miss r's SS/SS+ diary.

Day 9
Had a cappuccino shake for breakfast but not enough water.
Had an omelette with garam masala for lunch. Hope garam masala is allowed, it didn't have any salt in in. Was a bit disappointing tasted very boring.

I've got a little bit of cauliflower and I didn't fancy it with the eggs, I was going to have the veg portion later is this ok?? is it ok to divide SS+ meals up??

Until just now didn't realise US stones were different to UK stones, knew something wasn't right, sadly my start weight was more pounds than I thought! Still a bit confused

Just had some cauliflower, one bit was with sprinkled nutmeg and the other bit had fennel seeds on. Just to see what it was like.
They were both ok but preferred the nutmeg one probably. I hope i'm allowed fennel seeds. Probably ate about 5 or 6.
Got a bit of inertia today, but I will move off this spot in a minute.
Got housework to do.
I should think about doing more exercise. Must dust off the Wii Fit!!

Hi Miss-R, I also had some eggs today, and like you I haven't had cauliflower with it. I am going to have it later on tonight. Don't think it will matter, to be honest. When I have my choc bar I divide it into quarters and have it throughout the day.

Hope that helps. ;);)

Day 9 continued
Had a vanilla shake with cinnamon I used my smoothie 2 go and it was all nice and slushy
Then for my next shake I had banana and had nutmeg with it, but not enough nutmeg
Hoping i'm still in Ketosis. I hope I lose weight this week!!
Been feeling quite tired in the evenings I assume its because i'm on low calories. I've not been having any cravings or hunger much for the last few days (apart from when I smell nice food) but I get quite tired.
Day 10 tomorrow.

You're doing brilliantly, miss-r!
Hope you have a good day. When is your weigh in? :)

Hiya Mrs r, i have always done a mix of SS and SS+ at times when i need to just eat something and its never done me any harm. From what i read on here too a lot of people don't see much difference in the weight loss between SS and SS+, i just think that those who choose to do SS really just want to be able to step right away from food and don't feel able to stop at the SS+ guide lines.

Day 10
Well I am now at the end of Day 10.
At the start day 10 seemed a long way away but i'm here!!
If you are reading this and finding it hard, keep going!! If I can do it so can you!!!

Today I had cod and cauliflower, it was alright but a bit plain. At lunchtime. (should have saved it for my evening meal - nevermind)
Mid afternoon I had a butterscotch shake, v nice, with ice.
Early Evening I had Leek and potato soup with lots of pepper, it was hot enough this time which helped. Everytime I make soup seems to be lumpy - sure there must be a knack to making it.

Haven't had my third shake (though had SS+ meal) is this ok?? By the time I was due my 3rd shake it was bedtime so i've not had it.

Also I have been finding my moods are a bit low, i'm not crying (well I have a few times since starting CD) but I just feel very quiet and subdued over last few days.
I am happy with last weeks weight loss but maybe the lack of food is making me have a low mood??
Does anyone else feel like that??

Day 11
Woke up with totm/pains, more than usual and I have a mirena coil, but am ok. (asked a q about it in forum)
Well i've had my shake, chocolate mint. Very nice. Not a lot to say about it but I am not hungry and I feel fine.
Been looking at cook books which I definitely could not have done in week 1.

Later on I will have my SS+ meal but not until the early evening so i've got it to look forward to (yesterday I had my meal early and felt a bit miffed had to wait till today to have next SS+ meal)

I was thinking about the cost of CD as been reading different forums about cheaper meal replacement diets.
For me it is worth the extra money as there is more choice and I am enjoying the shakes, and porridge, not enjoying the soups as much but they are ok. Looking forward to having the bars.
Its worth me paying an extra few pounds to ensure I enjoy it. Rather that than get cheap VLCD and falling off the wagon.
I look at it as investing in my health.
Fast food and ready meals are as much as the cambridge diet and they are not good for me.
I used to buy clothes sometimes to cheer myself up (stopped buying now till I lose some weight - got lots of old too small clothes waiting to be worn anyway)
Might buy something when I can get into size 18 jeans. (before diet I was wearing size 22-24 jeans depending where they are from, now I am a bit smaller but not gone down a size yet).
Now the money is going on me losing weight which cheers me up and is healthier and less depressing than having to buy clothes in a size I don't want to be.
Anyway enough about that! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

Day 11 continued
Tried white tea which is nice, I had a splenda with it, about to try amber keemun tea so i'l see how I get on.
Mood is better today.
Will go on the wii fit later!!!

Hi Miss-R, hope you're well. Sounds like you're doing ok reading your diary.

I'm going to be doing SS+ from tomorrow still, but my CDC has suggested that I divide the packs into 2, so that I have 8 meals during the day to tide me over. Hopefully that will help. :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi really. Have a good evening. :D

Hi Miss-R, hope you're well. Sounds like you're doing ok reading your diary.

I'm going to be doing SS+ from tomorrow still, but my CDC has suggested that I divide the packs into 2, so that I have 8 meals during the day to tide me over. Hopefully that will help. :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi really. Have a good evening. :D

Hi tessie

Split the packs? I might try that too if I get hungry.

hope you are having a nice weekend xx

Day 11 continued
Yesterday I had
2 shakes
meal of omelette with courgette
and a porridge in the evening.

Went out to an event and didn't eat or drink anything, but had the porridge when we came back.

Day 12
Well I haven't had anything to eat yet.
Got to have more water.
Looking forward to getting the bars, and mix a mousse.
I hope I like it, as got to have the shakes with ice, I suppose the mousse won't taste as cold.
When I get weighed I will get some.

Well I went out and watched my bloke eat a meal, it looked so delicious and I wanted some and felt very grouchy. (it was my fault as said we could go for a meal and only him eat.)
Anyway I didn't eat any of it, but we came back and had my SS+ meal.

I had cod with fish herbs that i've had in cupboard for 2 years unopened!! Shows how much I used to cook fish!! (well I used to have salmon sometimes)
They are still in date and if they weren't I would still have used them.
Ground some in the pestle and mortar and it made it smell alot stronger. I added it to the cod and microwaved with slices of courgette (black pepper on courgette). It was very nice.
Trying to drink lots of water now.

Day 13
Not had anything to eat yet but trying to drink more water this morning,
have not been drinking enough over past 2 days.

Well its Day 14
Weigh in day today.

Will write about day 13 first.
Yesterday I felt quite tired and didn't have much energy to do anything.
Started my day with SS+ meal (cod and cauliflower - again!) it was nice.

At 3pm I had a shake (warm) then I went to bed and woke up at 6.30pm!! I never usually go to bed in the day, guess I must have been tired? or maybe because I wasn't having many calories??
It didn't really matter as I had nothing planned (apart from housework)

Woke up groggy and it was dull and raining, went to the shop.
Then I was hungry in the evening, had apple and cinnamon porridge with extra cinnamon. Was still hungry but didn't have my third shake as by that time it was nearly 11pm. Went to bed thinking of food but feel better this morning.

Day 14
I will be weighed later. Will have my SS+ meal after weigh in.
Will drink lots of water this morning, hope it will not affect weigh in. (that is this afternoon)
I am going to get some bars later.

Back