Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Missing Crisps?

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Poppy03, 18 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Poppy03

Poppy03 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.43%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Stab
    I am missing the crunch of most food to be honest but decided to make myself some crisps. I was going to be doing this anyway as it was a suggestion from someone on how to use up the glut of courgettes.

So I got some water, put in a couple of glugs of soy sauce (light) and made it very watery. Cut up some courgettes using my kitchen slicer thing and soaked them in the mixture for a little while. I got out my electric dehydrator laid them on there and am drying them to a crisp.

I have to say, the few that I have 'tested' (I am on PV day) are really good. Got the crunch and flavour. I was going to do some with chicken stock and other flavours but may wait until I am on conso.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louschu

louschu Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(20.73%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan - Stabilization
    sounds interesting, i also really miss crisps and can't believe i haven't touched one for nearly 7 weeks, what is an electric dehydrator?

4. Poppy03

Poppy03 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.43%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Stab
    An electric dehydrator just replaces doing it in the oven over a long period of time at a cooler temp. If you put it in google you will find loads. In hot countries they just do it outside but lets face it, not going to happen here. I use mine to do 'sun dried' tomatoes, mushrooms to store etc. Want to use it more this year, just waiting for the glut.

My hubby and I sat in front of the telly eating the crisps last night, he was impressed and I enjoyed them. Just need to try them out on the 3 year old now. :)

5. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Lots of us make celeriac crisps (simply remove outer skin from celeriac, continue with your potato peeler making your crisps, place on a baking tray with a couple of sprays of fry lite on.... crisps!). You can also make crisps with slices of turkey or chicken on a PP day.

As for missing crunch, I ensure I find CRISPY lettuce, cuc, celery on PV days :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.