miss r's SS/SS+ diary.

Well this evening I tried to make butterscotch shake with mix a mousse, not tried that before. I used my hand blender and put it in the fridge, then when I went to eat it it was lumpy, I could have sieved the lumps out but by then I had lost my appetite. So didn't eat it. So then I tried a choc orange shake warm but I didn't like it much. I got it down but probably won't get that again. (I have one left and I'l try it cold doubt i'l like it)
I should have had a third shake but its too late now.

Hi Miss-R, I haven't tried the Mix-a-Mousse yet, but I may try it next week. How do you mix it with a shake?
Yeah, I also get put off if I find lumps in my shake/soup or porridge. I had apple and cinnemon porridge the other day and it made me gag!:eek:
Sleep well. :)

Hi Miss-R, I haven't tried the Mix-a-Mousse yet, but I may try it next week. How do you mix it with a shake?
Yeah, I also get put off if I find lumps in my shake/soup or porridge. I had apple and cinnemon porridge the other day and it made me gag!:eek:
Sleep well. :)

Hi tessie
the mix a mousse comes with a scoop. 1 scoop, in bowl, empty packet in, add water and mix with blender (thats how I did it anyway.) Good luck with the mix a mousse!! :):)

I'm thinking of getting the mousse stuff too when I see my CDC later this evening. I thought about it when I had my butterscotch shake yesterday, it reminds me so much of the butterscotch angel delight I used to have as a kid.

So were the lumpy bits from the shake or from the mousse powder?

I always end up with lumps in the shakes/soups/porridge etc regardless of what I do. I try making everything into a paste first and then adding the water gradually which seems to help.

I might also try getting the bars this week as I am missing very much having something to chew (apart from the lumps in my shakes ;)).

Hope you have a good day

Toria xxx

Hi tessie
the mix a mousse comes with a scoop. 1 scoop, in bowl, empty packet in, add water and mix with blender (thats how I did it anyway.) Good luck with the mix a mousse!! :):)

Hi miss-r - thanks for that. I am planning on getting some on Friday. Will let you know how it goes. :D
Hope you're ok otherwise. At work at the mo, and pretty busy, so will catch up later. Chat soon. :)

Day 23

Well it is Day 23 (I didn't think i'd get this far to begin with!)
I haven't posted for a few days, I have been a bit busy.
The diet is going fine, well yesterday I wasn't 100%, but I am back on CD and am committed to it.
Yesterday I went out and had a nandos wrap with chilli chicken. I didn't have any side orders or starters (apart from one chip)
It was very naughty but I have to admit I didn't feel guilty. I drank fizzy water and it very was nice to eat out, a real treat.
I don't recommend anyone follows my example though. I have probably took myself out of ketosis but i'm out of sticks (used lots in the first couple of weeks - a bit obsessive!)
After we were back from shopping I had one shake in the evening instead of two.

Today I started the day with a bar and rode my bike to the supermarket and got some magazines. Looking forward to my next pack.
I hope my nandos or exercise hasn't stopped my weight loss but I'l wait and see.
Anyway I hope everyone is doing well. When I get chance I will have a proper read of the cambridge diet forums.

Tonight I tried on some clothes, I wanted to for over a week but put it off till now in case they were still tight and I was disappointed.
They were a bit tight last time I tried them and have been in my wardrobe unable to wear for over a year, and today they fitted!
2 pairs of jeans where the waistband cut in and left a mark on my stomach, are now fine to wear, they are only a bit loose, but I am really pleased. Have been wearing size 22-24 trousers (depending on the cut) for at least 3 years, and they were sometimes a bit tight, so am pleased. My jeans that I tried tonight are both a size 22 (different shops) and are loose so thats good. I'm not quite into a 20 but doubt it will be long. Have a pair of size 18 trousers that I was bought 4 years ago and been never worn I aim to wear them this year.

If anyone reads this and is new to cambridge/struggling, keep going!!

It does work and if I can do it then most people can!!!

Day 24
Started day with a bar, cranberry. and later had a cold shake, butterscotch.
I'm going off the cold shakes, it was my first cold shake in a week or so, and will be the last cold shake for a while.
Just had my tea, sort of omelette arnold bennett, well kind of, adapted it for CD, it was nice.
Used 1 egg, a small amount unsmoked haddock and lots black pepper (maybe should have used mixed herbs??) cooked the fish first in microwave, flake fish, then added egg, stir and microwave until done.
Not had that before, I think cheese is with it usually, but didn't add any so I can stick to CD, black pepper and then done.

Tonight I had another bar, so thats 2 bars i've had today. Will have to try the tetras again as I am starting to rely on the bars too much.
Tomorrow I will start the day with a tetra brik, hope I like it this time

Hi Miss-R, just wanted to pop in and see how you're doing. Have just had a quick read of your diary. Looks like you're doing fine, all in all. I struggled a bit today as I got stressed with my 2-year old playing up and possibly the lack of adult conversation today. Had a blip, but I'm going to be 100% again from tomorrow. Going for a picnic tomorrow and have already packed my Strawberry tetra and choc bar. :D
Hope you have a good day tomorrow. x

Hi Miss-R, just wanted to pop in and see how you're doing. Have just had a quick read of your diary. Looks like you're doing fine, all in all. I struggled a bit today as I got stressed with my 2-year old playing up and possibly the lack of adult conversation today. Had a blip, but I'm going to be 100% again from tomorrow. Going for a picnic tomorrow and have already packed my Strawberry tetra and choc bar. :D
Hope you have a good day tomorrow. x

Hi tessie

Sorry to hear about your blip, it can be difficult cant it.
Hope you had a better day today, did you enjoy your picnic?? Going to look at your diary now anyway. Hope you are enjoying your time off xx

Day 25
I had a bar, 2 tetras which were alright (was not looking forward to them but they were quite nice), and my meal was chicken cooked in balsamic, and some rocket salad with yet more balsamic vinegar. Hope I didn't overdo the balsamic vinegar.

Day 26
Started day with a bar, then I had courgette omelette, and this evening had some blackberries, whoops. Suppose it could have been worse.
I need to have another pack now but I can't be bothered!!
This week I am going to get tetras and bars (got lots of powder shakes/porridge anyway - bought extra than what I needed) so I don't have to make them. Will be quite busy this week anyway so that will help. Struggling to drink enough water today.

Day 27
Got weighed today - 8lbs off in 2 weeks, i'm very happy with that.

Haven't been this weight for at least 3 years, so its nice, I feel healthier, I don't feel as self conscious in public and am starting to look in clothes shops more as its not as depressing, not that i'm buying anything, but I like planning what I might want to buy in the near future (i'm not a 20 yet though, but my 22's are not tight anymore)

Tonight I had 2 hard boiled eggs for tea, it was a bit boring I suppose but they filled me up. Didn't have any veg though. Should have had soft boiled eggs and something to dunk in the egg? Don't suppose its asparagus season so I dont know what.

I am aiming to be 15 stone something by next tuesday.

Well I have been away for 3 days, I have stuck to the diet but not 100% unfortunately.
I've been using tetras and bars and for my SS+ meal ive had chicken tikka (cooked prepacked small packs from supermarket)
naughty but figured it was better having that than something else. Bored of the packet shakes now, but sure i'l be back on them soon. Starting to get quite bored of CD even though i'm on SS+ but nevermind I will persevere. I suppose the novelty has worn off. Hopefully I will feel better when I get weighed and it will renew my enthusiasm.
Weigh in is on tuesday.

Day 33 (i think)
I am on week 5 and I get weighed tomorrow I think I have lost something according to my scales but I don't know how much as I go by my CDC scales.
I think it is only going to be a couple of pounds unless I lose more by tomorrow which is a bit disappointing but then I must remember I had chicken tikka and nibbled some of my partners chinese takeaway was only a tiny bit but suppose it was fat laden (whoops).
And had totm this week. (seems like i've had less days between cycles since starting CD but haven't been counting - guess losing weight is a shock to the system)

Feeling a bit better about CD today, I must make sure I don't have my SS+ meal too early in the day as I find it makes me fed up if I have to wait until the next day for the next SS+ meal.
I have ran out of bars, I have been having them for breakfast but over the past couple of days I have noticed I wasn't even hungry for a bar at breakfast, and it was too sweet for that time of day. Will have tetras instead.
When I get some more bars I will save them for when I really want them. Got lots of cleaning up/laundry to do today.
Hope everyone is doing ok on CD.

Just Had my SS+ meal
I had a bag of quorn mince in the freezer that I didn't know what to do with (bought it before started CD) and my cambridge cupboards are looking a bit bare so I decided to have that.
I cooked it in the microwave in a lidded bowl with some shredded cabbage, (cabbage was also just sitting there in the fridge, didn't know what to do with it until today) dried mixed herbs, a little bit of veg boullion, and then ate it. It was filling and I am happy with the amount of quorn allowance and i'm glad I used the cabbage and quorn before they went out of date, but it was a bit boring flavour-wise even though I added stock powder.
Wonder what other herbs and spices would go well??
Not hungry now. When I go to the shop I am going to buy some more quorn for this week.

Day 34
Weigh in day!

<drumroll>

I lost a pound (if that, think she rounded down to next whole pound). Big disappointment.
It is my own fault.
I put it down to drinking lots of water before weigh in, totm, but especially having chicken tikka when I was away earlier in the week, and a few naughty little nibbles when I was in Chester. Also I haven't done any exercise apart from walking. Maybe I should up my exercise now i'm on week 6??

It is still a disappointment though. I'd have hoped to have lost at least 2 pounds.

Anyway this week I will try harder and not have any unauthorised foods.

Tonight I had quorn (as big allowance) had 150g so could add extra veg, added 50g mushrooms, to make it up to the usual 200g quorn allowance, and also had 2 tbsp cabbage usual veg allowance. Is it ok to do that??
I microwaved it with cumin powder, coriander powder, paprika, dried mixed herbs, little bit veg boullion stock, green dried coriander, black pepper and worcester sauce. It was nice!!
Don't know if all the flavourings were allowed but it made it better than last time.

Earlier I had a bar and before my weigh in, a tetra for my first meal.
One pack to go, will have at about 9.30pm ish

Might try putting choc tetra with warm water for that one.

I want to hit the 2 stone mark by next tuesday.

I weighed myself and according to my scales, i'm 1 pound off 2 stone loss :)
(but i'm going by my CDC scales as they are different to mine, hers always say i'm heavier than my scales, so won't know for sure until next tuesday, but I will lose more weight by then anyway.)
Didn't lose any weight from last tuesday to this tuesday, but at least the weight seems to be going down now.
Anyway I started the day with a bar, and later I will have a warm tetra with water. Tried that for the first time a couple of days ago and it was nice. Trying to drink lots of water today well I am about to.

I had my second pack a tetra, then later on I had my SS+ meal
Haddock and broccoli cooked in a bit of stock and black pepper. Also tried water flavouring with warm water tonight, it was alright.
Just had my 3rd pack but it was a bit early, as I had my ss+ meal only a couple of hours ago, unfortunately for my third pack I had a bar. I had one for breakfast today so I shouldn't have done it but I was stressed. Have had an argument and have gone to bed.
Hope the bar doesnt affect my ketosis.

Back