it to stick but it didn't) later had another shake.
Not really a lot to say about this day.
I hope I lose some weight this week!
Was tired so went to bed.

Back