miss r's SS/SS+ diary.

miss-r

I can do it!!
I have been inspired by other people's weight loss diaries, and thought i'd start my own. Will give me something to do and something to look back on.

Hope it won't bore anyone that reads it!!!

So anyway, this will be the first time I do this and I have seen the CDC this week, she was very nice and she went through what I will have to do. And she gave me the form to get the doctor to sign so I can start Soul Source.

I saw my doctor today, well a different doctor at the surgery, she wasn't very nice.
She didn't seem very impressed and I felt like she was rushing me and I also think she thought I was wasting her time.

I quickly asked her a minor health question which literally took less than half a minute, and then she tried to bring the consultation to an end, think she must have thought that was all I wanted, and then I gave her the form, she said I hadn't filled it in when I had.
She said she didn't have the time to fill it in now, and I would have to fill it in and give it to the reception and come back and get it and there might be a charge.
I am having to pay 20 pounds for her to sign the form and I have to go and collect it tomorrow.
I am sure the form would have taken less then 5 mins so £20 does seem a bit steep.
I just hope the money is going to the NHS and not to her. I won't see her again.

So i'm not very happy about that but I won't let her ruin my good mood. I am feeling positive and just waiting to get all the shakes etc and start.

I will be losing weight soon! :)

I think charging £20 is ridiculous and I find it disgraceful that anyone is charged that much, but it's good that you have put it behind you and can now and look forward to starting Cambridge and losing weight.

I hope all goes well and look forward to seeing you around. :)

aw thanks for replies to my thread.

Well I have weighed myself this morning and put on 3 pounds! :-(
I feel bad about it, but I know I have been enjoying my food more than I should so it shouldn't be unexpected.
I've been having my favourite meals as I am going on the cambridge diet. I start soul source on wednesday morning so i've got a bit more to lose now.
Will have to really try hard, I am trying to mentally prepare myself.
I'm waiting for headaches and cravings so cleared out the cupboard and going to clean out the fridge and take it all over to boyfriends mum house. (I don't like waste so can't throw it away - maybe if I could take wasting things I wouldn't be this size)

I have bought some menthol rub for headaches. Want to try and avoid pills but we'll see. I am prone to headaches especially when i'm dehydrated so I am expecting to feel quite rough.

I think I might put the scales in the garage as I will probably keep weighing myself and feel demoralised if I haven't gone down much.
Go by the CDC scales only even though last time they said I was heavier than my scales.

I am going to have to find new hobbies. My life has revolved around food and eating.

I think about food
I plan meals, read recipe books, look on internet for recipes.
I make food
I eat food
I wash up/clean after eating
I shop for food.

What am I going to do with myself!!!!

Going to collect my cambridge diet stuff from the CDC later.
Need to get the food I normally eat out of here!! Its all bagged/boxed up but need to take it over.
I suppose I will eat normally today as i'm not seeing my CDC until much later, but once I see her and get weighed, here we go!!
I will try and arrange the next weigh in for next wednesday so I have a full 7 days on SS. I'm abit worried that I will like the shakes and i'm not sure what to get, what if I really don't like something, if I don't have it I won't get enough vitamins etc. Perhaps I could buy a few extra?
Wondering what to have for my last meal before I get weighed.

Don't worry about not liking the products. Cambridge is supposed to be one of the best VLCD's for flavour and variety.

I would recommend buying more than you need and a good selection, that way you have extra just in case you really don't like something, as well as trying out different flavours to see what you do and don't like. Once you know what you do like, you can stick to those products in future. When I started I pretty much bought 2 of everything, except for some of the soups that I didn't fancy.

It's also wise to always have some extra products, as you never know when you might need them.

Well i've had my last meal. Enjoyed it as I knew what was coming. Looking forward to starting this though even though I expect i'l find it hard at times.
Then after the meal I went to see my CDC and got all my packets etc. So now I am ready. I am not hungry yet but expect to be before bedtime. And i've got a new CD to listen to instead of eating. (Pan Pipes - great!!)

thanks rubyangel!
----------------------------
Well I have had my first shake, it was really nice. Chocolate Mint, I added some ice and that made it even better. I got a shaker bottle from my CDC and I used that to shake it up. I did intend to use my stick blender but the bottle worked fine (shook it for ages don't know if it made a difference) so I will probably use that mostly.

Feeling very positive but it is only the first night, I just hope it lasts!!
Will see how I feel tomorrow, I am just waiting for the headaches to start so will try and drink lots of water.

I can do this!!!! We can do this!!!
Feeling very inspired by lots of people on here. I have a lot of weight to lose (7 stone) but lots of people have lost even more than I have to lose and I know I can do it. Just got to be strong and stick to it!!!

Yes, just take it one day at a time. Don't think about how much you want to lose, just focus on controlling what you eat and sticking to Cambridge 100%. The weight will take care of itself. Never let the scales control what you do either, they don't always show you the whole picture. If you haven't done so already, start a record of all your measurements, as this will also help to show that your hard work is worthwhile. :)

well I have done 1st full day and i'm now on day 2.
Have had no internet until now so been a bit bored.
Day 1.
Started day with vanilla shake with ice. Was nice, not quite as nice as choc mint but I liked it.
Later we went swimming but I didn't do many lengths.
Also went to some shops and had to walk past quite a few food shops but tried to ignore them.
Then later on I had apple and cinnamon porridge, added extra cinnamon powder I hope that is ok to do. I liked the porridge but perhaps added too much water.

Then later I had vegetable soup. Maybe I didn't add enough water but I didn't like it much. Managed to finish it.

In the evening I was quite hungry and didn't seem to have much energy but I was ok. Went to bed and today woke up and felt fine.
No headaches yet.

Day 2
For breakfast today I had a frozen tetra of chocolate milkshake. It was alright. I read about doing that on here. Hope that is ok to do on the first week.
Not feeling hungry yet, I feel alright. Started watching a cooking programme on TV but switched over incase it made me hungry. Got approx 2 hours to next meal but will try and delay it slightly as get hungry later.

Yes, just take it one day at a time. Don't think about how much you want to lose, just focus on controlling what you eat and sticking to Cambridge 100%. The weight will take care of itself. Never let the scales control what you do either, they don't always show you the whole picture. If you haven't done so already, start a record of all your measurements, as this will also help to show that your hard work is worthwhile. :)

Thanks FBS!!

Yes I am trying to get through each day. I'm trying not to concentrate on weight just got to get through each day and stay 100%.
I won't weigh myself at home, as think I will feel disappointed if its not much loss even if I try not to.
Want to join the soul source forum as think that might help too but not enough posts yet!!
Hope you are ok today FBS, well done on the weight loss!!

Hi, I'm just on my first day so am also waiting to see if I get headaches etc but looking forward to my first weigh in next wed or thursday.
Like your idea of putting scales in garage :D might just have to do that myself.
Good luck xx

Had my second meal of the day, apple and cinnamon porridge as was a bit cold. It was nice.
Added some freshly grated nutmeg so hope this is ok.

Not been drinking enough water so trying to drink more but keep needing the toilet! Good job i'm staying in today.
I used Ketostix just incase, and apparently i've gone into Ketosis but I haven't got the feeling of wellbeing etc I heard about. Perhaps that will come tomorrow??
I don't feel particularly cold although my feet are.
Still wanting food but thats maybe in my head. Cannot tell if I am hungry or not but want some food!!
Had a look in the cupboard for spices and found some food I really like.
I had already cleaned out the cupboards a few days ago, but my boyfriends food was in there. As I hadn't been in that cupboard for a while I forgot what was in there.
2 of my favourite foods items are in there! No!!!
Had to shut cupboard and I felt a bit cross that I couldn't have them and cross he'd left them there, but also felt why shouldn't he as he lives here.
Nearly rang him and told him i'd spotted the food items.

They are still in the cupboard and I daren't go in there again.

Hi, I'm just on my first day so am also waiting to see if I get headaches etc but looking forward to my first weigh in next wed or thursday.
Like your idea of putting scales in garage :D might just have to do that myself.
Good luck xx

Hi farmgirl thanks for your post, good luck to you too!! I am sure you will do great!! xx

Back