Miss_G's 23lb Xmas challenge

DAY 4

Well yesterday went ok. I had my shakes and then a bit of steak with an egg and some salad in the evening. Enjoyed it.

I think whats bothering me so far is that im so bored of the shakes. I love savoury - so I need to get some soups ASAP but I really cant afford to get them right now. :sigh:

But you know, if I weigh in on Monday and i've lost a good number then it looks like its something i'll just have to live with.
Work is a bit of a nightmare at the minute with people bringing yummy lunches in and the smells are wafting over, and theres always treats in the kitchen :( - but i've been good so im pleased with myself.

Also had a bit of a ding-dong with OH today so im feeling quite.. deflated. :sigh:

*And - i've become really aware that i'm getting bad breath? My mouth always tastes horrible and I know it can be a side effect of ketosis but because im feeling hunger pangs still i didnt think i was there yet.

DAY 6

Its day 6! Wow!

I had a bit of a blip last night.. well. Not a 'blip' as such but we'd stayed home all week and OH really wanted to eat out.

So what a nightmare! We went to TGI Fridays and I managed to resist all the yummy sugary cocktails and have lime and soda water instead.

To eat we had the chicken wings and strips... and for mains I had the ribs with salad and corn on the cob.
I know theres one or two things that havent helped like.. the lime in the soday and the sauce on the ribs/wings, and the corn but I thought i'd done really well to not pig out cos I could so easily have!!
Apart from that i've been sticking to it all week and im hoping the scales will still be kind on me tomorrow... :rolleyes:

Hope you're all doing well. xx

Fingers crossed it hasnt done too much damage and just get straight back on it today.

Yep, for sure Joanne. Its so hard to avoid the carbs isnt it? Especially when you eat out because its hard to put a meal together without them! :rolleyes:

Week 1 Weigh-in

Im really happy to have lost 5lbs today!

There are much bigger losses from others but I dont feel like ive been deprived (doing the working solution) and ive been enjoying it all in all, so heres to another good week.

From reading other peoples diaries it seems the 2nd wekk is always slower so i'll just have to not hope for too much and stay on the wagon if I dont get a good result next week.

Thanks for your support everyone. xx

Yay - well done

xxx

DAY 9

Just popping in to see how everyone is getting on and really pleased that not too many people are disappointed this week. Great start to the new year people! :D

This does seem to be getting easier for me. Im not sure im in Ketosis because I AM still having very minimal carbs in my evening meal but mostly protein. And im having chewing gum and a few other things ive read can knock you out of Ketosis so im pretty sure ive not been in it to begin with!
Nevertheless im feeling quite good :)

I wish people in the office would stop bring in all these treats though! SOOO hard to resist.. but I am. Just. xxx

DAY 12

Its Friday! Yay! :D

I was naughty today. I had a sneak preview on the scales and im 3lbs down and have the whole weekend to go before Mondays weigh in! I hope its not a horrible trick my scales are playing on me! :D

Fingers crossed Miss G. Roll on Monday.

Thanks Joanne! I've done nothing but hop on and off those bloody scales all weekend. :rolleyes:
I'ts looked good - then bad - then good - so im giving them a miss until tomorrow morning like I should have done in the first place!

My flatmate is having toasted tea cakes. They smell SO good. :(

Week 2 weigh-in

3.5lbs!

Im a tiny bit disappointed as this was my weight on Friday night so I hoped i'd be able to get a littttle bit more off, but. Maybe its a head start for next week?

Well done to everyone, some fab losses. :)

DAY 17

Im really struggling today. Its dinnertime and people around me have got chips. :(

I wont have them because im far too determined still, but. Way to make me break guys. :rolleyes:

*Goes for shake*

Back